Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ePSXe1.8.0 Configuration

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default ePSXe1.8.0 Configuration

Is there any kind of universal configuration for the ePSXe 1.8.0 so that it will play most all games without have to reconfigure? I just tried to play Wild Arms NTSC-U but I keep getting a black screen and nothing happens but I'm pretty sure its cuz of the configuration.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you can use opengl2 you can try with the default opengl2 config in the epsxe guide of my page and you can use for almost all of the games anyway you can try press f7 and use the software plugin is the most basic and run in all the computers

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Direct3D to OpenGL2 there is no perfect setup that will work with all games as some require special fixes while others need to bypass copy protection via extra files (ppf or subchannel files)

Software is more compatible but even with software there are some fixes that will be needed for some games, copy protection still needs to be bypassed there are also some games that will work best with software still (F7 as stated above is the quick switch during play)

Another option is, there is a front end for ePSXe that can save individual game settings so you can have your general set up that works with most games and seperate settings for the few that require special fixes or other basic setups
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-April-2013 at 19:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    If you can use opengl2 you can try with the default opengl2 config in the epsxe guide of my page and you can use for almost all of the games anyway you can try press f7 and use the software plugin is the most basic and run in all the computers
    ok so far I set up the epsxe as you had it in Wild arms to play wild arms but there where some difference and I'm not sure if it would effect it or not.

1) It says emulator 170 but I'm using 180.

2) I got the same video plugin as it says but I also went into config pressed "Nice" at the bottom right, now if it matters and I need to config it a different way please tell me. I also did the same thing with "config soft video plugin" by saving it as "Nice".

3) With the Audio the closes thing I had to what it says is "ePSXe SPU Core 180".

4) When it comes to Cdrom I choose between "epsxe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0." OR "epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0." though I choose the first one for I have read that is what's needed for windows (which I'm using windows 7).

5) After all that was set I Ran ISO and picked the CCD file Wild arms NTSC-U and all I keep getting is a black screen WITH a gray box at the top right corner and it says Standard with a number 1 and also shows a PS1 Controller, but nothing happens beyond this.

Any idea's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Direct3D to OpenGL2 there is no perfect setup that will work with all games as some require special fixes while others need to bypass copy protection via extra files (ppf or subchannel files)

Software is more compatible but even with software there are some fixes that will be needed for some games, copy protection still needs to be bypassed there are also some games that will work best with software still (F7 as stated above is the quick switch during play)

Another option is, there is a front end for ePSXe that can save individual game settings so you can have your general set up that works with most games and seperate settings for the few that require special fixes or other basic setups
    I remember the same thing happened back years ago (from what I said with gladiator on number 5) when I was trying to play FFVIII but if I remember correctly all I did was mess around with the config and I got it working, problem is I can't remember what I set up to get it working. Also yes I tried F7 but then it was just a black screen and nothing happened.
    Last edited by TheeWARIO; 27th-April-2013 at 20:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. 1.7.0 is just an older version 1.8.0 isn't that different but has a few bugs and issues fixed from 1.7.0, so using 1.8.0 is fine
    2. meh, kinda pointless info
    3. eh? but again I don't need this anyway
    4. Don't use epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0. with Vista or above ASPI is a XP driver and under [ASPI is realy a 98 and under driver but you can get versions for 2K and XP] (there are other drivers you can use as well I usually use P.E.Op's CDR driver)
    5. Where did you get the game from??? if from another site, link me that via PM if from here just give me a link here, I will look at the CD image myself and see if the issue can be solved.

P.S. make sure the img is named the same as the ccd file (cue files don't matter so much for the file name as long as the file name inside the cue sheet is correct, you can just open those with notepad to check, ccd files you can't)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 27th-April-2013 at 20:39.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries

1. 1.7.0 is just an older version 1.8.0 isn't that different but has a few bugs and issues fixed from 1.7.0, so using 1.8.0 is fine
    2. meh, kinda pointless info
    3. eh? but again I don't need this anyway
    4. Don't use epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.7.0. with Vista or above ASPI is a XP driver and under [ASPI is realy a 98 and under driver but you can get versions for 2K and XP] (there are other drivers you can use as well I usually use P.E.Op's CDR driver)
    5. Where did you get the game from??? if from another site, link me that via PM if from here just give me a link here, I will look at the CD image myself and see if the issue can be solved.

P.S. make sure the img is named the same as the ccd file (cue files don't matter so much for the file name as long as the file name inside the cue sheet is correct, you can just open those with notepad to check, ccd files you can't)
    I get all the old games (PS2 and older) from this site, here is the link to what i got............http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...TSC-U%5D/37809.............

