Thread: [HELP] PCSX2 0.9.8 run too slow..!! how to configure it?

Thanks

Question [HELP] PCSX2 0.9.8 run too slow..!! how to configure it?

Hey guys.. long time no open EP
    I have some problem.. my laptop/Notebook can't run pcsx2 0.9.8 as good.. i'm tired trying some solutions i got from google. how to fix it?
    this my spec written from Program log
    Host Machine Init:
    Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
    Physical RAM = 1015 MB
    CPU name = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz
    Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 02)
    CPU speed = 1.662 ghz (2 logical threads)
    x86PType = Standard OEM
    x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e3bd
    x86EFlags = 20100000

VGA
    Name: Moblie Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
    Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 950
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
    Sorry for my Poor English

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RxGian View Post
    Hey guys.. long time no open EP
    I have some problem.. my laptop/Notebook can't run pcsx2 0.9.8 as good.. i'm tired trying some solutions i got from google. how to fix it?
    this my spec written from Program log
    Host Machine Init:
    Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (build 7600), 32-bit
    Physical RAM = 1015 MB
    CPU name = Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz
    Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 02)
    CPU speed = 1.662 ghz (2 logical threads)
    x86PType = Standard OEM
    x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e3bd
    x86EFlags = 20100000

VGA
    Name: Moblie Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family
    Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 950
    DAC Type: Internal
    Approx. Total Memory: 251 MB
    Yeah not a chance - your specs are horrible for ps2 emulation. I'm surprised it would even start. The highest you would be able to run would be Dreamcast Emulation, maybe some NDS.

Thanks
    EP Points

From your VGA alone, I'm pretty sure that your computer is not good enough to run games on PCSX2 at a playable rate left alone at smooth rate. I'm also very certain about your CPU clockspeed which is still quite slow and may not enough for PCSX2.

I have tried several games for PCSX2 in my Intel laptop ( Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz with Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD). You could actually run some games very well. Therefore, it's depend on what games that you want to play. Can you list me some of them?

If you're very determined to play games on PCSX2 in that kind of laptop, I'd recommend you to reduce the resolution in the PCSX2's setting. It will work like a charm but the graphic quality can be poor unless if you play in windowed mode instead of full-screen. Games such as Final Fantasy X would probably run very smooth without touching any settings (While, other games may not) in your laptop and it's a good game too. It's been a long time since I've fun with PCSX2 so I may not fully remember some of the settings. But one thing for sure, apart from reducing the resolution in settings, there should be other settings where you can crank up to improve PCSX2 performance in your laptop such as speed hack, software mode and so on. Make sure you try some of my recommendation. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me and other members. Oh, by the way, make sure you're using the latest PCSX2 version where you can find them at their official site or you can try the latest SVN version of PCSX2.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Buy a PS2 and soft mod it is your cheapest option

Your laptop setup can't run PS2 software at any playable state

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Muscab View Post
    From your VGA alone, I'm pretty sure that your computer is not good enough to run games on PCSX2 at a playable rate left alone at smooth rate. I'm also very certain about your CPU clockspeed which is still quite slow and may not enough for PCSX2.

I have tried several games for PCSX2 in my Intel laptop ( Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz with Intel(R) GMA 4500MHD). You could actually run some games very well. Therefore, it's depend on what games that you want to play. Can you list me some of them?

If you're very determined to play games on PCSX2 in that kind of laptop, I'd recommend you to reduce the resolution in the PCSX2's setting. It will work like a charm but the graphic quality can be poor unless if you play in windowed mode instead of full-screen. Games such as Final Fantasy X would probably run very smooth without touching any settings (While, other games may not) in your laptop and it's a good game too. It's been a long time since I've fun with PCSX2 so I may not fully remember some of the settings. But one thing for sure, apart from reducing the resolution in settings, there should be other settings where you can crank up to improve PCSX2 performance in your laptop such as speed hack, software mode and so on. Make sure you try some of my recommendation. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me and other members. Oh, by the way, make sure you're using the latest PCSX2 version where you can find them at their official site or you can try the latest SVN version of PCSX2.

