Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Square wants to release a Final Fantasy every year or two

Thanks
    EP Points

Perhaps so rulucian, but a Final Fantasy VII remake certainly has a great deal of potential profits. I rather suspect a great many fans would pick it up, and there are still many.

Still, we'll see. At least remaking Final Fantasy X wasn't too bad a decision. I quite liked X, once you got past the first 5% or so of the game. And hey, it'd fit in their yearly release schedule, freeing up more time for a new Final Fantasy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post
    Perhaps so rulucian, but a Final Fantasy VII remake certainly has a great deal of potential profits. I rather suspect a great many fans would pick it up, and there are still many.

Still, we'll see. At least remaking Final Fantasy X wasn't too bad a decision. I quite liked X, once you got past the first 5% or so of the game. And hey, it'd fit in their yearly release schedule, freeing up more time for a new Final Fantasy
    I second this extremely i would love to see a remake....
    " Now is the time where you piss your self and pray to god.... but hey there is still enough time to kill yourself..."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Ivo Robotnik View Post

Oh, you just stirred up a new thought about this topic!
    Perhaps SE plans to release FF's spin offs, some HD remakes and such, with their yearly releases!

I think FF VII is overrated, but i can see why people enjoy it so much (i like VII, i just don't consider it my favorite game or FF game, but i find it enjoyable to play, even though it's so easy).

I hope they make harder games in the future. We are in dire need of hardcore RPGs like the original FF III (not the remake. I played the original on a NES emulator. Even though the characters were bland and the story weak, the hardship made it enjoyable! )

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rulucian View Post
    Nope. People won't get bored. Each FF is a brand new game with brand new mechanics, characters, storyline, etc. So people won't get bored. About remaking Chrono Trigger (BEST RPG EVER), i don't think they'd do that, because of many reasons: CT is good the way it is; it would take too much time (even though they have a storyline, they'd have to make a brand new game. Current generation games cost a lot of money. Remakes are good for them, and any other gaming company, if they can make the most profit from it with the littlest amount of resource spent. In other words: Too much money for a remake equals a big NO.)

Same goes for Xenogears.
    I am already bored square is killing the final fantasy series by focusing on it way too much my opinions about final fantasy series 1 and 2 were ok and 3 was good(all of the above mentioned are speaking of the japenese titles for nes) 4,5,and 6 were awesome (all snes)
    7 and 9 were awesome 8 I thought sucked the first time I played playing through again I found it to be good/decent (all psx)
    10 was great not awesome but close 10.2 sucked balls 11 I could not bring myself to play I love MMO's but some games/game series need to stay away from this format. Not played 12 either just not had the desire to try it 13 was meh in my opinion and as for 14 see my answer for 11.
    what I really want to see like the above poster is for square to do something like this

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
    I am already bored square is killing the final fantasy series by focusing on it way too much my opinions about final fantasy series 1 and 2 were ok and 3 was good(all of the above mentioned are speaking of the japenese titles for nes) 4,5,and 6 were awesome (all snes)
    7 and 9 were awesome 8 I thought sucked the first time I played playing through again I found it to be good/decent (all psx)
    10 was great not awesome but close 10.2 sucked balls 11 I could not bring myself to play I love MMO's but some games/game series need to stay away from this format. Not played 12 either just not had the desire to try it 13 was meh in my opinion and as for 14 see my answer for 11.
    what I really want to see like the above poster is for square to do something like this
    Wow! CT in 3D! :O
    AWESOME!

You gotta play FF XII. it may not have the best story or characters, but at least it is full of extras. An entire world map for you to explore (on foot!), visit cities on them (you SEE the city, not just an icon, you actually walk around an open world like in an MMO), not to mention the final hunt (Yazmat) and Gilgamesh (yes, he's back! ). The espers are really cool. You once again have to hunt for them all (the ones that are not part of the main storyline), and fight them so that they can lend their powers to you!
    So, FF XII is a great game. There's still hope for the FF series!
    One problem though is that they either focuse on the story and characters or the extras. That's the problem we had with both XII and XIII. Even though XIII had a beautiful presentation and the world of Pulse for you to explore, it had an awful first impression that made players not play it to the end or at least to play it till they get to Pulse.

We'll see when they release FF XV. It will be the next FF VI (or VII for those who love VII to death). it will have great characters, great storyline, an awesome OST composed by both Masashi Hamauzu and Uemastu Nobuo. Yes, Nobuo is legendary, but he's not the only best composoer out there you know!
    Last edited by rulucian; 1st-January-2012 at 03:05.

Thanks

You gotta play FF XII. it may not have the best story or characters, but at least it is full of extras. An entire world map for you to explore (on foot!), visit cities on them (you SEE the city, not just an icon, you actually walk around an open world like in an MMO), not to mention the final hunt (Yazmat) and Gilgamesh (yes, he's back! ). The espers are really cool. You once again have to hunt for them all (the ones that are not part of the main storyline), and fight them so that they can lend their powers to you!
    One problem though is that they either focuse on the story and characters or the extras. That's the problem we had with both XII and XIII. Even though XIII had a beautiful presentation and the world of Pulse for you to explore, it had an awful first impression that made players not play it to the end or at least to play it till they get to Pulse.

