Thread: GamePad Question.

Thanks

Default GamePad Question.

Hello there Community, I wanna know which GamePad should I buy to play Emulators, I mean whats the best one? Thanks in Advance!

My current PC specs is :

Processor : AMD Six Core FX 6100 3.30Ghz
    RAM : 10GB
    Graphic Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti

Thanks
    EP Points

Depends on what you're trying to emulate. Logitec pads are said to be good.

Also you can probably connect a home console controller to a computer with some connectors, if you happen to have one you can use that. My favorite is Dual Shock 3, it connects to PC with a usb cable and is great for emulation.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    EP Points

"Best" is both entirely subjective and, as gezegond stated, dependent on what sort of emulators you're using (to a degree).

Personally, I use one of these and it suits me well enough for Snes, Genesis, Gameboy etc emulation as well as N64 and PS1 emulation;

http://www.walmart.com/ip/POWER-A-PS...ion-3/14962336

Only $20 and requires no special drivers, just plug in and go. Of course for authenticity purposes you may want to look into actual adapters for your existing console controllers, but the price of multiple adapters can add up.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

I personally own a Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510:
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...e-gamepad-f510

I was lucky and the one I bought was on sale when I ordered it last September so I saved some money. But Logitech still offers a gamepad that's basically the same only it doesn't have rumble:

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/controllers/7360

I've had zero issues with my controller and it works in all the emulators I've used including ones for PlayStation and Nintendo DS. It even works on the Neo-Geo emulator I've used before. All you really have to do is plug it into your computer and configure your controls through the emulators control settings.
    In my experience you just plug this controller in and use it with whatever you want. Logitech also offers a free program you can download to map out controls for your favorite PC games as well so it's pretty nice. A word of warning though, the more expensive but wireless version of the gamepad is known to have signal issues for some people.. So it'll work great for some users but have horrible connection for others.

Logitech also offers free standard shipping for F310 gamepad I mentioned so that'll also save you some cash if you're worried about shipping. Mine didn't take very long to get here when it was shipped and it's great if you aren't in a hurry to recieve it ASAP.

Anywho, I'll stop ranting. Hope this helps you make your decision :)

Thanks
    EP Points

X360 Wired Controller is petty good (I'm using it with ePSXe [but I have no rumble], PSCX2 [It plays better than original DS2], zSNES [left analog works as d-pad without special configs] and others (also PC games) but d-pad is major flaw. If you're using it to change weapons or powers it's ok, but as main controller it sucks.

Thanks
    EP Points

I use dualshock 3 with motioninjoy, it's as close to perfection as you can get

- wireless
    - rumble
    - tons of buttons
    - true triggers
    - dinput and xinput
    - pressure input in pcsx2

I use it for everything from PC-Engine to MAME to nullDC, it also works with virtually any PC game and PS3 of course 8)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to istuffedsunny For This Useful Post:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have used several PC pads (most suck though including logitec, thats not to say some are good though)

I have also used console pads via a usb converter and a serial converter, this was the best option for the time and I personly used PS1 dual shock pads and PS2 pads for many years

More recently I have used a wired 360 pad, that was very good for the most part, though had problems with the lower triggers working so you can't use them together, indivigually is fine but anything that you need to press them together didn't work (I beleive there are drivers to fix that issue though now) [I did have rumble working aswell, it does require an extra driver just for rumble, unfortionatly I had the drivers upped to megaupload that is now closed by the FBI and can't find them online now] (I have seen others get this working via other driver sets though)

I have also used a Wii mote, but to be honest it's not that great to use for general console systems, great for the Wii but thats about as far as that one goes for me anyway

I just use my PS3 pad and works just as good as the PS2/PS1 pads I used to use in the day

Almost forgot but you can also rig a xbox original pad aswell to run off of USB but the lack of 4 triggers makes that pad arkward for PS1/2 emulation (silly black and white buttons instead of extra triggers)

Basicly the best controllers for a console game and PC ported games (yeah aswell as PC exclusives) is a console controller, preferably an orginal controller as they are build as best they can to promote there console (both for comfort & durability) and 3rd party ones are more based on low price than quality (3rd party pads lack both the comfort and durability, in general)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-July-2012 at 19:42.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I use a wired Xbox360 controller with Xpadder. Works great!

Thanks
    EP Points

I have a PS3 and an XBOX 360 machine.. but really I hate the PS3 controller : the two joysticks on PS3 controller are too close for my taste.

If you don't play with a Mac, then go for a wire XBOX 360 controller.

You can use your Wireless XBOX 360 controller if you buy a specific dongle for your PC.

The best advise is to try different controllers (check with your friends..) and play with them for few hours.
    Of course, if you play most the time arcade games, then you need to use a joystick... you can feel the difference with the NEO GEO games....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to notsocreative For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

For 8/16 bit games I like using the Street Fighter 15th Anniversary PS2 controller connected to a USB adapter. The rounded corners are very comfortable, d-pad is super smooth and the six button layout is a must for some Genesis/CD/32X games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Xbox 360 controller with wireless receiver ,you can use xbox fight sticks and up to 4 controllers with this

LOL at logitech recommendation...

Ps3 controller is to ancient , the analog sticks have barely any movement range and are so flimsy , the analog triggers are just as bad

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by takara View Post
    I use a wired Xbox360 controller with Xpadder. Works great!

This.