Thread: SOme problem with MAME and ubuntu 12.04

Thanks

Default SOme problem with MAME and ubuntu 12.04

Hello, i use a repo and that repo update lot of time my mame 32bit (original) on my ubuntu 12.04.
    The strange is: my latest mame 0.151 is very slow , i have compiled the 0.148 and lot of game is very fast (like Killerinstinct).
    My pc isn't super (amd athlon 2,5ghz 64bit, 1,5gb ram, ati radeon 9250 128bit with mesa/gallium).
    I have another strange problem, i launch mame and if i try to launch some games with internal rom broswer it say to me: Error CHD missing bla bla.
    But if i start the same roms with cli (ex:mame aof3) the games start immediatly... why the roms broswer ask me for invalid missing file???
    I hope people know why latest mame on my pc is very slow and the 0.148 is very fast?

M.A.M.E. v0.152 (Jan 18 2014) - Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator that the latest i have and is slow with the same game...
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2014 at 19:19.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Learn the power of edit post, it's on the lower right of posts you make

Guess you don't have the chd's for some of your games, chd's are not part of rom sets directly but huge files that are of HDD CD GD or DVD images compressed into chd format so they are not roms of micro chips

I would also take a guess that you don't have the samples either

Core changes... no idea why you get slow downs

each version of MAME not only updates roms with new games but also updates older roms, so some older sets do not work with newer or older versions of mame due to changes to the rom sets making roms or at least part of them become invalid, if you run anything with an out of date rom set that may be oart of the reason you are getting a slow down as it is looking for data that is not there

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

sorry for the double post..
    No my problem is different... i give u a example:
    i use $ mame aof3 (mame start and load the art of fighting 3 roms without any problem)
    i use $ mame (mame start and show to me a roms broswer, if i choice aof3 it say to me: " the select game is missing one or more required roms or chd files, please select different games"

But why say that the roms broswer? if with mame aof3 the same roms load without any problem?

With command line games run
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kof94.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	40322

With mame broswer rom ask me for missing file O.O
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kof94err.jpg 
Views:	1911 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	40323

i give u a pic .. sorry for my english and for doublepost

what u mean with the question? i have teh same problem with my two mame version... if i use the cmd prompt and i launch the SAME roms, that games start, if i try with mame internal rombroswer it askme for missing rom
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2014 at 21:22.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

lol at the 2nd double post but I know that was just the forum bugging

No idea, are you using the version of mame to play in both instances?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

look at my previous post..

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can you give me screen shots for the same game via both methods

e.g Aof3 via command line or an error for Kof94 in the menu select

From what I can tell the chances are Aof3 actually has missing files

The best and easiest way to check is via clrmamepro that is a windows app and either a MAME 1.5.2 dat files or a MAME 1.5.2 exe to create a dat from using clrmamepro then scan your roms/samples folders, roms folder should also contain extra folders inside with chd files if you have any.

Aof3 runs just fine for me both ways, kof94 and aof3 are different games

You either have a bug in your version if Aof3 runs from command line but not the internal rom menu
    Or you do have a missing or incorrect rom in the Aof3.zip file
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-February-2014 at 21:45.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]