Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada Resigns

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada Resigns

Square Enix President and CEO Yoichi Wada is resigning, according to a recent statement from the company.

This follows the publisher's release of consolidated results forecast which revealed its expectations of an "extraordinary loss" in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013. Square Enix announced today its plans to begin major restructuring throughout, which is expected to result in a loss of roughly 10 billion yen (or just over $105 million) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.
    Full article: http://www.polygon.com/2013/3/26/414...i-wada-resigns

inb4 people hate on the newer Final Fantasy games.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Nothing of this would have happened if they had already released The Remake.

Yeah, you know which one

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

Yeah, you know which one
    FINAL FANTASY 4

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think it's probably a good thing that he's stepping down and we're getting some new blood in the throne room. Realistically, nothing will probably change, but I doubt it can get much worse than it's current state.

What baffles me is how Tomb Raider sold 3.4 million copies (not including downloads) in a 2 week period, and it's considered a failure.... I'd say someone is doing something wrong.

Thanks
    EP Points

They could have made a truck load of money releasing Dragon Quest X (Wii) in the West.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fail management, Fail management everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    getting some new blood
    I don't think the new guy would exactly be new blood.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

We'll see what kind of effect this move has. As it stands though, I'm just awaiting a few things from Square, but my expectations for Final Fantasy these days are low. Yes yes, whine at me over 'hating on the newer Final Fantasies', complain at me over apparently being an 'FF VII fanboy', but IN MY PERSONAL OPINION I've been unfond of the latest instalments, so I'll await the remake to FFX, hope for the fabled remake of VII (although realistically it'll probably never happen) and hold out for Kingdom Hearts III.

And who knows, XV might be astonishingly good. I just know the trailer failed to entice me in any way whatsoever, only looking like a Final Fantasy in the last 5 seconds or so, the remainder looking like it could've been pulled from CoD. I'll keep my distance until I know more.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Aid Man View Post
    They could have made a truck load of money releasing Dragon Quest X (Wii) in the West.
    I think that is related to Enix more-so than the Square side of the business relationship. Don't quote me on that, but even though they are one company, they still seem to be very individual when it comes to their releases. Besides, I doubt DQ10 would really make a splash since it isn't doing nearly as well as it should in Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by gezegond View Post
    I don't think the new guy would exactly be new blood.
    Yeah, I didn't mean new blood as in new guy off the street, I just meant someone with hopefully "fresh" ideas taking over the position. I'll temper my hopes since I'm sure nothing truly great will come of this, and I'll just patiently wait for FFX HD.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    We'll see what kind of effect this move has. As it stands though, I'm just awaiting a few things from Square, but my expectations for Final Fantasy these days are low. Yes yes, whine at me over 'hating on the newer Final Fantasies', complain at me over apparently being an 'FF VII fanboy', but IN MY PERSONAL OPINION I've been unfond of the latest instalments, so I'll await the remake to FFX, hope for the fabled remake of VII (although realistically it'll probably never happen) and hold out for Kingdom Hearts III.

And who knows, XV might be astonishingly good. I just know the trailer failed to entice me in any way whatsoever, only looking like a Final Fantasy in the last 5 seconds or so, the remainder looking like it could've been pulled from CoD. I'll keep my distance until I know more.
    if the next ff looks like cod fish then i wouldnt touch it with a 100 foot pole!

and i wonder what this brings for se. i cant really say they are a good company anymore when the last game i bought from them was star ocean international.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    if the next ff looks like cod fish then i wouldnt touch it with a 100 foot pole!
    Is this the video you guys are referring to?

I'm pretty sure this isn't considered FF15 anymore - at the PS4 reveal they showed this same demo again, and just stated that it was the Luminous (sp) engine and that this is what would be possible with it. I know originally this was marketed as FF15, or some such successor, but I would almost bet after all the backlash they received for this game looking like CoD, it might be going in a totally different direction, or might have been scrapped altogether.

Either way, if this is the next iteration of FF, I'm definitely out - I'm still angry with 13 and it's nonsensical sequel(s), and I sure don't need AK-47s in the next FF.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FlavaFlave View Post
    Is this the video you guys are referring to?

I'm pretty sure this isn't considered FF15 anymore - at the PS4 reveal they showed this same demo again, and just stated that it was the Luminous (sp) engine and that this is what would be possible with it. I know originally this was marketed as FF15, or some such successor, but I would almost bet after all the backlash they received for this game looking like CoD, it might be going in a totally different direction, or might have been scrapped altogether.

Either way, if this is the next iteration of FF, I'm definitely out - I'm still angry with 13 and it's nonsensical sequel(s), and I sure don't need AK-47s in the next FF.
    Yes, that's the vid I'm referring to. As I said - half of it could've been pulled straight from CoD. It looks boring, greyish brown, uninteresting, and flashy. Pass. Most definitely pass. I hope you're correct in that this isn't FFXV anymore, but just a 'look how showy we can get' trailer. As if they needed it. Final Fantasy XIII had many faults, but its graphics weren't one of them. Sadly, that's its only good point, so shame about that, but you get my point.

If it turns out FF15 is going to be a barrel of fun, laughs, and good design, I'll pick it up. But like hell am I going for a day 1 purchase.

Thanks
    EP Points

I must be living under a rock, because this was the first time I saw that Agni video. But yeah it looks like shit. Maybe I'm just in a grumpy mood or something, but it's like it was a symbol of everything that's wrong with (certain) games today. And stop with the bloody shaky cam.

I know this has been posted before but I'd gladly spam this video every day, it's that good. This is how you show off a JRPG, Square take notes:

/jizzinpants

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post

Yeah, you know which one
    Don't like to presume but I want to say you mean FFVII, either way that's the only way Square will earn my un-dying loyalty, and of course only if they do it well. No pretention. All I really want is better character models, and better battle and magic animations, No need for animated backgrounds, or a bunch of new story twists, and all that sort of shit etc...
    Try to appreciate those who live during your own life time, because we'll all be dead soon enough.

Thanks
    EP Points

If there's ever an FFVII remake...

No Cloud crossdressing = no buy.

I just wanted to make that absolutely clear.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Yes, that's the vid I'm referring to. As I said - half of it could've been pulled straight from CoD. It looks boring, greyish brown, uninteresting, and flashy. Pass. Most definitely pass. I hope you're correct in that this isn't FFXV anymore, but just a 'look how showy we can get' trailer. As if they needed it. Final Fantasy XIII had many faults, but its graphics weren't one of them. Sadly, that's its only good point, so shame about that, but you get my point.

If it turns out FF15 is going to be a barrel of fun, laughs, and good design, I'll pick it up. But like hell am I going for a day 1 purchase.
    I actually enjoyed FF13 to the extent that its potential was really good, but it didn't fulfill its potential and thats the problem.

-Shitty characters
    -VERY LINEAR plot
    -Very fast paced storyline
    -Confusing storyline
    -Simple Combat System

This is what I found to be wrong with the game. I'm only like halfway through it but right now I don't think its TERRIBLE like everyone is saying. Its not like the game is broken. Sure the fights are too simple and boring to be considered final fantasy style but its not all that bad. FF13 Lightning Returns, I feel like, will be very successful.

Rewardsgaming.net