Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy X Remake/Remaster

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Final Fantasy X Remake/Remaster

So as you guys/girls may or may not have heard Square Enix are planning on releasing a remake or remaster of Final Fantasy X for the PS3/VITA, this was announced last month, But I have only just found out about it.
    Personally I'm rather excited by this news, being a massive FF X fan (possibly my favourite of all time but VI and VIII are close contenders) but from reading some of the comments there are alot of people who are crying out for FF VI and VII remakes.
    Personally I believe the reason they are choosing to go with X rather than their PS1 counterparts is due to the fact that all FF X will need is just a slight HD upscale where as something like 6 or 7 would need a complete remake from the ground up. What are your views on this?
    Should Square Enix stop constricting FF VII fan boy's balls and draw up a FF VII remake or do you feel that they will leave this untill the company look like they are going under and release a FINAL Final Fantasy?
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 14th-October-2011 at 20:18.
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

On the topic of 10, I really hope it's just a graphical update. I'm imagining FFX with FF13's visuals. Maybe throw in a few new sidequests along with the Dark Aeons and Penance. If they change the way the game itself plays, there's gonna be a shitstorm of unhappy fans. YOU HERE ME SQUARE-ENIX?! DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN!

As for the other games, I do want to see a FF7 total remake, but I'm willing to wait for the next generation of hardware. Full 1080P resolution with Advent Children level or higher visuals. As long as they leave the materia and battle systems alone, I'll be one happy fanboy.

I never played FF6, but I'd be willing to play maybe a 3DS remake. I liked the FF3 DS remake.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'd love a FFX remake as long as they leave the battle system alone. And while many don't like the dubbing, it's fine for me. As for the others. FF6 has been remade and ported several times with minimal change I think. I doubt they would remake i other than adding a few scenes and with 7 i doubt no matter what they do with it will anybody be happy because many fans would hate it if it changes anything and many fans would hate it if it didn't. This is similar to how the Ocarina of time remake went down. Many complained that they didn't change enough while others complained they changed too much.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If FFVII were remade to be more like Crisis Core, I'd totally buy it. But if it's just a remake of the game as it is now, then I'd pass. Unless they totally redid the story, because that thing was a train wreck. I don't want to see an FFVI remake, because that game is basically perfect the way it is. As was FFIV, but that didn't stop them from ruining it with the DS remake.

As for FFX, I imagine they'll be using the FFXIII engine. They spent all that time and money to make it, only to have the game itself not be that big of a success, and they're reusing it for a sequel due to the losses from XIV. Hell, at this point I can see SE using the engine for quite a while to recoup their losses and expenses.

Thanks

Here's and idea - fire the morons who turned SE and the Final Fantasy series into a joke and rehire the people who worked for the company before 2000.

Thanks
    EP Points

Heard about this awhile ago. I really liked FFX for the most part and would enjoy playing this

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA BLITZBALL!!!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Graeystone View Post
    Here's and idea - fire the morons who turned SE and the Final Fantasy series into a joke and rehire the people who worked for the company before 2000.
    Some of those people were still there when they made Spirits Within. You know, that little movie that crippled Square so badly they had to merge with Enix, thus causing Enix to become a joke in and of itself?

Enix should have let Square fall apart.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    On the topic of 10, I really hope it's just a graphical update. I'm imagining FFX with FF13's visuals. Maybe throw in a few new sidequests along with the Dark Aeons and Penance. If they change the way the game itself plays, there's gonna be a shitstorm of unhappy fans. YOU HERE ME SQUARE-ENIX?! DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN!

As for the other games, I do want to see a FF7 total remake, but I'm willing to wait for the next generation of hardware. Full 1080P resolution with Advent Children level or higher visuals. As long as they leave the materia and battle systems alone, I'll be one happy fanboy.

I never played FF6, but I'd be willing to play maybe a 3DS remake. I liked the FF3 DS remake.
    the dark aeons are pretty much the only reason they are really remaking it (though i wish they would wait till the ps4 was out and just release it on the vita for now as most people still have ps2 and most are modded). though since the blue ray disk is bigger, i am hoping they put more of braska's story in there somewhere. i just think it would be cool to play his story then x but that is just me. i just hope they dont put ffx-2

Thanks

Well, While I fell in love w/ the FF franchise due to FF2(US(sorry, I find the roman numerals cumbersome)), It is FF7 that changed my life (so I like to think). FF10 is definately a contender though as I love the weapon and armour upgrade/advancement. I dont really feel that 10 needs a rerelease however since the graphics and animations were allready top notch. FF7 however would definately benefit from a graphics tweak though, as we all know the originals graphics were very polygonal.

