Thread: NullDC 1.0.4 hangs when starting game

Thanks

Default NullDC 1.0.4 hangs when starting game

Hello everyone. I've been trying to play Shenmue on my pc for a week, I'm very tired already, I tried everything I could, I even asked on forums but I don't get a reply that helps me load the game, please help!
    Now I'm trying NullDC as recommended but it hangs when I go to "file/normal boot"... :'(

Thanks
    EP Points

See if you can find version 1.0.6 beta. Pretty sure thats the one I used to test out that game

Make sure you have the bios in the right place too and wouldnt hurt to know your pc specs too
    Last edited by Zaladane; 2nd-January-2014 at 17:30.

Thanks

Excellent. It loads, but it seems my computer it's too slow, M500 2.2ghz... it runs quite slow and the sound is distorted... thank you for your help Zaladane, I'll research and try to get a real dreamcast...

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Emulation is not perfect anyway even if you do have a super fast PC, best way is still just to buy a Dreamcast, most models do not need to be modded in any way either

Dreamcast versions, Mil-CD/Selfboot Compatibility worth reading if you are going to buy

To save you looking though if you live in a PAL area, all PAL Dreamcasts can play Mil-CD/Selfboot CD's with no modding

P.P.S. you might want to pick up a pack of 99min CD-R's for the few games that have been ripped to be used with 99min CD-R media, get 80min ones aswell though for your normal 80min CD-R games

I used 99min for a few of my own rips so I did not have to remove or down-sample anything otherwise some content would of needed re-sampled or removed, a few of the re-sampled games are not badly done though and are hardly noticable, most games don't have re-sampled content or anything ripped though anyway as they fit just fine on 80min media
    Last edited by Zorlon; 2nd-January-2014 at 18:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by dh4m13l View Post
    Excellent. It loads, but it seems my computer it's too slow, M500 2.2ghz... it runs quite slow and the sound is distorted... thank you for your help Zaladane, I'll research and try to get a real dreamcast...
    Yeah that game can be pretty demanding actually. You can try fiddling with the settings and may be able to boost it a bit. Been awhile myself and don't even have the emulator at the moment. But like Zorlon said an actual system might be best

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post: