Thread: action replay problems... again

Thanks
    EP Points

Default action replay problems... again

and yes, its the whole issue of codejunkies and they're failure to get the region labels correct... AGAIN.

could someone please check what the game ID is for the rom shin megami tensei: strange journey (u) you have on this site? i would if i knew how to.

the codejunkies ID for the usa version of the game is listed as BMTE-73CE7171 and given that pretty much none of the codes they provided will work, i'm rather doubtful any will work.

was trying to use this code btw if anyone wants to test it for me (after you go to a different area or something the screen would go black for me), Character Slot 1 (In Battle) - Inf HP:

6222be84 00000000
    1222be88 000003e7
    d2000000 00000000

why is codejunkies SO FREAKING STUPID? they can't properly label for crap.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CodeJunkies is US is NTSC unless stated otherwise or CodeJunkies EU is PAL-E unless stated otherwise

There is possibly more than one version of the game and to be honest I would be looking for codebreaker codes instead http://cheats.codetwink.com (edit looked and no codes for the game you want em for)

As you are emulating though just make your own codes with something like TMK Trainer Maker Kit or one of the other trainer kits mostly made for PC gamers but can be applied to any PC app just about
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2013 at 11:23.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks for telling me about that site. as for why i'm using action replay, its all desmume supports aside from those you make yourself. guess i'll switch back to no$gba for awhile then.

all that aside, is it me or do those nds 1st-person dungeon crawlers have font issues? all 3 etrian games and this game have problems with the text in emulators (can't hardly tell what some letters are, such as t, m, O, etc.)

edit: hmmm... maybe it was just desmume having slight graphics trouble as far as the font goes, the shin megami game looks fine in no$gba
    Last edited by treos; 7th-February-2013 at 14:43.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

EDIT:..........
    the code you have is an out of battle code not an in battle code, that's why it's not working that same code is in my list so use the code for inf HP for the Hero that I just gave you
    END EDIT...........

I only use real hardware so I wouldn't know

I can tell you that flash kits also use cheats though and the code for inf HP for the Hero is

52229514 0222953C
    02229568 000003E7
    D2000000 00000000

For the first Ally it's

52229514 0222953C
    62229518 00000000
    B2229518 00000000
    0000002C 000003E7
    D2000000 00000000

If those work the full list is in the code section of my post

Also if the above works I can give you the flash kit cheat file and an editor to view the cheats with, it also lets you do a copy and paste so you can veiw all the cheats for a single game in notepad or other handy text edittor instead of one cheat at a time as it does in the editing software

I would guess that this in raw format rather then encyted and should work with the action replay (a real one anyway wouldn't know if the emulators will act the same)

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. I had some time to kill so found the above
    Last edited by Zorlon; 7th-February-2013 at 16:00.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

well, you were right, tried your code and sure enough my hero has inf hp in-combat now.

screens not going black or anything so thats good news.

think i'll just copy that list for later

edit: wow, what a long recovery item x99 code. a code that massive would be quite tedious to type in without copy/paste. also, that flash kit cheat file you mentioned, is that just for this game or is it more? depending on what all is in such a file, that could come in handy as far as saving time looking for codes like this.
    Last edited by treos; 8th-February-2013 at 09:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    all that aside, is it me or do those nds 1st-person dungeon crawlers have font issues? all 3 etrian games and this game have problems with the text in emulators (can't hardly tell what some letters are, such as t, m, O, etc.)
    On DeSmuME try change the 3D settings. OpenGL is the faster and most compatible mode, use the softrasterized mode only if you have black screens, missing tiles etc.

The picture came from: Etrian Odyssey 2, OpenGL mode fixed the top-left clock, and "At the Grand" line
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by treos View Post
    well, you were right, tried your code and sure enough my hero has inf hp in-combat now.

screens not going black or anything so thats good news.

think i'll just copy that list for later

edit: wow, what a long recovery item x99 code. a code that massive would be quite tedious to type in without copy/paste. also, that flash kit cheat file you mentioned, is that just for this game or is it more? depending on what all is in such a file, that could come in handy as far as saving time looking for codes like this.
    the flash kit cheat file has tons of games in it, I wouldn't know how many or even like to guess at how many codes

anyway attached has the cheat file along with an editor so you can read the cheats in it
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks zorlon and witchhunter, every time i try switching to opengl like that it makes my display driver crash then restart thus crashing the emulator too.

i'm using a laptop so its that buit-in chipset as far as that goes and i don't even know where to start on updating it, if that would help i mean.

edist: phew, thats a LOT of codes, not about to go through it all at once but its a big enough selection, thats for sure. even has codes for the nds remake of front mission (first game) but given how no codes for that game i've ever found actually worked before, i might or might not test my luck with that game again.
    Last edited by treos; 8th-February-2013 at 19:32.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Your very welcome

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

figured i'd just ask this here since i partly brought it up here to begin with. i just checked the faq for the desmume emulator and it says to update video card drivers if opengl won't work. well, i'm on a laptop as a lot of you probably know already (might be getting a desktop in the near future, yay) and of course it uses one of those built-in chipsets rather than a card which is a annoying aspect of laptops as i've come to know (can't upgrade a chipset as far as i know >.< ) so is there any solution to this?

not entirely sure if its the same issue but its graphics related, in no$gba the menus and whatnot all go to a black screen, not unresponsive, for some reason so theres that too

oh the joys of NDS emulation, huh? (or maybe emulation in general) theres so much do-it-yourself and tinkering to fixing them