Thread: Digimon World 1 stats-screen freeze

Thanks

Smile Digimon World 1 stats-screen freeze

Hi, the good news is that I've isolated the issue to the controller. I've got the same problem as this guy:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...1-always-stuck

The problem:
    Every time after you battle or train at the gym, a stats screen pops up to show you what you've gained, and normally you can just press X to skip the add-up and proceed. I used to have no problems. Recently however, the controller is completely functional in every part of the game except that it doesn't recognise the input everytime there's this "stats screen".

What happens is that after training, if you don't skip the stats screen, the number'll add up and it'll go away by itself after a while - abit annoying, but even worse than that is when you battle digimon, they drop stuff and you have to acknowledge what they give you by pressing X...so the game "freezes" because for some reason, it doesn't recognise my input, but only for the stats screen.

The good news is, when I tried assigning the Gamepad to my keyboard and it works - I'm guessing here it has to be a controller emulation issue.

I'm using a PS3 controller connected via USB, epsxe 1.70, (I also tried 1.90) and I've tried it both with and without MotioninJoy - the controller doesn't work when it comes to the stats screen. I'm hoping that someone has a workaround to this? Preferrably if you're using a PS3 controller and some other software? (I'm not that technical so if you notice something I'd appreciate your help),

Thanks
    imra90

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure how you can solve this issue emulation wise, but my proposed hack is to map x to a keyboard button, then use joy2key to map your controller's x button to that keyboard button.

You can also try tweaking your emulator settings, specially the controller settings. I don't remember whether you can use other controller plugins with epsxe, but if you can, try other plugins as well.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gezegond For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. ditch 1.7.0 it has a problems with multi disc games as in disc change is messed up that is fixed in 1.8.0 and 1.9.0, 1.6.0 it was fine anyway

2. No you can't use other pad plugins (not without messing) but do check that has all buttons mapped correctly in the analog/dual shock setup (digital only should be auto setup anyway)

3. yeah joy2keys is a good idea

P.S. this is a pad issue, you can also make sure the pad is in digital mode and not analog mode

If you want to try other pad plugins let me know I can guide you through the process of doing just that, but by default you can't change what ePSXe uses for control pads
    Last edited by Zorlon; 13th-October-2013 at 20:20.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow, that was quick! Thank you good sirs, will get back to you on progress

Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I'm not sure how you can solve this issue emulation wise, but my proposed hack is to map x to a keyboard button, then use joy2key to map your controller's x button to that keyboard button.

You can also try tweaking your emulator settings, specially the controller settings. I don't remember whether you can use other controller plugins with epsxe, but if you can, try other plugins as well.
    I tried, didn't work sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    1. ditch 1.7.0 it has a problems with multi disc games as in disc change is messed up that is fixed in 1.8.0 and 1.9.0, 1.6.0 it was fine anyway

2. No you can't use other pad plugins (not without messing) but do check that has all buttons mapped correctly in the analog/dual shock setup (digital only should be auto setup anyway)

3. yeah joy2keys is a good idea

P.S. this is a pad issue, you can also make sure the pad is in digital mode and not analog mode

If you want to try other pad plugins let me know I can guide you through the process of doing just that, but by default you can't change what ePSXe uses for control pads
    If what you mean is changing the setting under Config < Game Pad > Port 1 > Pad 1, yeah, I tried to change it from Dualshock to Digital and even Dual Analog, still doesn't work though

On the bright side, I'm still at least able to skip the stats sequence by directly pressing the button on my keyboard. Thanks gezegond and Zorlon for the help though.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 14th-October-2013 at 21:22. Reason: merged posts

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok to use an alt pad plugin you need to use a front end for ePSXe, you can get that from here it's called ePSXeCutor

I have attached a bundle of alt pad plugins just extract it to the ePSXe plugins folder then use ePSXeCutor to create a setup, make sure on the options tab you have Start ePSXe Gui set, you can create a short cut for that as well once the config is saved in ePSXeCutor, just right click on the config and hit Create desktop config link
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: