Thread: Setting up Mupen64plus 1.99.5 plugins

Thanks

Default Setting up Mupen64plus 1.99.5 plugins

How do I select plugins for Mupen64plus (1.99.5) in Windows 8? Mupen64plus is a command line interface only, so I downloaded a Windows frontend for Mupen64 called WxMupen64plus.The issue is that I can't set plugins directory, because even after browsing and selecting the "PluginsDir" folder with all my favourite plugins, they don't show in the dropdown menus below (graphics, audio, input etc).How do I select plugins in Mupen64plus?Thanks in advance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

try http://sourceforge.net/projects/cutemupen/files/
    or http://m64py.sourceforge.net/

either that or simply use the command line options

it's not that hard really you can make bat files to run certain games aswell

to run cmd, hit the windows key and in the text box type cmd and hit enter (EDIT actually not sure if you can in win8, cmd will exist but not sure where in win8)

in the cmd box type the drive letter you are working from and a : then hit enter to change drives, e.g. if it was drive x then type X: then enter
    next you want to change the folder to your work folder so lets say your working forlder is X:\emulators\N64 if so then type CD emulators\N64 and hit enter
    Now you can start your command line options

to make a batch file just open up notepad type in your command there then save as *.* and name the thing with a .bat at the end

no paths are needed with a batch file just save that in the same folder as the emulator

P.S. what's wrong with PJ64??
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2013 at 11:05.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for the detailed info.I tried M64py but it doesn't let me choose plugins, such as Glide64 final graphics and Azimers HLE audio plugin, respectively (it seems the plugins have not been ported yet or sth like that).Project64 doesn't run Resident Evil 2 decently yet, even the leaked 1.7.0.50 b23 (probably fake?) release availabe on emuCR website.

EDIT:Nevermind, just found out the latest glide64 final plugin and some other plugins don't work with mupen64plus, it's a pity.Anyway, thank you again for the help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

resident evil 2 is fine for the PSX version via ePSXe or there is the Dreamcast version also

GameCube version if you have the machine to emulate GameCube

Personally I like the GC or DC versions best, extra extra's or something like that, like game modes ect (not just a few docs that the N64 version has either )
    Last edited by Zorlon; 17th-March-2013 at 13:14.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR