Thread: Recomended Mod for Me

Thanks

Default Recomended Mod for Me

I have a ps2 SCPH-90004 CB. I prefer this type of mod http://www.instructables.com/id/Mod-...EE!-NO-CHIPS!/ . Would discs written in alcohol ps2 format or burned in img burn run in it,
    given that the backup is good?. please suggest some mods with links for me. Thanks.

Regard's
    Ancel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

From what i hear SCPH-9000X series doesnt support FCMB (FreeMCboot). I would have to say the best solution of that model is a modchip. I believe you could also use Swap Magic (Some say it works and some say it doesnt) but im not sure on it.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would try FMCB still they updated a few things and removed the notice about system compat

I don't have the latest PS2 model so I can't confirm it not work or working, but it's not going to do any hard in trying it out as it just sits on the memcard, and booting without that memcard in = it not modded booting with it in = modded

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I checked a little, it seems fmcb is really not available for my ps2 version. Thanks for advice guys, any idea what modchip I may use to make my ps2 run normal dvds written in the computer's drive in a normal manner?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There was old information about FMCB not working on the SCPH-9000X but they removed that note with an update

So what you read/seen may of just been outdated information

As I said no harm in trying, you can't mess the system up with that mod

Mod chips I really wouldn't know myself, not now after the system has been dead for some time

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 1,145 Times in 166 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by AncelDemonia View Post
    I checked a little, it seems fmcb is really not available for my ps2 version. Thanks for advice guys, any idea what modchip I may use to make my ps2 run normal dvds written in the computer's drive in a normal manner?
    I would go with a Modbo 4.0 v1.93. Its a matrix infinity clone but its the best chip as you can get as Matrix and DMS has discontinued manufacturing Their chips. There is v1.99/2.0 chips but they have trouble running on a scph-9000x series. v1.93 is the last offical firmware update from matrix and is stable with a scph-9000x series. So overall go with a modbo 4.0 v1.93 you wont be disappointed .

Also an advantage that chips have over FMCB/ESR is you dont have to worry about patching, compatibility, Flipping through menus. All you have to do is burn and play. A modbo 4.0 can also force games into NTSC/PAL Video format and has good DVD-9 support so if you want to lets say play a pal game in a ntsc region all you is goto the Matrix infinity menu and set it to force ntsc and vice versa.
    Last edited by xEx0diUsx; 22nd-February-2013 at 18:04.

I notice my uploads are taken down, i am the the process of reuploading
    If you like any of my uploads, be sure to hit the "Thanks" button
    Every month i try to add new games. For my list of uploads, check out here
    Need your console modded?, check out my store here

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If ESR is setup correctly there are no menu's just insert and it auto boots as if it's an original (asides from the ESR loading screen that is a give away)

Yeah you need to patch the games

DVD9 games depends on your drive most PS2 systems find it hard to read DVD9-R/+R discs, if it doesn't then DVD9-R/+R discs will run fine with a mod chip or ESR

The only advantage is no patching

I wouldn't force display with out of region games if it can be avoided some games will go out of sync and lock up on you this goes for all CD console systems and up over

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]