Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dolphin stops working:the screen gets fixed

Thanks

Unhappy dolphin stops working:the screen gets fixed

I don't know whether this was asked or not (at least i couldn't find) but as the title says the screen gets fixed suddenly and I haven't any other choice except closing the game.for the first time a message box told me that there is a problem with my GPU and I should fix it but I unfortunately ignored the message and now I don't know what to do.(and I don't remember what the message was.I think it was about my GPU cores but I'm not sure) .this happened for digimon rumble arena 2 for the first time and now shadow the hedgehog sometimes crashes.could you please help me?
    these are specs
    (OS:windows 7(64 bit) - cpu:intel core i3 3.30Ghz(4 logical threads) - gpu:NVIDIA Geforce GT430 - RAM:4Gb-dolphin v2)
    Last edited by merin; 18th-August-2013 at 17:38.

Thanks

Uh sorry to tell u this bro, but it looks like ur Gpu is the problem. It is probably failing likely due to a hardware issue. I would recommend replacing it or the comp. In the future anyway. It sounds like ur comp is maybe a few years old so thats probably y. These things do break down after awhile, no matter how much we try to take care of them.

Thanks

I thought that way too but I bought this computer few months ago anyway it occasionally gets fixed and it told me to shot the second core down (as I remember) .

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Buy a Wii and get the comp fixed

Wii's are cheap now 2nd hand, in-fact most places are finding it hard to get rid of them

Make sure it's a Wii with the GC ports on it, get yourself a nice large USB HDD and soft mod the thing (standard SD is required to to initially mod a Wii)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Do you have any monitoring software for temperature? You may want to look into that for your gpu. It could be overheating and causing problems. The thermal paste may have dried out or something and could be an easy fix.

You may also want to update your drivers and directx, who knows maybe you did something at some point that buggered things there a bit - I don't know I don't use your computer.

Some basic troubleshooting to look into before you start forking out cash

You may also want to go into graphics settings for dolphinand switch the backend to software and see if that helps.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 20th-August-2013 at 18:37.

Thanks

I think I have the latest directx and device manager shows no problem and thanks for your help zaladane

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Neh they come standard I would say no, or if you have you don't know what the software is.

Have you tested the option Zaladane recommended trying out?

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

monitoring software for temperature? i have no idea.I went to dolphin graphics and I saw this: Backend:direct3d9 this menu had other options like diect3d11 ,Open GL and software renderer. and adapter is my gpu so what shall i do?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by merin View Post
    monitoring software for temperature? i have no idea.I went to dolphin graphics and I saw this: Backend:direct3d9 this menu had other options like diect3d11 ,Open GL and software renderer. and adapter is my gpu so what shall i do?
    You want to try the software one. As
    for the temp software just google it. There's a bunch of freeware out there for it.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ is just one of many temperature readout software packs that one is designed for intel chip sets I presume it will work fine for your chip set aswell

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

My cpu cores temp is between 38 to41 .it's ok but i couldn't switch to gpu Could you please explain?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Never used that software it is possible that it will only work with certain GPU types, there is software that can monitor your GPU though aswell

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ may do the trick it has temp features as well as advanced info just for GPU's

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

thanks again. see these pictures( I hope they are big enough)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.gif 
Views:	82 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	37871 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.gif 
Views:	76 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	37872

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by merin View Post
    thanks again. see these pictures( I hope they are big enough)
    If you hover over an attachment you'll see a message > Click image for larger version.