Thread: Need help with ePSXe (Missing zlib1.dll) ?

Thanks

Default Need help with ePSXe (Missing zlib1.dll) ?

Hi there everyone. If this is not a proper place to ask for help with this emulator, I sincerely apologize but I don't know where else to ask. The emulator's site doesn't seem to like my computer much, and I can't navigate to their FAQ or Forums or anything.

Anyways, my problem is this. I've downloaded the emulator, BIOS, and Plugins as recommended by some guides on here (Or, at least as far as I can tell I've gotten everything that's needed). But when I try to start it up to work on configuring it I get this error: "The program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

Any ideas on what the problem is? Or what file it's referring to? (Missing BIOS or Plugin maybe?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again, I apologize if this is not a proper place to ask.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklefang View Post
    Hi there everyone. If this is not a proper place to ask for help with this emulator, I sincerely apologize but I don't know where else to ask. The emulator's site doesn't seem to like my computer much, and I can't navigate to their FAQ or Forums or anything.

Anyways, my problem is this. I've downloaded the emulator, BIOS, and Plugins as recommended by some guides on here (Or, at least as far as I can tell I've gotten everything that's needed). But when I try to start it up to work on configuring it I get this error: "The program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

Any ideas on what the problem is? Or what file it's referring to? (Missing BIOS or Plugin maybe?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. And again, I apologize if this is not a proper place to ask.
    zlib1.dll is a Missing file needed to run the emulator correctly.
    You can find it here

Download the file and put it in the emulator's folder.
    It should run correctly

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sheik For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Worked perfectly - Thank you so much for the reply and the link!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hecklefang View Post
    Worked perfectly - Thank you so much for the reply and the link!
    No Problem.

"I am... Sheik. One of the last of the Sheikah tribe..."

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sword Of Time View Post
    zlib1.dll is a Missing file needed to run the emulator correctly.
    You can find it here

Download the file and put it in the emulator's folder.
    It should run correctly
    On a sidenote while slightly more complex (and by complex I mean time consuming) you can register said components so that they're available for any other apps that require them, rather than needing a separate copy in the root directory for said application.

To do this extract the .dll file in question to your system32 folder (most likely C:\Windows\System32), and then run "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\file.dll" where file.dll is the filename for whatever .dll you're attempting to register.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll keep that in mind, seems a bit advanced for me though. My brother will be around in a few days, maybe I'll ask him to do that for me, haha.