Thread: ePSXe 1.6.0 sound problem on a game.

Threaded View

Thanks

Default ePSXe 1.6.0 sound problem on a game.

Whenever I load my inspector gadget game, Called "Inspector Gadget - Gadgets Crazy Maze" on the ePSXe 1.6.0 emulator, It doesn't actually play music in-game, but on the main menu screen it plays music, and in-game in plays sound effects. I have tried ePSXe 1.7.0, it works but when I try to play netplay on it, we don't both see the same screen, example: P1 could be moving something, while for P2 on his screen, it would just be at the main menu. The netplay on ePSXe 1.6.0 works fine, we both see the same screen but the music doesn't play while in-game, but the sound effects do.

Also, when I downloaded this rom, it was from
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Inspector_Gadget_-_Gadget's_Crazy_Maze_[/url][U]/37018-download

When I downloaded this, it came with 3 files, ccd, img and sub.

When I load up the ccd file with ePSXe 1.7.0 buy "Run ISO", the music in-game is fine, but when I load the img file of it, it doesn't play the music in-game, it just plays the sound effects.

In ePSXe 1.6.0, when I click "Run ISO", I can only load up BIN, ISO and IMG files, not ccd. I loaded up the IMG file and it didn't play music in-game, it only played sound effects.

The plugins I used for ePSXe 1.6.0 are:

BIOS: scph1001
    Graphics: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2
    Netplay: Cyberpad 1.4

I have tried using different sound plugins, like External SPU Plugin 1.50 and P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9, but it still only plays sound effects in game, I have also tried using these plugins on ePSXe 1.7.0, and the same results again, only playing sound effects in-game.

The plugins I have used for 1.7.0 are:

BIOS: scph1001
    Graphics: Pete's D3D Driver 1.77
    Sound: ePSXe SPU core 1.7.0 <--- I think this is the plugin I need to make the sound work, because it's the only sound plugin that makes it play music in-game, but I can't find it anywhere as a separate plugin which you can download.

Netplay: Cyberpad 1.4

My friend has the same setup for ePSXe 1.6.0, he hasn't got ePSXe 1.7.0 because i'm testing to try and make the sound work, and I can't find out how to fix this.

I would be really grateful if somebody gave me a solution to fix this problem, it would be a relief after everything i've tried to do to fix it. Thanks
    Last edited by Ashley7; 28th-September-2012 at 19:27.