I beleive this is the sole reason unfortunately that the majority of ff7 haters do so hate. Which as a 30 something gamer, a die hard rule learned back in the day of advancing graphics was that gameplay took presidence over graphics. This may or may not be the golden rule of many gamers these days, but it's still one of mine. As many of you may know there were rumors of a remake of FF7 for the PS3 early in its life, and it was my sentiment that the only way I would purchase such an expensive system would be in response to such a release. This still hasn't happened and I still don't own a PS3. A rerelease of FF7 would invoke my need to by the game system it was released for. At this point the only game for PS3 that urges me to pick one up is Wipeout HD, but not until I play it first as the sole Wipeout release for the PS2 "Fusion" was a huge dissapointment.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aeolus Aeneas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I personally really enjoyed VII, I never completed it when I was a kid though, the one I had back in the day was number VIII which I thoroughly enjoyed and I would really like to see that either Remade or Remastered in regards to X however I would really like to play as Jecht Braska and Auron and defeating sin with them, i think that would be really good possibly a new game +, where you do get to play as them 3 but we shall see I guess
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

personally i think vii needs remastered.
    x looks good enough.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    Some of those people were still there when they made Spirits Within. You know, that little movie that crippled Square so badly they had to merge with Enix, thus causing Enix to become a joke in and of itself?

Enix should have let Square fall apart.
    The same Enix that was looking at a 40% drop in stocks in 2000 and a decrease in profits by 90% by early 2001 thanks to repeated delays due to lack of resources? If they hadn't merged, we'd probably be talking about both companies in the past tense, though both of them may have limped through it with serious cutbacks. By gaining access to Square's resource pool, far larger than anything Enix had, Enix managed to pull themselves out of that, and by cutting redundancies between the two, both managed to effectively reduce individual costs for the two companies (yes, I'm talking about "cutting redundancies" non-facetiously; at least I'm not saying how they "synergized core resources" in order to "dynamically integrate shared resource pools" and...err...).

Actually, if you think about it, the merger was a PR master stroke. Square fans blame Enix and loyally support Square, Enix fans blame Square and loyally support Enix, and Squeenix shareholders are laughing themselves all the way to the bank.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by retrofiber View Post
    Well, While I fell in love w/ the FF franchise due to FF2(US(sorry, I find the roman numerals cumbersome)), It is FF7 that changed my life (so I like to think). FF10 is definately a contender though as I love the weapon and armour upgrade/advancement. I dont really feel that 10 needs a rerelease however since the graphics and animations were allready top notch. FF7 however would definately benefit from a graphics tweak though, as we all know the originals graphics were very polygonal.

I beleive this is the sole reason unfortunately that the majority of ff7 haters do so hate. Which as a 30 something gamer, a die hard rule learned back in the day of advancing graphics was that gameplay took presidence over graphics. This may or may not be the golden rule of many gamers these days, but it's still one of mine. As many of you may know there were rumors of a remake of FF7 for the PS3 early in its life, and it was my sentiment that the only way I would purchase such an expensive system would be in response to such a release. This still hasn't happened and I still don't own a PS3. A rerelease of FF7 would invoke my need to by the game system it was released for. At this point the only game for PS3 that urges me to pick one up is Wipeout HD, but not until I play it first as the sole Wipeout release for the PS2 "Fusion" was a huge dissapointment.
    The reason many people hate FF7 is because some FF7 fans insist that "FF7 is the best gaem evar!" and that "All other games (especially Final Fantasy games that aren't 7) suck!". In retaliation many people turn their hate of the fanboys against FF7 instead of the fans. As for whether the game is good or not, it is basd on gameplay, not graphics, but many FF7 fans use the graphics to justify their preference and judgement.

But never have I heard someone say they hated FF7 because of it's graphics. In fact I know many of it's haters are loyal to past Final Fantasy games such as six and 4. Many other FF7 haters like 8 and 9 which have around the same graphical qualities.

I don't hate FF7, but I don't love it either. It is a decent game but when it came out, it focused more on graphics and that is where the flaw comes in. Something that focuses more on graphics will eventually become underpowered graphically and when that happens it rapidly ages. Games that focus on great gameplay age much better and tend to look just as good as day one. Examples include Mario and Zelda games. Don't take that to mean that great games lack great graphics or that great graphics detract in any way from a game. But the focus away from the core of the game and towards the aesthetics of it does eventually detract from it. It creates a time bomb for that game.

Three more days until Party time!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Squeenix shareholders are laughing themselves all the way to the bank.
    But then FFXIV...