Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Those times you wish you could skip a part in the game because it's too freaking hard

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb Those times you wish you could skip a part in the game because it's too freaking hard

Here we discuss parts of any game that drive you insane and you wish you could just skip or just pass without doing much of the dirty work.

Here's a nice example: Max mode in Mortal Kombat Armageddon VS Blaze. Just no please stop rolling over me you damn cheater!!!!

Now it's your turn
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    EP Points

Anything that involves first person shooting.

I REALLY suck at them games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Any time there is a lengthy, unskippable cuts scene before a boss battle that you have to watch again in the event you lose, it's probably the worst thing ever.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheRealSpiders For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Some stupid necessary atribute leveling in some games, like raising your lung capacity in GTA: San Andreas. I took hours to get it up to maximum to do some easy mission where I used the diving ability only 5 times or less! It's not even necessary to the rest of the game (unless you want to get all the oysters, which needs some lung capacity to make some deep dives) but nevertheless, not usefull! Maybe it's because of that that Rockstar removed the diving ability in subsequent GTA games.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post
    Any time there is a lengthy, unskippable cuts scene before a boss battle that you have to watch again in the event you lose, it's probably the worst thing ever.
    Well said, TRS.
    That is one of the motives I am a true Retro-game-fan.

I also find the battles in some RPG's I played to be very boring.
    Mainly when there is no interection besides choosing your "move"...
    Despite that, I really like most of the Pokemon Games, especially the GBA ones because
    I can only play them in the emulator at 300% or so, so battles are not that boring. ^^

Well, about "freaking hard parts in the game" I would like to skip, I would say, with no doubt:

1) the battles inside the Lavander Tower in Pokemon Red/Blue!
    2) the Team Rocket battles in most of the Pokemon games... (particularly Red/Blue)
    3) ... and the "oh-my-gosh-another-of-those-low-level-magikarp" trainers and all of its variants!

... oh, and when you get to Elite 4 in any version and have an almost "mono bug" party
    because you thought it was cool to take on the game with cute and weak pokemon...
    (think again... ... although it is fun and rewarding to beat them with Butterfrees and Parasects... )

Thanks

The last boss of KOF XIII, because he's a cheap cheating SOB. I like a good final boss, but only when the challenge is just right, not incredibly imbalanced.
    The white wings of righteous fire

All Time Faves: Unreal Tournament 99, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Soul Blade/Calibur, Elder Scrolls, Mario Kart.....and many more.

Thanks

Persona 3 and 4's grinding parts - It's things like these that make me think that Japanese people are masochistic.

Thanks

Final Fantasy in a nutshell

As for me, those really pointless puzzles you have to solve to advance to progress so very little in a dungeon in many RPG's. Why bother making me use my brain when all I'm focusing on is killing things?
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Thanks

The hardness isn't bad, it's the mundane and boring that annoys people. Tutorials in games now are horrible to go through even once.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've got a couple of good ones, ANY "Ice World-esque" puzzle where you have to slide around on ice trying to get to a specific spot on the ice.

Any of these kinds of puzzles because I am horrendous at them.

Thanks

Any of these kinds of puzzles because I am horrendous at them.
    I had a game like that on my old phone. I almost threw it out the train window cause I couldn't solve this 1 puzzle
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

A place where internet is slow. (I mean it!)
    Thanks

For me, THE part I REALLY want to skip is Valkyrie Profile:Lenneth opening. It's to f___ing long. I even tell my 5 year old brother to play it while I take a bath, and after 30 minutes the opening isn't done yet. It's the biggest flaw in the game. Fortunately, you can skip the cutscenes on VP2.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm, in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

Thanks
    EP Points

Ahhh, cutscenes must be fully controllable. I hate both the cutscenes that can't be skipped and the ones that can't be paused.

Thanks

I've been playing Ocarina of Time on and off for a while. I'm stuck in the fire temple, where you need to get the megaton hammer. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about: There's a chest containing a hammer but it's surrounded by fire. The path leading to the chest is like a spiral staircase only with a hole in the middle, so if you fall, you fall far. You hit a switch, which turns off the fire around the chest (for about 10 seconds) and then race around this spiral staircase (which has no guard-rail) to get to the chest. I've fallen down a dozen times and apart from hard, it's tedious. I wish I could skip it... but then, there'd be no sense of accomplishment.
    "Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!"

Thanks

The games in which i have to shooting a big monster or to kill a big cobra. Really suck at that time.
    SIG REMOVED - TOO BIG, RESIZE IT!

SIG REMOVED - NO ADS!