Thread: Clarrification on the whole MAME, emulator, ROM hyperspin situation

Thanks

Default Clarrification on the whole MAME, emulator, ROM hyperspin situation

Hello,

I am a noob in the MAME world, but have seen some really interesting MAMEs that people have made on Youtube (ellhawkes78 just to name one). How does this hyperspin work? Do you need to download the MAME emulator then hyperspin, the title of the rom, and the rom that you want to put into the hyperspin software? Does hyperspin bring the emulator and the rom together in a nice neat package? Does hyperspin get configured to "know what emulator you have to use with what ROM you want to play?

Sorry for all the questions. If you can point me in the direction on where to learn more info on the whole hyperspin aspect I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Hyperspin is emulators frontend, you can download packages of games pictures, but it doesen't contain the emulator or the roms.

You'll need:
    Hyperspin
    Mame binaries
    Game roms

Tutorial:
    http://hyperspin-fe.com/oldsite/inde...=99&Itemid=111

Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by WitchHunter View Post
    Hyperspin is emulators frontend, you can download packages of games pictures, but it doesen't contain the emulator or the roms.

You'll need:
    Hyperspin
    Mame binaries
    Game roms

Tutorial:
    http://hyperspin-fe.com/oldsite/inde...=99&Itemid=111
    Thank you very much. I will look into this asap

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Best way for anyone new to mame is via mameui that is a gui version of mame that can check roms using audit to tell you if you are missing any roms and exactly what it is that is missing, normally mame would just say a rom or chd is missing but no info on exactly what that is (Hyperspin would be of no help there).

mameui also has a filter option (has lots of filters already set out) including a working list that you can filter again to show only what you have

http://www.mameui.info/

there are other gui based versions of mame as well with various hacks, but Mameui is a good solid stable engine to start with

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR