Thread: not one PS1 emulator will work for me at all?

Thanks

Default not one PS1 emulator will work for me at all?

ok so I am getting very very mad and want to throw my head into a wall. I decided to take the more mature approach before i threw my laptop across the room.1
    I have used most all of the PS1 emulators before and never had any problems with them in fact I have it working on my desktop running windows 7 64 bit.

For some reason tho no matter how hard I try re-download, reconfigure , no matter what software i use. Nothing seems to work when I am trying to run a ps1 emulator on my MX11 laptop. I am running windows 7 64bit just like my desktop. and no matter what rom or what software i use to optry and play a game it just says "PSXE has stopped working" or "PCsx has stopped working" etc etc. and I am going crazy because I am being mind boggled of how stupidly easy this stuff has been to set up on my other devices but for some reason just wont work on my laptop?

can anyone help me with this issue please and thank you very much.

any information you need please let me know.

thanks again for taking the time to help with my current issue.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there any message of a missing .dll coming up? Also have you tried using the wizard that comes up when you first run and select the soft gpu plugin?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What files do you have for your CD Images??

Not sure why it would just go to stopped working every time

Things to look out for though

Hit ctrl + alt + delete and select the task manager, make sure ePSXe is not running before running it (sounds silly I know) if it is, end task it and try running ePSXe again

The above happens when you don't exit correctly, to exit ePSXe correctly hit esc to return to the gui then exit, never exit while the game screen is up (it doesn't exit correctly that way)

To be honest it sounds like your machine has problems either with something missing or a virus

Indeed ePSXe runs perfectly fine in windows 7 64bit OS
    Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-November-2012 at 22:33.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Have you installed latest DirectX version and other requirements? Is the hardware of your laptop as good as your desktop? Also, it might be your Windows!
    Do you see the error when trying to run a game? or you can't even configure the emulator?

Thanks

Yeah there is no file missing i have the .dll and bios, configuration goes through perfectly, just as soon as I try to open a ISO or even a image i have mounted it just says error"has stopped working"

Also there is no other expse running at all I checked that.

and My laptop is just as good as my desktop if not better since my desktop is outdated now haha.

and ill check my direct X , is there a way to just check for direct X updates on the pc?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Direct X is not an issue seen as you get the latest version with Windows 7

If you realy want to check what version you have just hit the widows key and in the search box type dxdiag

It should be 11 that you can't download it was only included with Vista up over

What to try though

Test A. Run with a Software Graphics plugin set to fast then try booting a game

Test B. Run Bios (If it crashes still there are real problems getting it to run, this is as basic as it gets)

Test C. Disable Anti Virus software and other Spyware ect progs, you can turn your network off while you do this so you are not prone to outside infections

For all of these make sure there is as little running as possible

You may need to look for updates for your laptop, the official sites for your laptop brand are the best for this, look for video & sound mostly but any other updated drivers for your system are usually worth it (do network devices lastly or not at all if they are working fine)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2012 at 16:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Yah I have direct x 11. and all my drivers are up to date for sure. This is why im beyond confused like everything I know to be an issue is fine and working and up to date?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Run the tests I set out for you and get back to me

P.S. my n key is sticky or something half the time it doesn't work as you may have guessed by now

P.P.S. this is not a common issue at all and it may be best to do a full reinstall/factory restore on your laptop to ensure there is nothing wrong with it. Could be a virus (Virus protection does not always work) or corrupt system files (usually a virus side effect but it can happen without this)

Libs to make sure you have the latest of worth getting before going for system restore options are...

Visual C++ Runtimes http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/downl...s.aspx?id=5555
    Dot Net Runtimes http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=8483
    Java Runtimes http://192.9.162.55/j2se/1.3/runtime.html <- you won't need that for this but while your at it you might aswell, comes in handy for alot of homebrew apps including emulators and console tools
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-November-2012 at 21:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Add an exception for ePSXe through your DEP.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC