Thread: Help with PS2, IMG disc images

Thanks

Thumbs up Help with PS2, IMG disc images

I already downloaded the pcsx2 you gave. Just downloaded Digimon World 4, I want to run it but there no ISO file found. It just gave me the disc image file (IMG). Can I run the IMG file somehow? I have tried to convert into ISO but I failed. Any help? asap

Thanks
    EP Points

So you have an IMG image? You know how to mount something with DAEMON Tools Lite? If not, download it (freeware) and mount your IMG with it. Then open a burning app. like ImgBurn and "save" the mounted IMG image to a CUE+BIN image. CUE+BIN should always work in PCSX2 and I think all plugins support it, I use the cdvdGigaherz plugin. But to say that, whatever game it is, try to download it from Emuparadise, because they should all be in BIN+CUE. 1st load the CUE in PCSX2, sometimes they have additional informations for the game, for audio tracks etc. If the CUE file fails, take the BIN directly. Oh and don't mount any game to play it, just load the CUE/BIN image directly. So after converting, you could uninstall DAEMON Tools Lite again, but my suggestion is to redownload the game from EP and skip the installation of DTL. ^^
    Last edited by messiahgov; 18th-November-2013 at 18:53.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by budakskema View Post
    I already downloaded the pcsx2 you gave. Just downloaded Digimon World 4, I want to run it but there no ISO file found. It just gave me the disc image file (IMG). Can I run the IMG file somehow? I have tried to convert into ISO but I failed. Any help? asap
    Are you sure that is even a disc image?

Check the file size.

It sounds more like you have extracted the contents of the iso by using winrar to extract with, try using 7-zip instead

Next time just make your own thread instead of posting in multi threads that are started by other users, specially when you issue is not even related

EDIT killed your other posts and moved this one into it's own thread.

P.S. the above post is presuming the game is a CD, as it happens it is a DVD game not a CD game, it should be an iso not a bin+cue.

@ messiahgov isobuster can convert disc images directly without mounting anything and also has a free use version, there is even a guide for that here and works fine for PSX games that other direct converters fail with and works fine for DVD images aswell with the exception of GI DVD images that hardly anything supports (D-Tools does not support those either) but those are not common either.

The only disc images I would not touch in isobuster is Dreamcast image but you should never try and convert those unless you know what you are doing.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-November-2013 at 19:34.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    isobuster can convert disc images directly without mounting anything and also has a free use version, there is even a guide for that here and works fine for PSX games that other direct converters fail with and works fine for DVD images aswell with the exception of GI DVD images that hardly anything supports (D-Tools does not support those either) but those are not common either.

The only disc images I would not touch in isobuster is Dreamcast image but you should never try and convert those unless you know what you are doing.
    Thanks, now I learned something. ^^ But I used Isobuster a while back and now I have UltraISO. Maybe that would be enough, too. But I check Isobuster again, thanks!
    I always have DTL installed, very quick in mounting any disc that might come. Most of the time I use it to install PC games.

BTW, isn't there an announcement about the new Thanks system in the forums incl. the EP gain at the main side? I thought every post can have a Thanks button now?
    Last edited by messiahgov; 18th-November-2013 at 20:35.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ultra ISO is one of the ones that messes up PSX CD images if you use that to convert with, in fact it has tons of clones like Magic ISO ect ect they are all the same prog and all mess up PSX CD images when used to convert.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-November-2013 at 21:21.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR