Thread: Saving Emulated Games That Had A Battery Backup

Thanks

Default Saving Emulated Games That Had A Battery Backup

No doubt this has been asked before but I haven't had much luck finding an answer that worked on my own and probably don't even know what to look for to do so thus my question here.

Some Sega Genesis ROMs are of games which had battery backups (Pirates! Gold or Starflight for example). These ROMs will allow you to save the game but as soon as you shut down the emulator the saved game is lost. With some games I've even noticed that this option doesn't save while the emulator is still running, ie. loading a saved game while in play doesn't work. Is there a way to maintain the saved games on my computer and have the emulator draw from that as opposed to the non-existent battery backup?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

J

Thanks

What emulator are you using? I have saved tons of games using the save feature of the game and reloaded no problems. Now if that does not work just click save state. Then you can load the state the next time you play.

Thanks

The ROMs (all from here) that I've been unable to use the in-game save:

Pirates! Gold
    Starflight
    Shadowrun
    Bill Walsh College Football
    Maddon '94

None of these work. The second the emulator is shut down the data is lost.

I use Fusion364 and the save state didn't work with Starflight.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Every emulator I've ever used outputs saves to a .sav file or the like. I'm talking emulators that are 15 years old now... If Fusion364 isn't supporting such a simple feature you should stop using it.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

this is possibly folder restrictions or some other user restrictions that are maybe stopping sav files and save states being created

you could try running the emu from the documents folder or something, make sure that saves are setup to save there aswell

you can also try running the emu as admin

*does no one even try and help nowerdays*
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-May-2012 at 20:15.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Open Fusion, click Options on the main menu, select Set Config and choose the Genesis tab. Make sure the SRM and State Files match the location where Fusion is stored on your computer. If you downloaded Fusion and then moved the emulator somewhere else, the games will not save. You could also use Save State As...(File on main menu or Shift-F5) if your still having problems.