Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So my 3DS broke... Any emyulators yet?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by AfternoonNappingGod View Post
    Actually, I have seen a Xbox 360 emulator & PS3 emulator before that was in alpha. They were really glitchy as hell and slow even back when i had my good PC, but I still got through a few games. Though I think the team that was working on it broke up. Back to the 3DS, I need to see if I am still covered if I bought it used from a friend. I am just going to wait till the 2DS and then some before I buy it.
    Don't trust everything you read, there are a lot of cons online including fake emulators 3DS included that let you download a prog that to get to the full download forces you through several adverts generating money for that site to get a program that does not do what it states, homebrew runners are not the same as retail game running and may not have anything to do the real console, or simulate a small part that is used for things like homebrew testing.

Nintendo will repair the 3DS even if you did get it second hand you do not need to prove how you got it (this is not what you started out saying mind) you will be charged for the repair but it will get repaired for less than it would cost to buy a 3DS, no harm in asking them, as you may be able to get a working 2nd hand 3DS for less (can't see it happening though)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2013 at 10:08.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I hope it will have some of the emulators as it is on Wii...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SNDY Firelight View Post
    I hope it will have some of the emulators as it is on Wii...
    eh

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    eh
    I think he is saying he hopes there will be a emulator for the 3DS( or maybe the xbox/ps3 if he was reading the posts) since there is already a wii emulator (dolphin) out. But there is some difference complications involved in emulating the 3DS vs a wii.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

there are plenty of emulators for the 3DS via a DS flash kit

tons of emulators for xbox, xbox 360 and PS3 aswell

There are tons of emulators on the Wii already, not just the built in SNES NES GameGear Genesis and more either, there are even a few DS converts on the Wii, as it happens 3 are shown on my last played list as those WiiWare games are just ports of the DS games

There are details missing from the 3DS that make it difficult to program a working emulation of the system, same applied to the xbox original (even though the original xbox is based on PC hardware, it is still not PC hardware) and applies to other systems even older that are yet to have a fully functional emulators
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2013 at 19:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

No one has even started yet and the Desmume team are adamant they won't work on one. It's a shame, but that doesn't mean one won't appear soon, though it will take a while to get good results if the architecture is really that different from a NDS (Unlike GC->Wii which was just an overclock).

For the best example? Look at PPSSPP. About a year out now and it runs A LOT of games perfectly, releasing several builds per day.

Essentially the only issue preventing it at the moment is talent with motivation. Talented programmers with a passion need to (and will eventually) start work on one, before we can even speculate accurately about how emulateable it will be.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Coraje187 View Post
    2DS will be around 230. USD
    http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds...ds-blue/111559

Shoot your facts...dead.

Anyways. With Black Friday around the corner and the recent release of the 2DS, expect the 3DS/XL to be dropping a few digits.

Time to finally buy one
    Last edited by Ryan; 29th-October-2013 at 00:53.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

То emulate something you need:
    a) As many information as possible on system internals, APIs etc-etc. At least SDK docs (but it's not enough)
    b) System must be hacked or there must be other way to run unsigned code for experiments.
    c) Skills and a lot of free time.

a) and b) are missing atm, at least no public stuff. (Gateway 3DS got nothing to do with 3DS itself, it's just a hardware cartridge emulator, that can only run exact original ROM dumps (signed/encrypted code) you can't run any homebrew with it).

Of course 3DS emulators will be here, question is - how soon. Don't expect any working one in next three years, it took 5+ years to emulate PSP, and that's with the fact that PSP was hacked almost at launch.

There's still no fully working XBox emulator, just because skilled people don't have much interest or time.

Thanks

Default Emulator On the Way, Looking for Crew Assemble!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFlash View Post
    То emulate something you need:

Just because skilled people don't have much interest or time.
    I am ready to assemble a team to start the 3DS project. I have 0 Knowledge in Programming (It's been a LONG time, and I have undiagnosed Alzchimers, so... Yeah, I have forgotten nearly all my studies, which is the primary reason I finally got fired from my job.)

Yeah, it's non profit, but currently, I'm absent minded and have lost a couple of good friends of my career, plus others by mentioning emulation, so, here I am, ready to assemble a team.

Post after the line if you'll like to join.

I know how game development functions, I still use Multimedia Fusion 2, I just no longer have the memory of the code and the access to the software I once had to do this.

OH, ABSENT MINDED!!!

I got a bonus! I have a Pokemon X iso. And I believe it works! I got it myself. So we have something to test it on!
    Last edited by gondracorn; 11th-November-2013 at 01:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

you might be better off posting on a place like romhacking.net instead of here, if you are serious about trying to start a 3Ds emulator.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

~I think this can be locked now it has served the purpose of the op to date

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]