Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Roster Fail...

Thanks

Default Super Smash Bros. Brawl Roster Fail...

Just a few weeks ago a got the SSBB ISO and played the shit out of it, unlocked everyone, to be quite disappointed.

Don't get me wrong, it's not all bad, (keep in mind I'm strictly talking about the character selections).

But some characters really shouldn't be their while others should. I was never a huge fan of Megaman... but c'mon. How many games did he have? And NEVER been in SSB!? He would have been an AMAZING character. Sonic was definitely a great addition to the game, but if we're going to go SEGA... Vectorman. I can't argue with any of the Kirby characters. Three Starfox character? The only reason that's even remotely okay is because Wolf is power and not so much speed like Fox/Falco. I would have liked to see Waluigi instead of Peach, only because they added Wario. Ice Climbers... does anyone use them? Yes I know SOMEONE does... but not many. Ice Climbers can fall off a cliff FO-EV-ER! What's the point of Lucas AND Ness!? They're exactly the same. I like using Pit, he's not a bad character, but he doesn't belong in this game. Pokemon trainer is a cool idea to have 3 characters in one, so why have Lucario? Why not put Mewtwo back in instead? or leave them both out? Jigglypuff! JIGGLYPUFF!!! GAH!!! Pikachu is one thing... Not saying he doesn't belong, but i never played Pikman, and Olimar blows. Had to be said.

That about covers it, All other characters I see no objection with.

Thoughts? Who do YOU think should be in SSB4? (Look up "Wii U" )
    You can only see my face,
    never my motives.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And this is why you don't work for Nintendo, because those are some awful ideas.

As for the lack of Vectorman and Megeman, each didn't appear for different reasons. Megaman wasn't in because I doubt Nintendo had had any connections or friends at Capcom and Vectorman didn't make it in because he is incredibly lame.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JKDarkside For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I would like to see more SEGA charcaters in the next Smash bros.

A little bit of Robotnik.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darklinky View Post
    I would like to see more SEGA charcaters in the next Smash bros.

A little bit of Robotnik.
    *stamp of approval*

Thanks

I liked the roster. What I didn't like is the fighting itself... It just feels better in melee.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    And this is why you don't work for Nintendo, because those are some awful ideas.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by dylstew View Post
    I liked the roster. What I didn't like is the fighting itself... It just feels better in melee.
    Personally, the slipping is one of the more annoying things in the game for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

1. I would also like to see Megaman in the game
    2. Pit does deserve to be in the game, why? Remember Icarus?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Personally, the slipping is one of the more annoying things in the game for me.
    Correction: Gay Tripping
    Destiny ∂єѕтιηу ですちんゆ デスティニー
    If you like the advice you receive from someone, don't forget to thank them and press this star at the bottom of the person's post to add to their reputation =]

Thanks

Ouch... a bit harsh...
    You can only see my face,
    never my motives.

Thanks
    EP Points

I think there are no Capcom characters in SSB:B because Capcom already has it's own fighting crossover series (3 different series as far as I know). Nintendo had connections with it, like some exclusive Resident Evil games and such, but their main characters wouldn't really "fit" in SSB style, besides Megaman and friends.

From SEGA, I would like to see Alex Kidd in, it fits perfectly. And for new entries, put Crash Bandicoot and Spyro on that list. Oh, and maybe Rayman. They are all adventure heroes, they deserve to be in this game as well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clayton Fischer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dylstew View Post
    This for certain. Even Snake fit in well, despite being the most unlikely character to appear there. I'd call it a good chance that Sora from KH makes it into the next game if more Kingdom Heart filler games sell on the 3DS and Square Enix takes a leap of faith and places their next KH game on the Wii as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orbnotacus View Post
    Ouch... a bit harsh...
    Come on man....read your post again. There's more bad ideas and spelling errors than your average Cooking Mama fan fiction.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpuzzHardwick View Post
    Come on man....read your post again. There's more bad ideas and spelling errors than your average Cooking Mama fan fiction.
    Hey, you take that back! Cooking Mama fan fictions are the best!

On topic-ish: Rather than flood the roster with an extra 30 characters, I'd prefer that they just focus on making everything else in the game better. I'd like that irrelevant score system they had in the other entries back... and I'd like to see 100% more environmental hazards in the stages.

Thanks
    EP Points

Brawl was overall disappointing. But since we are talking about the cast, it was ok. A few were missing like K.rool and Ridley & rob was a queer choice. Removing characters was dumb too.

Capcom told Nintendo they can use Megaman if they want in the next game. Nintendo should be starting on the next smash games, in the upcoming months.

Thanks

I actually agree. The brawl roster was pretty shitty in my opinion. We already had Ness, so Lucas wasn't needed. We have fox so why even keep falco? Especially when his final smash is the same. Why is Meta Knight so OPed anyway? Maybe Hal should stop making these games and let someone else have a chance because obviously they are biased. I personally don't even see why Olimar was there or Pokemon Trainer(even though Pkmn trainer is my favorite) and Zero suit Samus was pointless too imo. Just sayin'

Thanks

I'm just gonna walk away and pretend I didn't read "What's the point of Lucas AND Ness!?" and "i never played Pikman, and Olimar blows".