I play Sillent Hill Shattered Memories and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes
    can you Show me Recommended Specifications to Run PCSX2?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Buy a PS2 and soft mod it is your cheapest option

Your laptop setup can't run PS2 software at any playable state
    I Have Ps2. but now Damaged.. if I play about 30 minute. Color changed to incoherently and Turn Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Triar Fuck View Post
    Yeah not a chance - your specs are horrible for ps2 emulation. I'm surprised it would even start. The highest you would be able to run would be Dreamcast Emulation, maybe some NDS.
    yeah, i have both emulator & Works perfectly
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-December-2012 at 14:00.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not sure what has gone wrong with your PS2 it may just an onboard fuse that has gone, but without actually knowning what is causing the issue exactly I personly would just pick another one up

as you can only get them second hand anyway now you should be able to pick one up for cheap enough and it would be less stressfull trying to find out what is wrong with your current PS2 and look for seperate parts for it

before doing that though you might want to just try a new cable between your PS2 and the TV

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

I can only repeat what have been already said plus a few more advices:

First, your specs are horrible for PS2 emulation. Emulating a PS2 is on par with GC and Wii emulation and require a very good CPU + a medium to high-class discrete GPU. As a rule of thumb, you need at least a Intel i3/i5/i7 CPU with ~2,5 Ghz to be able to get playable speeds plus a AMD/ATI or NVIDIA card to prevent GPU bottleneck.
    Let's analyze your CPU & GPU. CPU: Quite old and way too slow. 1.66 Ghz isn't going to get you anywhere. The fact that you have a Core 2 CPU only helps a bit.
    GPU: That integrated GPU is just horrible. I had a similar IGP on my last laptop and it struggled with FFX even on native resolution with all speedhacks turned on to maintain 30 FPS (which equals snail speed).

Second, you play quite demanding games. Not that you could run low-demanding games much better on that rig, but definitely won't help performance-wise.

General tips:
    1. Download the latest stable release which is PCSX2 1.00. Just google it.
    2. Turn on all recommeded speedhacks.
    3. Set EE Cycle Rate to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 2. (May break the game)
    4. Set a very low custom resolution on GSDX like 256x256. Your IGP is even too weak for native.

Even with all these settings, I doubt you'll get playable speeds. BTW, check your EE and GS percentage on the PCSX2 window while playing. If EE hits 99-100% you are bottlenecked by your COU, 99-100% load on GS means the culprit is your GPU.

So you can either upgrade your rig to a powerful desktop/laptop which will cost you anywhere from 500-1000$ or you can take Zorlon's advice and buy a PS2 for cheap and softmod it which is way less costly.

Thanks
    EP Points

I play Sillent Hill Shattered Memories and Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes
    can you Show me Recommended Specifications to Run PCSX2?
    I doubt that you can run both games very well especially Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes. But as I said you can try to reduce the resolution in the setting as low as you can until you get a decent/playable frame per second. Secondly, try to change to software mode in the graphic setting and see if there is any improvement or vice versa. Thirdly, enable speed hack.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Not sure what has gone wrong with your PS2 it may just an onboard fuse that has gone, but without actually knowning what is causing the issue exactly I personly would just pick another one up

as you can only get them second hand anyway now you should be able to pick one up for cheap enough and it would be less stressfull trying to find out what is wrong with your current PS2 and look for seperate parts for it

before doing that though you might want to just try a new cable between your PS2 and the TV
    I've tried in another Standard cable. but not fixed..
    I hear Ps2 have special Cables, the name Y cb/ Pb Cr/ Pr right?
    Spoiler warning:

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    I can only repeat what have been already said plus a few more advices:

First, your specs are horrible for PS2 emulation. Emulating a PS2 is on par with GC and Wii emulation and require a very good CPU + a medium to high-class discrete GPU. As a rule of thumb, you need at least a Intel i3/i5/i7 CPU with ~2,5 Ghz to be able to get playable speeds plus a AMD/ATI or NVIDIA card to prevent GPU bottleneck.
    Let's analyze your CPU & GPU. CPU: Quite old and way too slow. 1.66 Ghz isn't going to get you anywhere. The fact that you have a Core 2 CPU only helps a bit.
    GPU: That integrated GPU is just horrible. I had a similar IGP on my last laptop and it struggled with FFX even on native resolution with all speedhacks turned on to maintain 30 FPS (which equals snail speed).

Second, you play quite demanding games. Not that you could run low-demanding games much better on that rig, but definitely won't help performance-wise.

