Thread: JPCSP games and controller issues

Thanks

Default JPCSP games and controller issues

So,

I am starting to use this program now and I already downloaded some games but im really not happy because of some things :

- first the graphics are very bad when I strech the screen !

- my ps3 controller does not work on it , what should I do ? although I can use it for my ps2 games on pc and it works just fine.

- some games like DOA have some issues like the game is broken or something ! for example it would show a character all in brown color .. if you understand ?

- Why cant I strech the screen and it covers all my desktop ? it just gets bigger a little !

- what is a good source of downloading the games ? not broken or something ! mostly RPGs ?

thanks ~

Thanks
    EP Points

first off you have to realise that JCPSP is not as advanced as alot of other emulators out there, there are bound to be some problems with it but in reagrds to your questions anyways, what version are you using? what resolution are you trying to play it on, have you configured the emulator to use your controller it will not do it by default, and you can download psp games from here thats a list of all of the psp games on the forums, let me know if you have any further issues and i will do my best to help you
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Benni ! my husband's name is Benni

Well, can you tell me about those other emulators ? I am using this because I read about it here in the forums !

ummmmmmmm windows 86 ? and also the resolution says native. I guess I havent done much in the options part

about the controller, I am on motioninjoy as I use it to play ps2 games and that works just fine for me. But on this JPCSP I cant seem to configure it to the ps3 controller .

So if you can help me with all this ? or even better, tell me about a better emulator for psp games

THANKS !

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

By other emulators Benni is on about other emulators of other systems like ePSXe for PSX/PSone/Playstation emulation that has alot of advanced features and has a high compat rate for display ect also it has had a long time to develop to that standard, but JPCSP is a lil lacking in the compat department and advanced settings, not a did at the emulator it is very good when it works for those that can run it

Personly I do not use JPCSP as I own a PSP, but if the controller realy does not want to sync with JPCSP then the next best thing is to use something like Joy2Keys, like the name implies you can use your joypad for keyboard presses (e.g. you could setup the X button on the pad to P on the keyboard so every time you hit X on your pad it would send a keyboard press to the comp in this example the key P) then in the emulator set it to use the same keyboard keys you setup on Joy2Keys

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your Controller setup in JPCSP (just go to the settings in JPCSP and then press the print screen (prt scn) button on your keyboard and then open paint and then paste clipboard, just save that as a jpg) [Hit Go Avdanced on your reply then you can attach the image directly here]
    Last edited by Zorlon; 25th-November-2011 at 17:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post: