Yes, I am well aware this is question has been asked hundreds of times on this forum. I am one of the many victims of a faulty bug in epsxe 1.7

so here's the deal. I get the prompt to switch to disc 2 on Chrono Cross, after this, I...

press ESC

go to change disc under file

select ISO... Now here's the problem, I have mounted Chrono Cross disc 2.bin onto a virtual drive in Daemon Tools Lite. However, whenever I select anything that would possibly be part of the mounted image, nothing happens.

Also when I click "Open" on the mounted image (this is on the DTL program), I get these:

SLUS with a bunch of numbers
SYSTEM.CNF

I can't ever find anything mounted as an ISO in my ISO select screen, so I tried to "Make disc Image" ( I clicked the little tab on DTL) and made the mounted image become a .mdx file. I thought this would work, but when I tried to switch discs, nothing happened, just a black screen.

When I click "open" on the .mdx file (in the DTL Program), I get:
CHRONO CROSS.......................................... and under file type i get .mdx

So then I tried to "CDROM" instead of "ISO" under the change disc option under the file tab in epsxe, but that didn't work either. I just got a black screen again. (I did that out of desperation, I knew that wasn't going to work)

I looked at "My Computer" and it shows that is a CC disc 2 iso in the E drive.

I've looked at all the Youtube guides and tutorials and everything. I even tried that "use an older version of epsxe and go to disc 2 and switch it" trick, which didn't work either.

I tried to download Alcohol 52% but my virus detection always classifies it as Malware so I don't use that either.
_____

My Specs:

video: Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.77
audio: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0
cdrom: WNT/W2K

I need to be overlooking something, do I need to configure something? Do I need to download another cdrom plugin?

if there is any other information I need to provide, or if there was anything I wasn't clear enough on, let me know.

Not only would this help A LOT, but this will help me when I need to switch discs in other games too.