General tips:
    1. Download the latest stable release which is PCSX2 1.00. Just google it.
    2. Turn on all recommeded speedhacks.
    3. Set EE Cycle Rate to 3 and VU cycle stealing to 2. (May break the game)
    4. Set a very low custom resolution on GSDX like 256x256. Your IGP is even too weak for native.

Even with all these settings, I doubt you'll get playable speeds. BTW, check your EE and GS percentage on the PCSX2 window while playing. If EE hits 99-100% you are bottlenecked by your COU, 99-100% load on GS means the culprit is your GPU.

So you can either upgrade your rig to a powerful desktop/laptop which will cost you anywhere from 500-1000$ or you can take Zorlon's advice and buy a PS2 for cheap and softmod it which is way less costly.
    No, I got 40~50 FPS in Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes with my own settings..
    and.. I’m using another application: GMA Booster & Game Booster.. that helping me

I doubt that you can run both games very well especially Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes. But as I said you can try to reduce the resolution in the setting as low as you can until you get a decent/playable frame per second. Secondly, try to change to software mode in the graphic setting and see if there is any improvement or vice versa. Thirdly, enable speed hack.
    yes, I can run Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes. But Graphic is too bad, some 3D Object looked transparantly if i go approach the object. And sometime Picture is flicker if i activating Turbo speed with 3 Frameskip and 2 Frame to draw
    Last edited by RxGian; 11th-December-2012 at 09:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

yes, I can run Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes. But Graphic is too bad, some 3D Object looked transparantly if i go approach the object. And sometime Picture is flicker if i activating Turbo speed with 3 Frameskip and 2 Frame to draw
    The graphics will look awful because as I said, when you reduce the resolution, the graphics will be poor. Try to change to windowed mode instead of full-screen. Don't set Turbo speed too high to prevent the flickering.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Muscab For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Frameskipping is generally pretty choppy and ugly on PCSX2 though, because the PS2 hardware doesn't really allow accurate Frameskipping. Better keep the amount of drawn Frames equal to the skipped ones, like 2 frames draw, next 2 frames skip.

Thanks

The graphics will look awful because as I said, when you reduce the resolution, the graphics will be poor. Try to change to windowed mode instead of full-screen. Don't set Turbo speed too high to prevent the flickering.
    right, if i using normal speed. the picture looks better than turbo speed, but if in the view menu. images look blurry and sway.
    and i follow follow the advice SOLIDERDeeD and it's fxed..
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLDIERSeeD View Post
    Frameskipping is generally pretty choppy and ugly on PCSX2 though, because the PS2 hardware doesn't really allow accurate Frameskipping. Better keep the amount of drawn Frames equal to the skipped ones, like 2 frames draw, next 2 frames skip.
    yeah, i'm using 2 frameskipping and 2 frames draw. images look clearer

Thanks

Hey guys, im having some issues with pcsx2 speed
    Im running:
    OS-Windows 8 64 bit
    Physical RAM-1.6 GB
    Processor-AMD E-300 APU 1.3 GHz
    Graphics Card-AMD Radeon HD 6310 Discrete-Class
    Im not sure if my system is compatible or if im just configuring it wrong, but any light you guys could shed would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zpayne2222 View Post
    Im running:
    OS-Windows 8 64 bit
    Physical RAM-1.6 GB
    Im not sure if my system is compatible or if im just configuring it wrong, but any light you guys could shed would be greatly appreciated
    First of all, if you're not going to contribute anything to a previous thread, it is usually preferred that you start your own. But since it won't take very long to respond, here is the short answer:
    Your computer can not run the vast majority of games on PCSX2 at a playable speed.
    Please read about the programs you are using before asking for help, this information is all over the web.

For the most detailed requirements breakdown, go Here. For a list of some games you might be able to play, go Here.
    Last edited by Alakazander; 30th-December-2012 at 20:15.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alakazander For This Useful Post:

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by zpayne2222 View Post
    Im running:
    OS-Windows 8 64 bit
    Physical RAM-1.6 GB
    Because your machine is not even close to being playable with PS2 emulation in most cases (more so that you have Windows 8) just go out and buy a second hand PS2 and soft mod it and enjoy PS2 games the way they are designed to be enjoyed, or buy a new high end computer, your setup is low end (though I realise it is a new computer it is not good enough for PS2 emulation)

You should be able to play PSX & N64 though, maybe Dreamcast at a push

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: