I have a bit of an issue; I am trying to get my old ePSXe 1.7.0 emulator working. I had it working fine on my old dual core desktop but dont have it anymore, I am now running a laptop and was wondering if anyone had suggestions as to what plugins I could use and what settings for said plugins might work. I know that psx emulators can be somewhat buggy with quad core so I dont expect to make everything work as well as it did on my dual core but if I can get it in the ball park then I can figure out what to tweak for each game from there.

My system is: Toshiba Satellite P750
2.2 gigahertz quad core intel i7-2670QM CPU
6 Gigs RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 540M with 1 Gig dedicated memory
Fullscreen Resolution is 1366by768.

I am not going to attempt to copy and paste my emulator plugins and settings because I don't even know where to begin for experimentation.

I have tried using petes opengl and opengle2 gpus because those are recommended for Nvidia cards.

When I try to start cdrom (tested with FFVII CD 1) it just brings up a black screen and does nothing. I have tried full screen and window mode 800by600. I have tried running in 16 bit and 32 bit. same results with all 4 attempts. I mount my bin file into daemon tools lite like I always have.

*bows deeply* any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!