Thread: Trouble with Star Control and Game Genie codes

Thanks

Default Trouble with Star Control and Game Genie codes

So, hello all. I know I'm new and therefore usually due to be somewhat ignored for at least a little while...
    But when you're done ignoring me, one of my fav games of all time was Star Control. I recently got it for my emulator, and I have found several lists of Game Genie codes for the game. However, it seems like only 1 of every 3 codes actually works-what's up with that? I think I remember using a Game Genie with this game and all the codes worked back in the day. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Better yet, can anyone give me a list of codes that DO work? Thanks loads!
    Last edited by GamerGenius1; 6th-February-2014 at 16:42. Reason: mispelling

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

At wild guess from the little info you have given, you are probably using codes intended for a different region version of the game to what you are trying to play.

The GameGenie itself was also very limited in that you could only have a certain amount of codes active before some started to, just not do anything.

I can't see you ever being able to use all the codes at once

Myself I always went with the Action Replay, but codes can be hard to find for that, I used it more partly because the real cheat cart let you create your own codes.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 11th-February-2014 at 19:49.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR