Thread: Codebreaker 9.3 Crash, 9.2 Errors

Thanks

Default Codebreaker 9.3 Crash, 9.2 Errors

Codebreaker 9.3 is freezing whenever I press Start after making a change to any code or game, or after trying to add a code or game. I used to be able to add new codes, but now I can't. Does anyone know how to fix this?

When it was working, I was able to use the added codes in game successively on multiple occasions. Afterwards, I backed up the Codebreaker PS2 save file with the codes I added (which were entered manually in CB from the PS2). But now that I've restored the save file to my PS2 memory card, the added codes don't show up in CB anymore.

I've since learned that Codebreaker 9.2 allows for day 1 cbc files to be added using cbcMaker PS2 XP 2007, so I've decided it would be a much better idea to go with that instead. But I can't get very far. After CB says "SETTING UP CHEATS, PLEASE WAIT....", I get a seemingly never-ending stream of errors that look like this (the numbers vary with each message):
    OUT OF MEMORY (00F00010) size 12 (from 7)

Backup/Restore Method
    I backed up the CB 9.3 save file by using uLaunchELF to copy the PCB folder from my PS2 memory card to my flashdrive, and from my flashdrive to my PC. For restoring the saves, it's the same process in reverse. I copied the PCB folder from my PC to my flashdrive, and from there onto my PS2 memory card.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Delete the PCB folder for the other version of Codebreaker to work the errors are endless because the PCB folder has setup data and codes from the wrong version of Codebreaker
    Double check the from the systems memcard manager and make sure there is no Codebreaker save file there either

You have corrupted the codebreaker database by the sounds of it though anyway but if you give my a copy of that I may be able to fix that for you using the tools from http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?72999 and my personal know how for the correct layout used.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I already tried deleting the Codebreaker save/PCB folder and that didn't work. But after a series of trouble shooting tests that involved removing files on various devices to pinpoint the problem file, I finally figured it out. Thanks for the help, because what you said pointed me in the right direction.

Using uLaunchELF's PS2 HDD Manager, I noticed a very suspiciuos looking partition on my HD

PP.SLUS-20202.1108.PCB
    PFS SIZE: 512 MB
    PFS USE 7 MB
    PFS FREE: 505 MB
    90% FREE

The "PCB" is what caught my eye. And am I reading this right? A 512 MB partition for storing only 7 MB of data? What a waste! Anyway, a quick search online revealed that this is a Codebreaker partition and that it can be deleted. So that's exactly what I did, and now Codebreaker 9.2 and 9.3 work just like they should (custom cbc files are also working with 9.2), and I was able to use that CB 9.3 save I had with all the added codes. Awesome! Thanks anyway for your generous offer to fix the save file.

The only issue now is that the Codebreaker partition keeps getting created on my hard drive. I have to go into the HD Manager and delete it every time I use Codebreaker. Is there a way around this?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I don't know about that as I don't use a HDD with my PS2

I know you would of got those errors anyway from the memcard save data when switching versions of Codebreaker

Maybe the issue is that it uses both the memcard and the HDD and if there is a miss-compare you will get errors that way

Sticking with a single version will help and using cbc files instead of manually editing is a very good idea so the database is updated both on memcard and HDD to avoid issues

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Got it. Thanks!