Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Playstation Vita who has one?

Thanks
    EP Points

once they can be modded i'll go for a 32G

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I see no point in getting one at the moment really.

Thanks

I just platinum'd (well, 1 bronze away...) MGS3 Vita. Now to wait for the release of Dragon's Crown... hum diddly hum... they better announce more Vita games at Gamescom.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks

I got one, I played it for a week, then got sick of it. i'm too poor to buy any new games for it otherwise I'd pick up MGS HD Collection (Even though I got it on 360) and Burning Skies, maybe Disgaea 3 too, but I'm praying FF Type-0 comes to Vita, it's getting FFX HD so that's all good. Persona 4 should be good, I heard Ragnarok should be a decent game.

But yeah the only games I got when I picked it up was BlazBlue and RR Vita, but RR is pathetic, worst launch game ever -.-
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Thanks

I'm waiting for something good and original to finally come out, until then I'm perfectly happy playing my non-modded PSP-3000. Hell, UMDs are dirt cheap at the moment, and I love to see my collection grow. (Though I did break down and buy every Atlus game in their July half price deal on PSN)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonBlade View Post
    But yeah the only games I got when I picked it up was BlazBlue and RR Vita, but RR is pathetic, worst launch game ever -.-
    As pathetic as Gran Turismo Portable?
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MaslowK For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    As pathetic as Gran Turismo Portable?
    Worse, it's like a paying for a demo, unless you buy additional cars and tracks you get fuck all. The only good part would be the Planetary League but even then the Jap's fuck shit up since they had it way before us :L
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by KrimzonBlade View Post
    Worse, it's like a paying for a demo, unless you buy additional cars and tracks you get fuck all. The only good part would be the Planetary League but even then the Jap's fuck shit up since they had it way before us :L
    Yeeep, screw that. Though I've never been a big ridge racer fan anyway (only played the PS1 one, that black car was cheap as hell). I'll just wait till it can be modded & play retro games on it.
    "I think that the problem with this video is it is highly derivative of many popular bands within the genre. Although when viewed on its own merits, it does have a deeper groove. However what it has in groove, it lacks in originality. One can't help but be reminded of such bands as Pearl Jam, White Zombie, Suicidal Tendencies and other bands that bear the mantle of so called "Alternative Rock". One is even reminded of Lorie Anderson when she wore curlers. Hehehmhm! This video speaks less to the heart and more to the sphincter. In closing, I think Korn would do well to learn more from -"

Thanks

Why would you even want it to play retro games on it when the P.S.P. does that job just well? Now, I'm confused behind the motives of some people. I bought one, already, and I'm pleased with it. I transferred several of my P.S.P. titles from P.S.N. onto it, and I have played the hell out of Dynasty Warriors Next. It's one of the only games that utilizes almost every function on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    yeah... wont happen any time soon, the stupid thing can't connect to a computer AT ALL, only the PS3

oh and it has its own memory cards and no internal memory
    Also, what the fuck are you talking about? What do you think the content manager is for? I plugged mine into USB, and it booted drivers for it immediately in Win7x64 Ultimate.
    Last edited by Necrovarium; 9th-July-2012 at 07:22.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Necrovarium For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brocklobster View Post
    Why would you even want it to play retro games on it when the P.S.P. does that job just well?
    I don't have a regular PSP anymore, and I'm assuming the vita will be able to more easily emulate say, the N64. Not to mention even Snes emulation isn't perfect on the old PSP, there are still games with speed issues and at least two that're unplayable last I checked (Doom & Starfox).

Trivial things really but eh, that's the name of the game

Thanks
    EP Points

yup starfox doesnt load

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaslowK View Post
    I don't have a regular PSP anymore, and I'm assuming the vita will be able to more easily emulate say, the N64. Not to mention even Snes emulation isn't perfect on the old PSP, there are still games with speed issues and at least two that're unplayable last I checked (Doom & Starfox).

Trivial things really but eh, that's the name of the game
    If we ever get full hardware access.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I'm holding off until I see a few games that scream "PLAY ME!" My adoption of new systems usually runs a little late. I can still feel tingles of the burn from the Dreamcast--though I had lots of fun with the few titles that did manage to make an appearance.

As for the PSP, I have an old "PHAT" that I loaded with CFW that gets a lot of playtime. Need to buy a bigger memory stick, though. The stock 1GB isn't quite enough to load the larger images or run them sans compression. UMD-GEN can only do so much.

The Vita is pretty, but I want to get to know it a little better before I commit.

Thanks

I'm waiting for the next Atlus game, Dragon's Crown. It's the cross platform Atlus sidescroller RPG for Vita/PS3. The thing I like about it is that it's a sidescroller, which is perfect for handhelds, and it is an Atlus RPG which says basically... that's a game I will have fun with. I loved Odin Sphere.

I also might buy the Sly Cooper 4 on PSVita. I also want to get JSR and maybe the AC game for Vita.

All in all, needs more games. Needs more sidescrollers like Rayman Origins. The reason 3DS does so much better is straight up because it has Mario platformers, Mario Kart, and Pokemon. Straight up, only reason why Sony can't catch up in the portable space. That exclusive agreement with Pokemon is a grade A punkass move by Nintendo and hurts Japanese portables in the long run.

Also, Remote Play is not good enough with PS3. You can stream any media to the Vita, or control the PS3 as a media player device, but most software doesn't work (probably because it wasn't originally planned for, as they probably didn't reserve enough processing power on every game). Retrofitting it to every game is not going to work.

Sony needs to make it work flawlessly with PS4. If PS4 can stream a close to 720p video stream without breaking a sweat, like reserve a processor for it, or stick it straight into the memory/CPU usage of the OS and have it completely universal either way, I see no reason why PS4 can't have every game working with Vita Remote Play.
    Last edited by curryking3; 28th-July-2012 at 19:26.

Laguna: "Chill man, it's cool." -- Youtube

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I'll only get it after there is something like This for PS Vita mem cards. And I'll wait couple of years until the price drops. And then I'll look around for used systems...

Essentially, I am just one cheap mothah fuckah.
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC