Thread: NES Roms - No-Intro - DAT File

Thanks

Default NES Roms - No-Intro - DAT File

I am trying to sort my NES ROMs and I can't seem to get any of them recognized. I am using RomVault to perform the sorting and when I do a scan it sees the ROMs but none of the ROMs match the CRC (Checksum) from the No-Intro DAT File. The NES ROMs are the only ones that have this problem. Any ideas?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah you don't have the correct roms for the No-Intro dat

There are tons of rom collection versions

No-Intro is one of my fav's and my set passes with flying colours (I did use clrmame to scan em though)
    Good Nes (Only if you want every demo hombrew and every single dump ever done, good or bad)
    There may be tons but those are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head lol

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Yeah you don't have the correct roms for the No-Intro dat

There are tons of rom collection versions

No-Intro is one of my fav's and my set passes with flying colours (I did use clrmame to scan em though)
    Good Nes (Only if you want every demo hombrew and every single dump ever done, good or bad)
    There may be tons but those are the only 2 I can think of off the top of my head lol
    Thanks! *Sigh* All of the other sets that I have, I haave been able to complete. I found the any ROMs I needed and scanned them using the No-Intro DATs. with RomVault. I just am not having any luck for the NES ROMs. I have tried a few downloads that were GoodSets trying to see if I could sort out the "No-Intro" ROMs and so far I have only been able to pull out 3. Looks like its back to hunting some NES ROMs.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sucks thought we might have the set but we just have 2 good sets versions 3.14 and 2.01 and a disk system set

I'm sure I just used a torrent a while back as the set I had was out of date and it was taking too long to find certain roms

torrents are admittedly becomming harder to find as more and more get clossed down

EDIT:-.....................................

Forgot to check the forum ...

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293 look whats in there

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Sucks thought we might have the set but we just have 2 good sets versions 3.14 and 2.01 and a disk system set

I'm sure I just used a torrent a while back as the set I had was out of date and it was taking too long to find certain roms

torrents are admittedly becomming harder to find as more and more get clossed down

EDIT:-.....................................

Forgot to check the forum ...

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?56293 look whats in there
    Surprisingly enough the NES set in that thread is not working with the No-Intro DAT file. I tried that set two days ago and no luck. I did however get some of the other sets from that thread and they were mostly complete, only missing a few ROMs here and there.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try scanning with something other than RomVault try clrmame to scan the roms (just to scan them and rename/sort) it may be that RomVault is not liking the NES dat file

Very possible from what you have told me even from the Good set alot of those should verify ok but they are not for you

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

Did you add the NES header file to Ctrlmame?

On http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=download look on NES Dat file. On the right column there's an asterisk. Click download and extract the file inside Ctrlmame\header directory.

Rescan/Rebuild your rom set...

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Not even a clrmame issue as RomVault is being used though without the header file RomVault will fail every time

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

I was not having any luck with RomVault nor RomCenter. I am kind of a newb, can you explain what these header files do and why they are needed?

Edit: Looks llike RomVault does not have Header support yet ...
    Last edited by Hikerakashiya; 30th-September-2012 at 18:41.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

RomCenter has header support (may be out of date) and I can't blame you wanting to use that mostly because I know how user friendly it is and you can use it to launch the games from it with ease (Once you set that up)

Though you can use RomCenter just to do that and audit your roms with clrmame instead as RomCenter can get out of date too easy or you end up updating/converting dat files that can get complicated

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

Can someone explain why a Header file is needed and what they are used for? Also what are the other different XML files used for?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I remember trying to make my own dat for NES roms and there ends up being confics in the crc check so I presume the headers of the rom are also read and checked to make sure they are also correct and the rest of the rom is checked by the main dat file so one without the other is going to give a false report

Different XML's ???? please give me more details

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]