Thread: [PS1] Multi-game disc creating.

Thanks

Default [PS1] Multi-game disc creating.

Hello, I'd like to know how to create a disc on which I could put more than one game. I have Dino Crisis and TC's Rainbow Six and, according to their size, they could be burned on one disc. I've managed to create an Image file of that compilation but on both, ePSXe 1.8 and pSX 1.13, when I choose e.g. Dino Crisis from list, it shows "Loading File etc." and screen goes black and that's it. Nothing happen later on. I'm using Menu program created by Paradox. Please help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not going to happen

Dino Crisis as with most PSX capcom games have heavy LBA protection so even modding the game files will most the time result in a messed up disc (didn't stop me modding Resident Evil at the time though saying that it was a complete nightmare to do and was almost given up on several times)

Also if you are not setting the disc up correctly any game with STR files and or XA files will also be messed up (on a side note that is why I advise not to use Magic ISO or any of it's clones to convert PSX disc images as it messes xa and str header info up and makes the disc image into a coaster image)

STR and AX files use special headers that are not directly attached to the files but are created when the disc image is created, you can do that with official Sony Playstion disc creation tools, not the PS2 versions either, it must be for the PSX only and you need to manually check what files use XA headers thats both STR files and XA files and container files that have XA sound and STR movies inside them... P.S. that software does not work with Vista or higher and not even sure where you could find it now, but the software was made for Windows 95.

3rd Party PSX CD tools also just tend not to work for games with XA headers, that is most games as it happens, plus lots of those home brew multi game discs out there are ripped games as in they are missing parts be it CDDA or FMV
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-June-2013 at 20:43.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well, that sucks. Really. I was hoping that if multiple apps on one disc can run then also games will. Okay then I think I need to buy just one more disc and burn both games separately.

Maybe You could help me with TC's Rainbow Six that I've downloaded from EP and burned with Alcohol 120%. It doesn't work on my PS1 (Slim) when I do swap trick. During 1st phase, when backup is inside the console, the motor is running crazy, slows down and stuff. Is This game is somehow protected that It can't be booted by swap trick? I've tried ImportPlayer v2 and the game doesn't work either (with anti-mod and anti-ar on).

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Rainbow 6 has no anti mod chip protection or AR protection, but if the game has CDDA tracks not all CDDA track games work with a swap trick

Alcohol is not the best burning software for PSX games, Imgburn tends to work perfect no mater what the disc image format is, no silly settings need changing and it's free, but I guess Alcohol isn't all bad it does work at the end of the day

It may be that there is an issue with the disc image to start with you can check it with the info at www.redump.org but the game does have CDDA that makes it hard to check

You can also run it through CD-Mage have it check for errors if it finds any you can also try to repair it Guide

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well, that's bad. Thanks Zorlon, It seems like I will have to install modchip eventually

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I got my little PSone chipped on the same it was released

Not used it much recently but it is nice that it can just boot the games without a swap trick

I'm glad i got it modded when I did, places that do that now a very hard to find now though, well they are in my local area but online I'm sure I would find a few

None of my other consoles have a mod chip though

Home consoles

360 retail only
    PS3 retail only
    Wii soft mod
    Xbox (original) uses a soft mod (stored on internal HDD)
    PS2 Slim mid range uses a soft mod (stored on Memcard)
    GameCube used a soft mod (stored on Memcard)
    PSone mod chip
    PSX gray back port mod (just a swap trick mod made very easy)
    Dreamcast (Needs no modding at all, plays CD-R's out of the box and is still one of my fav consoles)
    Saturn swap tricked (mine is aided by both being a model 1 with access light and the 4 in 1 Action Replay, those do not let you do the swap trick though it just makes it easier)

Handheld consoles

PSVita retail only
    PSP soft mod
    3DS/3DS XL flash kit for DS only (GBA emulated on my kit)
    DS Lite flash kit for DS and GBA or Rumble
    GBA... wish I still had the GBA flash kit but I don't now

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I can install it by myself, I already bought a modchip but I don't wires to connect it to the board and I don't have such small soldering tool, that's the only problems I have. And also I think I will buy new motor with new laser and install to into the PS1, It will be like new
    Last edited by michal13225; 8th-June-2013 at 18:05.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Old Network cables provide very good wires

I could do with a good soldering iron myself :/ not so much for mod chips but for doing myself an internal VGA mod and SD mod for my dreamcast also want to add a switch to my PS2 to turn the drive on and off while the lid is flipped open, I done a basic switch mod on my saturn just to enable 60Hz on my 50Hz console for imports to work correctly, otherwise some just crash some don't even fully boot or there is just sync issues, the switch fixed those issues, the PAL dreamcast supports both anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Old Network cables provide very good wires

I could do with a good soldering iron myself :/
    Those are good tips Zorlon, sorry to burst into the thread.

This is the iron I use http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062730 and I just file the tips down for my mods

Not sure if you use RadioShack products but this might also be good http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062728

I still have a bulk load of ethernet cable that is CCA about 700 or so feet with eight wires, so over a mile of 24awg wire but I wouldn't use that much of network cable maybe 10ft.

To the OP good luck on the modchip install and Zorlon hopefully you find some good deals,
    HaloSlayer255