Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with Dolphin and WinZip

Thanks

Default Help with Dolphin and WinZip

I don't know anything about this emulation or extracting file stuff, so please be basic with any help.

I downloaded the dolphin emulator, and I can open it (it says "Dolphin 2.0" across the top of the window). I downloaded the super smash bros. melee rom, and it told me to download 7zip, so I did. Now I have a WinZip window open that has a list of 22 "sc-ssbm.oo1"-"sc-ssbm.022" files. There is a "system information file", an "SFV file", and then just a "File" file. I can't open anything in dolphin. It says no ISOs found, and I don't know what that means except that I can't play my game. (I tried to post some pictures to help with the description, but apparently I don't know how to do that either...)

What am I suppose to do from here? Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Extract the .ISO file first before running it on the emulator.
    http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...to-Handle-Them

Thanks

Ok, I found one problem. I had WinZip instead of 7zip. Oops... I now have 7zip, and the files I have in 7zip are "sc-ssbm.001" and "sc-ssbm.gcm". What do I do with them?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

gcm files are iso files

00# files are to be extracted via 7zip just extract the first file though, all other files in the series are automaticly read and extracted

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Oh, ok. Another problem. I went to open the .gcm with dolphin, and I got an error box that says, "error loading plugins/plugin_DSP_HLE.dll: can't find file". Any help with that?

And i get a few more error messages when i click "ok" in the first error box.
    Last edited by meganova; 2nd-December-2011 at 12:26. Reason: double post merge

Thanks
    EP Points

Update your direct x and C++ to the latest version, as well your graphic card driver.

Thanks

Uhhhh..... Do what? Is there an easy way to do that or is it some complicated stuff?

Thanks
    EP Points

google direct x downloadthen download it and run the installer it is all automated it's the same with the visual c++ fully automated just google visual c++ download click on the one hosted on microsofts web site download and run the installer.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mountainflea66 View Post
    Uhhhh..... Do what? Is there an easy way to do that or is it some complicated stuff?
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...a-9b6652cd92a3
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...3-37bf0912db84

Thanks

Ok, I have downloaded both of those and I still receive the error message when trying to open the .gcm file in dolphin. Do I need to restart my computer, or re-extract the file? Or something else?

Thanks
    EP Points

Run both of the installers, and wait until it finishes updating, then restart your computer.
    After that, try running the emulator again.

Thanks

Ok. Installers have been run, all updates have been completed, and computer has been restart. I try to open the .gcm file in dolphin and I get these error messages "error loading plugins/plugin_DSP_HLE.dll:can't find file", "can't init DSP plugin", "couldnt init the core. Check your configuration". They appear in that order after I click "ok" on them.

Thanks
    EP Points

That's weird, the emulator should be able to run without any issues IF both of your direct x and C++ has been updated, can you try 3.0 version instead?

Thanks

I downloaded the Direct-x and C++ from those links you posted, so I assume they are up-to-date... Im willing to try. Is there a link to that on this website?

Thanks
    EP Points

Check the Releases section of this site, there should be a link for 3.0.