Thread: NHL 2k7 on pcsx2 - only black screen

Thanks

Default NHL 2k7 on pcsx2 - only black screen

Hi,
    Hope I can get some help for the problem I'm having. I grabbed the NHL 2k7 ISO from emuparadise and dumped my ps2 bios into pcsx2 0.9.6 (on 2012 Macbook Air, OSX 10.8.3).

When I run the ISO, I'm only getting a black screen. pcsx2 seems to be working totally fine otherwise.. the command lines in terminal make sense, and the game is apparently running at about 59.7 fps.

I should also mention that when I run just the bios, I can see and interact with the regular PS2 home screen just fine (the one with 'Browser' and 'System Configuration' on it).

I've got 2 plug-ins for pcsx2 running.. ZZOgl-PG and Onepad. Haven't changed or adjusted any other settings.

Can't find any other ISO's of NHL 2k7 to try and as far as I know pcsx2 is the only ps2 emulator for mac.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by whoisit; 1st-May-2013 at 01:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

As far as I know, the Mac alpha of PCSX2 only works on 10.7 (Lion). You may want to try the latest version (0.9.7, July 2012) but OS compatibility aside, it is called "Alpha" for a reason.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The game is not listed as playable anyway but it is listed as shows in-game so it should show something even if it is not at a playable state

NHL 2K6 and up are not playable

You could try an alt version of the emu, there are various builds for the mac at http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/mac.html

PCSX2 Mac 0.9.7 Alpha - Version:2 July 2012 might be worth a shot but it does say it only works with Lion!. that's OSX 10.7 I think, but I would assume that is Lion and up over rather than just on Lion.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You could try an alt version of the emu, there are various builds for the mac at http://pcsx2.net/download/releases/mac.html

PCSX2 Mac 0.9.7 Alpha - Version:2 July 2012 might be worth a shot but it does say it only works with Lion!. that's OSX 10.7 I think, but I would assume that is Lion and up over rather than just on Lion.
    For some reason, this seems so familiar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    As far as I know, the Mac alpha of PCSX2 only works on 10.7 (Lion). You may want to try the latest version (0.9.7, July 2012) but OS compatibility aside, it is called "Alpha" for a reason.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I started posting long before you

I was still editing while you posted plus I gave more info that I was digging up before I hit post...

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions. Since posting this I tried out a couple other ISOs and they worked fine (although the FPS was really weak for actual gameplay) so I don't think it's the build. Probably like you said, 2k7 just isn't playable, so I'll just accept that.

If anyone gets any other ideas, though, I'm all ears/eyes

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah buy a PS2 and mod it or buy SwapMagic and either use SwapMagic as it is or use it to softmod the PS2 so you don't need a boot disc

PS2 emulation is far from perfect

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]