We'll see when they release FF XV. It will be the next FF VI (or VII for those who love VII to death). it will have great characters, great storyline, an awesome OST composed by both Masashi Hamauzu and Uemastu Nobuo. Yes, Nobuo is legendary, but he's not the only best composoer out there you know!

Yeah FF12 was okay but they did some foolish things. The way how the treated instant death and that damn Yiazmat.

Thanks

oh, how rude of me. Happy New year to everyone!
    here in Brazil (where i live), just became New Year!

Thanks
    EP Points

still have an hour and a half till new years here southeast usa.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wow! CT in 3D! :O
    AWESOME!

I thought XII had its fair share of good characters (both playable and non-playable) if you completely block out Vaan's existence. Which isn't hard to do. And the story was fairly interesting in a way that it's not about the bad guy wanting to destroy the world for emo reasons and you stopping him because why not.

Hell, Vayne is actually somewhat of a grey area IMO. As in, he had semi-good intentions and thought he was doing the right thing. In a weird way, he was a chosen one/(anti)hero, if you think about why Venat chose him. It's just that slaughtering a few thousand innocent bystanders (and pretty much anyone who stands in his way) is an acceptable sacrifice for "the greater good" in his eyes. I liked that. I felt like it was the refreshing change that the series needed, especially gameplay-wise; others thought it was an example of SE going downhill. But to each their own. I'm starting to ramble here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FFXII had the best villain.

Because the villain won at the end. Hell he won before the game even started.

Suck it VI/VII.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    I thought XII had its fair share of good characters (both playable and non-playable) if you completely block out Vaan's existence. Which isn't hard to do. And the story was fairly interesting in a way that it's not about the bad guy wanting to destroy the world for emo reasons and you stopping him because why not.

Hell, Vayne is actually somewhat of a grey area IMO. As in, he had semi-good intentions and thought he was doing the right thing. In a weird way, he was a chosen one/(anti)hero, if you think about why Venat chose him. It's just that slaughtering a few thousand innocent bystanders (and pretty much anyone who stands in his way) is an acceptable sacrifice for "the greater good" in his eyes. I liked that. I felt like it was the refreshing change that the series needed, especially gameplay-wise; others thought it was an example of SE going downhill. But to each their own. I'm starting to ramble here.
    Yeah, too bad the story was kinda short. Kefka and Vayne were the best villains in all of FF. Ultimecia is weird, just like FF VIII (very original, yet boring, gameplay btw). Sephiroth is an emo with mother issues (sorry FF VII's fanboys, but it's true. please don't feel offended in any way by the truth of this). Exdeath had... strange reasons. Kuja was ok (FF IX is good, but it felt more like an anime+sci fi cliche disguised as a FF game, at least to me). Zeromus is pure hatred (that's it), and golbez is a long lost brainwashed brother of Cecil. The only villains that had a good and/or interesting backstory or motives were Kefka (chaotic neutral with twisted motives, wanting to destroy everything and be the supreme ruler of nothing -kinda weird, but his make up says it all lol-), while Vayne was not the "villain", just an extreme idealist presented as the antagonist.
    FF III had a villain that you only see at the very end of the game (forgot his name), and Kurayami no Kumo 「暗闇の雲」 (Cloud of Darkness), with one with a stupid reason (the same as ultimecia's -kinda-. ultimecia wanted to compress time to fool death, while this one froze time to become immortal), while the Cloud of Darkness wanted to return the world to the void. FF II had emperor Mathews and his army trying to take over the world. In FF I, Garland and Chaos, both with almost to no back story at all. XIII had... Dysley and *not going to spoil it for those who didn't finish the game*. Both with twisted reasons like kill everyone to summon the creator and get a fresh start.
    I have a confession to make: I never played FF X, but i kinda know the story, but i can't say much about Jetch and Sin.

Thanks
    EP Points

Why don't they keep all their fans happy and release a sequel to FFVII every year?

Thanks

If you appease your fans all the time, they're less likely to buy your stuff when it's garbage. If you tempt your fans with a possible remake with the requirement of buying said garbage, you'll get a lot more money in the long run without having to make quality stuff. They really have no excuse pending greed to remake FF7 or Chrono Trigger. That's pretty much why Front Mission 5 hasn't officially come to the U.S. . FM4 sucked beyond belief, so they are holding FM5 hostage until they can produce some other PoS (like Front Mission Evolved) and tempt us with the possibility of U.S. release.

Of course, I would prefer they just make subtitles for English on all their games. It'll make it easier to port and you won't need to hire bad voice actors. I don't know about you, but I would prefer to not mute my games due to crappy VO work.

------In regards to the initial post: It does not concern me since they'll continue to make characters who would be laughable in real life, regardless of how fast they make it. Give me characters who don't look like tools and I'll consider buying it brand new.

Thanks

Final Fantasy is wonderful. I want one every month.

Thanks

I have to agree with the guy on Eurogamer, if this gets Final Fantasy XIII Versus released sometime soon I'm all for it.
    Living life without doing what you want, now that's just a recipe for misery