I haven't been using ASPI I been using the other one I mentioned.
    I tried P.E.Op's CDR driver but same thing black screen with the gray box.
    I wasn't sure what info you really needed so I just told you all exactly the way I set it up lol

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't worry about it for now, if I need more info later I will just ask then

I am downloading this now but left it a bit late to do any testing now so will do that in the morning

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Don't worry about it for now, if I need more info later I will just ask then

I am downloading this now but left it a bit late to do any testing now so will do that in the morning
    no problem I got time and thanks.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

the game worked right away

the only way I could reproduce what you got is if the img file was not there, did you run the Wild Arms [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94608].img.ecm file through unecm
    that will give you the Wild Arms [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94608].img file?

renaming the files would have the same effect as the file not being there

ECM + APE guide APE is sometimes used for games with CDDA this game does not have CDDA so you don't need to read the bits about APE

I also checked out the file itself to make sure it wasn't corrupt in any way but the crc checks with the information help at redump.org http://redump.org/disc/170/
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-April-2013 at 14:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi TheeWario,

Sorry for the kinda late reply, unfortunately I don't have my laptop on at the moment but I will edit my post to show my config I use.

Also anyone else that wants to try a new frontend for ePSXe this is what I used and so far no problems. Link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?cy810fyip1vb5pq --- Note if you sort games alphabetically they must be added in that order because as far as I can tell there is not option to sort by alphabetically/date created/etc.

HaloSlayer255

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the game worked right away

the only way I could reproduce what you got is if the img file was not there, did you run the Wild Arms [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94608].img.ecm file through unecm
    that will give you the Wild Arms [NTSC-U] [SCUS-94608].img file?

renaming the files would have the same effect as the file not being there

ECM + APE guide APE is sometimes used for games with CDDA this game does not have CDDA so you don't need to read the bits about APE

I also checked out the file itself to make sure it wasn't corrupt in any way but the crc checks with the information help at redump.org http://redump.org/disc/170/
    This is the first time I have heard of unecm and I'm changing it now (cuz I already had a ecm&unecm with me lol for I got PakkISO) I'll reply if that worked as soon as its done.

ALRIGHTY then that was the problem it is working like a charm now like i said this was the first time I had heard about this ecm&unecm stuff. I don't recall ever using it years ago when I played FFVIII but things change and I wasn't following along to know about it so Thanks a bunch man that really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by HaloSlayer255 View Post
    Hi TheeWario,

Sorry for the kinda late reply, unfortunately I don't have my laptop on at the moment but I will edit my post to show my config I use.

Also anyone else that wants to try a new frontend for ePSXe this is what I used and so far no problems. Link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?cy810fyip1vb5pq --- Note if you sort games alphabetically they must be added in that order because as far as I can tell there is not option to sort by alphabetically/date created/etc.

HaloSlayer255
    Late reply, post, config??? no offense but I don't quite understand who you are. Is this gladiator?? (I say this cuz that was your first post you don't have any before that, unless you mean to come back and edit this one then I understand what you mean)
    Last edited by TheeWARIO; 28th-April-2013 at 21:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

Why would that be gladiator, and whats not to understand from that post?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???? Also you drop the ecm file ONTO Unecm.exe, because I know your going to ask this later and don't deny it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WorkNoFun View Post
    Why would that be gladiator, and whats not to understand from that post?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???? Also you drop the ecm file ONTO Unecm.exe, because I know your going to ask this later and don't deny it.
    if you are strictly talking about HaloSlayer255 and why I said """Late reply, post, config????"""" you would know why if you had looked through each post, because that was the first time HaloSlayer255 even put a post on this forum. So when I said """Late reply, post, config????"""" it is be because there was no past post to begin with to see where he is coming from.
    sorry but as the saying goes "your a day late and a dollar short" already know about ecm&unecm and I already correct my statement above.
    already got what I needed and I'm done this problem is "Solved" see yea

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...dollar%20short
    Last edited by TheeWARIO; 28th-April-2013 at 21:50.

Thanks
    EP Points

I said don't deny it. And why am I a dollar short??????? I don't quite understand.
    Last edited by WorkNoFun; 28th-April-2013 at 21:24. Reason: needed more question marks

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not everyone needs spoon fed

WorkNoFun please try not to spam so much in help threads

TheeWARIO I'm happy you got that working
    Last edited by Zorlon; 28th-April-2013 at 22:18.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]