Thread: Upgrade old psp CFW and remotejoy help.

Thanks

Default Upgrade old psp CFW and remotejoy help.

I found my old psp1000 and i was trying to figured out what cfw to up to im at 5.50gen-D as it stands, also i like the sound of playing my games on my laptop screen and remotejoy seems to fit the bill, where would i find the current verison?

thanks
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't upgrade it there is a Prom patch though that is worth using to make the system future proof, i.e. firmware 6.XX software will work on it as well, there are disadvantages to going to 6.XX though as far as homebrew goes and going to the latest makes it so in not a perm hack or at least for the newer models of the PSP never wanted or needed to go to the latest on my PSP200X mine is a 2002 model it's just white though with firmware 5.50 Prome-4 upgraded or pathed on to Gen-D don't remember exactly what revision but 3 sounds about right

remote joy will work with custom firmware 5.XX

Edit:- I can't find a good link for Prome 4 but just google it there are plenty of vids but I was looking for a dev home page though, then again it is old stuff so maybe there is no official page for it now

I'm going to test v.19 of remotejoy, I couldn't find an official site for that either... yet

EDIT:- Tested it does the same as what it has always done for some games it just turns the PSP off some games will work with this plugin (that is not a firmware issue though)

EDIT:- Moved to Everything Console, unless your emulating the PSP on your PC connecting to a PC, but that would just be silly

EDIT:- Forgot to add I used the USB drivers that come with PSPdisp for this otherwise you need to sign the drivers yourself for them to install correctly. as it happens you do have the option of just installing the drivers

PSPdisp does have a homepage http://www.jjs.at/software/pspdisp.html
    Last edited by Zorlon; 14th-April-2013 at 22:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

So am i looking for 5.50 Prometheus-3 v4 or 5.50 Prometheus-4?
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Upgrade your 5.50-Gen-D to 5.50-Gen-D3
    then apply the Prometheus-4 patch for 5.50-Gen-D3

Prometheus is out for more than 1 firmware there are a few 5.XX firmwares out there not just the Gen range and well known M33 range

Files to find (google should do for those)

"5.50gen-d3" should find you the firmware upgrade
    "5.50gen-d3 Prometheus 4" should find you the Prometheus 4 upgrade for 5.50gen-d3
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-April-2013 at 00:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Your always so dam helpful, thanks bro.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    remote joy will work with custom firmware 5.XX

EDIT:- Tested it does the same as what it has always done for some games it just turns the PSP off some games will work with this plugin (that is not a firmware issue though)
    For some games its possible to play them but they'll just crash at certain points like cut scenes, when you save a game, or when you first start a game. One you can try changing different settings in remotejoy by right-clicking on the screen and going to the "PSP" tab and where it says "transfer type' changing it from TYPE 1 to TYPE 0 or maybe even 2 or 3.
    Also checking the Vblank Forced Transfer box can help too.

If it still crashes at certain parts there is another way I figured out to get around it. There is a shortcut key on the keyboard that will disable remotejoylites display when pressed (F3 I beleive). When you start up a game simply disable the display by pressing F3 and then start or load your game up. Then when in actual game play hit F3 again to re-activate the display. If it still crashes then try changing the settings I mentioned before. I always play with a gamepad so I would just use Xpadder to map the F3 button to it for fast use.

It's all just a big process of elimination. I've been using this program for years. Some games only crash on cut scenes other only when savings. When that's the case just hit F3 to disable the display during those moments and re-activate it when it's done playing the vid or saving.

Another option is to try RemoteJoyLite 20a. Not as polished as v.19 but some games do work with 20a that do not work with v19. Like God of War Ghost Of Sparta for instance.

Anyways hope this babble helps. Cheers
    Last edited by _Gambit; 15th-April-2013 at 02:38.

Thanks

thought, you ever think about just hosting these old patches onsite?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would I just don't keep up with everything that's all, there are a lot of older/hard to find console and emulation files I have uploaded here myself , mostly attachments.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]