Thread: Cheating Programs other than PEC

Thanks

Default Cheating Programs other than PEC

Are there other cheating programs being better than pec? I am trying to use the Mega Man X6 action replay codes but they don't seem to work on PEC or maybe I am using the wrong codes. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you configured PEC correctly? First start the PEC program, then under Config > Video on ePSXe select "psx emulation cheater" as the plugin in the first dropdown box. Then select your cheats in the PEC program (I assume you've added your codes properly under "File > User database..." and have the box next to the ones you want to use checked?). Then click Send Cheats To Plugin near the bottom, you'll see a popup window come up; once it goes away the cheat(s) should be loaded into the emulator and you can start your game as usual.

If this doesn't work you either have bad codes or didn't enter them right (first 8 characters in the first box, last 4 in the second box). Also note some games have different versions which require different codes (afaik Megaman X6 isn't one of them, good to keep in mind though).

Let me know if this helps.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    If this doesn't work you either have bad codes or didn't enter them right (first 8 characters in the first box, last 4 in the second box). Also note some games have different versions which require different codes (afaik Megaman X6 isn't one of them, good to keep in mind though).
    It's most likely bad codes.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    Censored
    I don't get why people are bothered by other people cheating.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-July-2012 at 19:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The action replay are usually for the japanese version anyway you can download the latest pec codelist with the Megaman x6 codes for the usa version from my page http://psxdatacenter.com/
    Last edited by gladiator (psx datacenter); 10th-July-2012 at 05:07.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    The action replay are usaually for the japanese version anyway you can download the lastest pec codelist with the Megaman x6 codes for the usa version from my page http://psxdatacenter.com/
    Yeah, except I've always found action replay codes for US versions of games; the device isn't specific to any region.

Also again, you should really consider linking people to the relevant section of your website directly rather than just post a link to the index. I've messaged you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drag View Post
    Censored
    Note that there are some games that have features you're required to use a cheat device to access, such as debug rooms etc. Given your high level of "skillz" I imagine you already knew that though, right broseph?
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-July-2012 at 19:57.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Since is my website i link to the main page if i want to, and in the pec codelist that i'll keep updating (creating or adding new cheats) the codes if you check it, each game is described with his serial, or if you open the codelist with PEC you'll see each game region in the main program.
    Last edited by gladiator (psx datacenter); 10th-July-2012 at 05:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by gladiator (psx datacenter) View Post
    Since is my website i link to the main page if i want
    It's less about who's website it is/who "has" to do what, more about convenience for the user. But okay.

and in the pec codelist that i'll keep updating (creating or adding new cheats) rhe codes if you check it are described with the serial iif you open the codelist and with the region in the main program
    What?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And for pec i try to say that all the games has his region id in the program, and in the pec codelist using notepad or similar you can see the serial if you have any doubt about the version

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    What?
    as in the codelist.inf file lists games like

#007 - Tomorrow never dies#SLUS-00975
    #007 - Tomorrow Never dies#SLPS-00000
    #007 - Tomorrow never dies (German)#SLES-02376

the first part is obviously the game name
    the second part is the games code or serial, that also doubles up at telling PEC what region the game is, from the 3rd leter in the code
    U = USA
    P = Asia/Japan
    E = Europe (could be any European language though hence the one in the example says German in the game name part)

The best part about PEC is not the codes though (a personal opinion though) but it's more the hacking tools and the possibility of making your own set of codes and hacks, not always for cheating I might add, mostly for hacking/changing a game in some way or accessing things that normally can never be accessed, a few things here I wouldn't mind getting back to doing, in the way of soft modding a game. (not as hard as it sounds, well can be)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-July-2012 at 19:37.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    as in the codelist.inf file lists games like

#007 - Tomorrow never dies#SLUS-00975
    #007 - Tomorrow Never dies#SLPS-00000
    #007 - Tomorrow never dies (German)#SLES-02376

the first part is obviously the game name
    the second part is the games code or serial, that also doubles up at telling PEC what region the game is, from the 3rd leter in the code
    Ah, that makes a little more sense.

The best part about PEC is not the codes though (a personal opinion though) but it's more the hacking tools and the possibility of making your own set of codes and hacks, not always for cheating I might add, mostly for hacking/changing a game in some way or accessing things that normally can never be accessed, a few things here I wouldn't mind getting back to doing, in the way of soft modding a game. (not as hard as it sounds, well can be)
    Exactly; not all codes are used to cheat. Though cheating once you've been a game all the way through is always fun.

Thanks

I just use an ISO of the gameshark disc.It works perfectly.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Aeris lives? GAMESHARK FTW!

Be afraid. Be very afraid.