Thread: Japanese Pocket Monsters Rom Translations?

Thanks

Question Japanese Pocket Monsters Rom Translations?

I'm looking for a Red, blue, or green Rom translation that is not the American standard version. what I mean is, very often a game will be ported to a console and the translated version will be kinda obscured from the original, to help "Americanize" it. so I'm looking for a word-for-word translation of any or all of the original Pocket monsters roms. is there any? Thanks in advance!
    Rabid Media Online!
    Check out original artwork and games by ME!!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Other than Blue being called Green, and a tonne of other similar changes, there really wouldn't be any difference. As such, I don't believe anyone ever translated them.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

There was a translation of Green but with the Pokémon games the translations are much the same as the official translations so don't expect it to be much different to official translations

Most the Pokémon games had partial translations that shortly got pushed aside as the official english releases arrived, most the early translations got done just because there was no english version at the time.

if you are going back that far just play Yellow .

No word for word translation of any Japanese game would be readable in English, think of it more as interpreted and often badly when translated to english it's got less to do with Americanizing (though yes it happens) and more to do with bad interpretation of what was converted to English sentences.

There is no way to word for word translate to English, only thing that can be done is to interpret the meanings and there are usually many ways that certain Jap words can be interpreted and worse for sentences, but with Pokémon I don't really see what they done as a bad job at all, not that I am a fan or anything but back when Pokémon the Game Boy games anyway first started I enjoyed playing the things. (The cartoons got hit worse to be honest with the Americanizing thing but understandable for it to translate, the cartoons didn't last too long for me )

But for the best translation, it would be best for you just to learn Japanese and play the games in there original language instead of looking for a good English translation of something that was intended for Japanese players if you want to know how they would say things that don't really translate or culture related events that wouldn't really translate either both would be interpreted to something English gamers would understand, that a lot of the time may even be something different from what is originally intended in the Japanese language, because of English understanding or just because there is no true English translation only a close interpretation sometimes just made up or just Americanized, but sometimes this is not avoidable.

Even home made subs for jap films are part translated and part interpreted as you just can't do a word for word translation of Japanese asides from the multi choice meanings there is also the fact that word for word would not make any sense in English without some sort of interpretation in it.

There are a few re-translated games around, off the top of my head Phantasy Star 2 is one such game, the re-translation is very good, but it is still part interpreted.

I can honestly say I have not seen the same done with Pokémon.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-December-2012 at 00:27.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR