Thread: Final Fantasy 8 Disc 2 error?

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy 8 Disc 2 error?

So I'm currently running ePsxe 1.7 and all my FF8 files are ISO. I finished Disc one and when it ask to switch disc I'll exit, change disc and it keeps saying wrong disc error. I have even tried mounting this on Daemon tools and replacing different plugin. I have even replaced different disc 1 and 2 to see if that's the problem, but it just keeps saying wrong disc error. Wondering if anyone else has tried or has a fix for this?

Thanks
    EP Points

Just save the game at the end of disc one when it asks you to, close down epsxe and load it back up this time with disc two as the saves are transitionary.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

just start the emu up with the next disc

you do not need to do a disc switch with Final Fantasy 8 the last save you create at the end of the disc can only be loaded by the next disc so once you make that save you can close the emulator and start it up again but with the next disc, once booted you can load the save you made on the previous disc

You can't start the emulator using Run ISO then go to use an actual CD drive or a virtual CD drive, that will give the error you are getting, you also can't have a save state that you made wilst using Run ISO to work with Run CD-Rom even if you restart the emulator and run the first disc with Run CD-Rom then load that save state up again

ePSXe 1.7.0 can't do disc switches with the default CD plugin using run ISO, you can with Run CD-Rom but you must start the emulator with Run CD-Rom, as I said just before you can't start the emu running run ISO then use Run CD-Rom after, it doesn't work

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

See that's the thing, I'll save right when it will say "Please change to Disc Two" When I do that none of my load states are on disc 2, it's just empty.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't use save states...

Use ingame memcard saves

If you have used ingame memcard saves and you are not seeing them on disc 2, you probobly have miss matched region discs, i.e. mixed NTSC with PAL or (U) with (E)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Zorlon, you're the man!!! It worked just has to config my memory folder and it loaded disc two. Thanks a lot man.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

No problem

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]