Thread: Downloading PS2 Saves to a Memory Stick and Transferring to a Memory Card, is this possible?

Thanks

Question Downloading PS2 Saves to a Memory Stick and Transferring to a Memory Card, is this possible?

Hi there, I was wondering if it were possible to download PS2 Save Game files to a Memory Stick and then transferring them to a PS2 Memory Card

This maybe possible with a FreeMcBoot or something else?

I want to transfer a Resident Evil 4 (PS2) Save Game file to one of my PS2 Memory Cards, so I can unlock the Handcannon and also with everything unlocked, upgraded, maxed-out, 100%, 101% you get what I mean

Now please don't bitch about calling me a cheater who is lazy and cannot be fucked playing the game legitimately, in this case, I HAVE. I have played Resident Evil 4 all the way on every difficulty its just the Mercenaries Mini-game can be very very frustrating trying to get all 5 stars on every level for every character, I would just like to play Resident Evil 4 again with the one and only Handcannon and completely fuck up all bosses and Ganados within one hit

Now to me this would be fun, but to other people maybe not, that is your opinion, don't bother to reply on this thread to me about saying that it would ruin the fun, I wouldn't give two fucks.

Anyway back on the topic is this in anyway possible? If so, leave me a reply.

Cheers

Sucktacular
    "You can do anything, but not everything." - David Allen

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes actually, It's quite easy. You need to download a tool that extracts the save from whatever file you have and put it in a folder with the correct naming. once that's done, you put that folder on the usb and copy it to the memcard. If you need specifics, you can pm me, I can walk you through the whole process if yo need it.
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ZuNinja For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes, it can be done through FMCB. But, if your PS2 already been hardmodded, then you can directly use uLaunchELF on disc.

Thanks

Thanks a lot you two! ZuNinja would you be able to walk me through the process? When you have time of course, it doesn't have to be now

So you can use FMCB to do it eh? Awesome, I'll find a save game right now,

Flick me a reply for any things that you might find useful for me. Eg; Tools, any software to do it, etc.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well actually, you don't need to have FMCB installed to transfer save files(or any files) to the Memory Card, as long you're able to run uLaunchELF using any kind of exploits method(codebreaker, etc), then you're good to go.

Try to follow either this or this guide if you haven't mod your PS2 yet.

and like I said, if your PS2 can run backup games, then I suggest to burn uLaunchELF on disc, which is far more quicker.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meganova For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks meganova, I've managed to install FMCB to my Memory Card via the disc swap with Need for Speed Underground 2

All I did was copy an ISO Image of NFSU2 and download a program called Apache which edits the code within the image, in this case, I downloaded an uncompressed BOOT.ELF, renamed it to NTGUI.ELF and replaced it in the games code with another file named the exact same, except the file I replaced it with was uLaunchElf, this tricks the game into thinking its the right file, then I saved the edited image and burned it to a DVD-R.

After all that I booted vanilla NFSU2 in my PS2 Console and at the Main Menu, I swapped the disc with the other copy I made with a change in the code, did the special trick to activate uLaunchElf and then proceeded to install FMCB to my Memory Card, everything was fine and dandy.

Now, to transfer a PS2 Save Game to my Memory Card I downloaded a Resident Evil 4 Save Game, and proceeded to download a program called PS2 Save Builder, I then opened the save game in the program, created a folder using the same name as the game (BESCES-51719GAMEDATA E.g; It's region it came from) copied the folder to my USB Flash Drive, shoved her into my PS2, started FMCB and then booted uLaunchElf, from there I copied the files from my USB Flash Drive and pasted them to my PS2 Memory Card!

And then I reset my PS2 and threw in Resident Evil 4 and Wah-Lah! I had everything on both the saves!

P.S

I DID THIS WITHOUT ANY HARDMODDING OR SOFTMODDING (Didn't have to bypass sensors or open up PS2 etc.) JUST EDITED SOME CODE!!

Thanks for your help you guys.

Cheers

Sucktacular
    Last edited by Sucktacular; 16th-January-2013 at 11:50.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80570 linked above also has a guide to backup and restore saves in a safe way using Codebreaker (includes downloads needed) as some saves become corrupt using the basic methods

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Hey Zorlon, I saw that thread, very useful btw

Thanks for dropping in to my thread, I'll make sure to have a thorough look through it later.

Cheers

Sucktacular

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sucktacular View Post
    Thanks meganova, I've managed to install FMCB to my Memory Card via the disc swap with Need for Speed Underground 2

All I did was copy an ISO Image of NFSU2 and download a program called Apache which edits the code within the image, in this case, I downloaded an uncompressed BOOT.ELF, renamed it to NTGUI.ELF and replaced it in the games code with another file named the exact same, except the file I replaced it with was uLaunchElf, this tricks the game into thinking its the right file, then I saved the edited image and burned it to a DVD-R.

After all that I booted vanilla NFSU2 in my PS2 Console and at the Main Menu, I swapped the disc with the other copy I made with a change in the code, did the special trick to activate uLaunchElf and then proceeded to install FMCB to my Memory Card, everything was fine and dandy.

Now, to transfer a PS2 Save Game to my Memory Card I downloaded a Resident Evil 4 Save Game, and proceeded to download a program called PS2 Save Builder, I then opened the save game in the program, created a folder using the same name as the game (BESCES-51719GAMEDATA E.g; It's region it came from) copied the folder to my USB Flash Drive, shoved her into my PS2, started FMCB and then booted uLaunchElf, from there I copied the files from my USB Flash Drive and pasted them to my PS2 Memory Card!

And then I reset my PS2 and threw in Resident Evil 4 and Wah-Lah! I had everything on both the saves!

P.S

I DID THIS WITHOUT ANY HARDMODDING OR SOFTMODDING (Didn't have to bypass sensors or open up PS2 etc.) JUST EDITED SOME CODE!!

Thanks for your help you guys.

Cheers

Sucktacular
    Well, you DID softmodded your PS2 after installing FMCB.

Anyway, you're welcome. Glad it works.

Thanks

Hah, yeah true I did, thanks anyway :p

Cheers

Sucktacular

Thanks

Btw Sucktacular, did you just replace the NTGUI.elf file without changing the file size like how you would do it with 007 Agent Under Fire? Or did you change it to the same size in the 007 tutorial for installing FMCB? Thanks dude, cuz I'm having trouble doing the disk swap with NFSU2

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please do not revive old outdated threads

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR