Thread: NullDC + Resident Evil Code Veronica

Thanks
    EP Points

Default NullDC + Resident Evil Code Veronica

I am playing Code Veronica (NTSC-U) in NullDC and everything has gone smoothly until now.

I keep getting this RDT version error while trying to move the submarine while on Rockfort Island. It's only happened here (so far). Any ideas on how to go about perhaps fixing this? I'm thinking I need a new copy of it. The version of the game that I have is one from this site, if that helps anything also.
    The version of nullDC that I'm using is 1.0.4.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Try the ReviveDC release of this game, I'm pretty sure the version on the main site has issues (with disc 2 at least iirc).

Another thread about CV nullDC issues:
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...eronica-Disk-2

Spoiler warning:

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlegion For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

That was it. Thanks dude, I appreciate your help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you happen to know who's rip was crashing

I'm not asking where you go it from, just what scene group done the rip you had

If you don't know that's ok

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post

I suspect it's from the main site.
    People have had problems with that (NTSC-U) and I'm wondering if it should be removed and replaced with the ReviveDC version (because nobody has complained about that and it seems to resolve any issues)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I suspect it's from the main site.
    People have had problems with that (NTSC-U) and I'm wondering if it should be removed and replaced with the ReviveDC version (because nobody has complained about that and it seems to resolve any issues)
    I never had problems with the first disc on the mainsite just the 2nd of which of course has been a problem multiple times from multiple users, and this I tested on 2 versions of nulldc and chankast. Is it simply possible that in the 2nd discs case (and possibly the first now) that with server moves and other things that the files have simply degraded? I still (now) have a fully working copy on my end assuming it's not some rare emulation issue based on peoples hardware that I can upload, as for the scene release I have no idea who ripped it. If anyone could get in contact with Gypsy and or Shard they may be willing to rip a new one for the site maybe?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I never had problems with the first disc on the mainsite just the 2nd of which of course has been a problem multiple times from multiple users, and this I tested on 2 versions of nulldc and chankast. Is it simply possible that in the 2nd discs case (and possibly the first now) that with server moves and other things that the files have simply degraded? I still (now) have a fully working copy on my end assuming it's not some rare emulation issue based on peoples hardware that I can upload, as for the scene release I have no idea who ripped it. If anyone could get in contact with Gypsy and or Shard they may be willing to rip a new one for the site maybe?
    Like I said there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the ReviveDC release dude, and it's a pretty recent rip (more recent than any other group afaik).
    I don't think Gypsy and Shard do CDI rips, they just dump GDI's.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

It was the NTSC-U version from the Dreamcast section on the main site. That error is still throwing me for a loop though, as I can't find anything about it anywhere else.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by John02 View Post
    It was the NTSC-U version from the Dreamcast section on the main site. That error is still throwing me for a loop though, as I can't find anything about it anywhere else.
    I can't find anything about that error you mentioned either.
    I can only suggest you try a different revision of nullDC v1.0.4, or maybe (and you probably won't like this idea) try starting a fresh game with the RDC version.
    No idea about that error at all, I've even looked at error reports for that emu and can't find anything.

Spoiler warning:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thats ok was just worth asking, I'm working on a compat list that is all

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

You can also try another version of the emulator, you can copy your save over and then back. I had to do this at one point later on in the game but may work for you also. I used Nulldc 1.0.0 beta 1.6 to do this. It's worth a shot

Beta 1.6

(scroll down near bottom)

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you upload your VMU I will take a look at it for you P.S. are you still on CD 1 or are you onto CD 2

vmu_data_port01.bin is what I'm after or whatever VMU you are using

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

If you upload your VMU I will take a look at it for you P.S. are you still on CD 1 or are you onto CD 2

vmu_data_port01.bin is what I'm after or whatever VMU you are using

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. VMU data is there, all you have to do is go back to the submarine area from the save room in the palace. Also, I had pretty much just started disc 1, where you have to use the steering wheel to access the submarine. When the lever in the submarine would be moved, that error would pop up and pressing start would take me back to the submarine, leaving me no choice but to quit.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 9th-February-2013 at 01:42. Reason: coded link

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

https://mega.co.nz/#!OIUWUIzK!CBmbM2...JlX1C2PFjv-S2g

VMU data is there, all you have to do is go back to the submarine area from the save room in the palace. Also, I had pretty much just started disc 1, where you have to use the steering wheel to access the submarine. When the lever in the submarine would be moved, that error would pop up and pressing start would take me back to the submarine, leaving me no choice but to quit.
    Lever moved and game progressed as it should

I used the RDC release (ReviveDC) and NullDC 1.0.4 r141

I uploaded the revision of NullDC 1.0.4 I use a while back here

If you really can't get it working I can create a save as soon as possible after the stuck point, not sure where that is though, it's been some time since I played this

It would be worth trying a fresh copy of NullDC in a new folder (just copy the old vmu over) and run on default settings (obviously setup your controller)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 8th-February-2013 at 20:25.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Lever moved and game progressed as it should

I used the RDC release (ReviveDC) and NullDC 1.0.4 r141

I uploaded the revision of NullDC 1.0.4 I use a while back here

If you really can't get it working I can create a save as soon as possible after the stuck point, not sure where that is though, it's been some time since I played this

It would be worth trying a fresh copy of NullDC in a new folder (just copy the old vmu over) and run on default settings (obviously setup your controller)
    I figured that it would only happen with me. I'll go ahead and download this version and see where it takes me from there. Thank you for everything you've done.