Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Definitive list of PSP-compatible systems?

Thanks

Default Definitive list of PSP-compatible systems?

Looking for a complete list of systems that are compatible with the PSP. I am hearing differing things regarding which (games') systems are readily available for this machine. I am a DS/Virtual Boy/Nomad man myself, but I am hearing only good things about the PSPs; "Monster of Emulation", "Powerhouse", etc.
    We have 50 or so GBA games on it right now, and some PSP game where you need to guide a large egg around to musical beats - I forget the name now - ?

I'm assuming that Sega's Master System and Genesis are readily available, but what about other systems that folks have had success with?

Do the ROMs solely occupy the system's memory itself, or do they go the memory card route? (People have helped me with this here, but my wife did 85% of it, so I'm not fully aware...) I have no problem buying a dozen or more of those SD chips....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They go onto the memory card. There's usually the ROMs folder inside the Emulator's folder. I'm not sure about Mega Drive emulators, as I've never tried one on the PSP (Silly me ) , but I think it's the same. The GBA emulation on it is near perfect, while I'm waiting for a similar kind of emulation on the Android.
    The maximum the PSP can do is Mario 64 on the N64, but it goes a bit slow. But what it can emulate perfectly, even better than the original console is the native PS1 emulator.

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    They go onto the memory card. There's usually the ROMs folder inside the Emulator's folder. I'm not sure about Mega Drive emulators, as I've never tried one on the PSP (Silly me ) , but I think it's the same. The GBA emulation on it is near perfect, while I'm waiting for a similar kind of emulation on the Android.
    The maximum the PSP can do is Mario 64 on the N64, but it goes a bit slow. But what it can emulate perfectly, even better than the original console is the native PS1 emulator.
    OK...cool...I follow, so far....

What other systems? Neo Geo Pocket? Atari Lynx? NES? DreamCast? Saturn? Game Gear/MS? PC ENGINE?? (YAY for PCE!!)

What I'd LOVE the most of all would be to be able to play specific PSX games on this: Dino Crisis, RE, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider 2, Clock Tower, WILD ARMS, etc....etc....

The PSP can certainly run PSX games if it can run PSP games, right? (Arent PSP games closer to PS2 games, in terms of BALLS?)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Oh yeah, of course
    Most of th 8-32 bit consoles, the PSP can emulate pretty well. And yes, you can run them PS1 games perfectly, all you need is a converter (there are a lot of PS1 games converted to PSP, so you probably won't need that) and a hacked PSP and your'e good to go.

Steam|Youtube

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Englebert3rd View Post
    Oh yeah, of course
    Most of th 8-32 bit consoles, the PSP can emulate pretty well. And yes, you can run them PS1 games perfectly, all you need is a converter (there are a lot of PS1 games converted to PSP, so you probably won't need that) and a hacked PSP and your'e good to go.
    Ah! What is a 'converter'? We have one of the PSPs hacked, all set there....

These are crucial:

Silent Hill
    Dino Crisis and DC 2
    Tomb Raider 2

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Steam|Youtube

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Dreamcast and Saturn are a no go

There is more than just emulators though

The PSP has a good number of FPS ports e.g. DooM

The PSP has a version of SCUMMVM aswell that will let you play a large sellection of Point N Click Adventure games like Monkey Island/Sam & Max Hit the Road and many many more

There is a ton of Homebrew on it of various sorts

Also there is more than consoles emulated, there are a number of various computer systems emulated including the Sharp X8600 and the Nec PC98 both are very cool Jap Comps with a small number of English games and a couple of translated games, the jap games are also great but obviouly in Japanese but a few are still playable without knowing jap, other comps would include Amiga, MSX & a bunch of 8 bit computers like the ZX Spectrum/Comadore 64 ect...

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

I am now playing Silent Hill on a PSP Fat! SILENT friggin HILL!!

Thanks a million, guys! This place ROCKS!

Zorlon, yeah...never thought of those, man....love Doom, love many PC games as a matter of fact...

Englebert, I now know how to download those Dino Crisis games up there ^, but as to putting it on the PSP, well, I'm not quite there yet....and my wife just left for work...

Thanks again, M8s!

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

you put the folder for the game in the PSP/Game folder

e.g. if DinoCrisis EBOOT.PBP is in a folder called DinoCrisis that folder needs to be on the memstick within the PSP folder witrhin the Game folder

e.g if the memstick is drive Y
    Y:/PSP/Game/DinoCrisis/EBOOT.PBP
    Last edited by Zorlon; 19th-November-2011 at 20:06.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    you put the folder for the game in the PSP/Game folder

e.g. if DinoCrisis EBOOT.PBP is in a folder called DinoCrisis that folder needs to be on the memstick within the PSP folder witrhin the Game folder

e.g if the memstick is drive Y
    Y:/PSP/Game/DinoCrisis/EBOOT.PBP
    ^ Tried this, man. Said something about "already exists/would I like to over-write?".....ughhh....I dont want to MESS with anything that she might have already set-UP for me....I'm a friggin BAD butterfingers with this shit, brother...

Someone had mentioned about the 'missing' buttons from the PSX/PSP configuration - ? Thing is, unless I'm WAY out of practice, I cant seem to use the damned ATTACK button in Silent hill! What GIVES, amigos?!

I hit the one button that brings up that 'text' screen, but to be honest, that screen scares the piss outta me....afraid that I will 'ALTER' the game in a horrible way if I F' with things at all!

(Double posting, sorry..)

Could someone please (again) re-size these or do what you have to do to make them more 'manageable'?

Zorlon, Kouen; here it is guys, you two are 90% responsible for this:

I nearly died...still cant believe it... HOW could it actually look BETTER than I remember from nearly 20 years ago??

BOMBass GBA games - around 70 or so of 'em!!

For the hell of it, here is the Beagle getting ready to chew on some "Delicious Slop" caramel bar!
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 20th-November-2011 at 01:16.

Thanks

Remember that some PSX games will not be fully conpatible with the firmware version you might be using (FFVIII was a complete pain in the ass until I modified the eboot properly) at least thats what happens with M33 5.00-6 firmware I'm using but installing popsloader works wonders for psx eboots, and if you'r the crafty type you can also costumize the icons and launching screen for the eboots using the converter program.

Let your cosmo burn bright!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa01 View Post
    Remember that some PSX games will not be fully conpatible with the firmware version you might be using (FFVIII was a complete pain in the ass until I modified the eboot properly) at least thats what happens with M33 5.00-6 firmware I'm using but installing popsloader works wonders for psx eboots, and if you'r the crafty type you can also costumize the icons and launching screen for the eboots using the converter program.
    I see. Well, I understood about 40% of that, sadly. "Eboots", "M333s", and "Popsloaders" - ?!? What the F'?!

I'll have to cross that bridge if/when I come to it....I'm very particular when it comes to my PSX games, and out of the 50 or so that I'll need, none of them are JRPGs....

What others would give an amateur any trouble? If a game requires 'modifications' or 'patches', I dunno....

Thanks

If I remember correctly last time I played Dino crisis 2 nearing the end of the game the game would frezze forcing me to launch the game again on different popsloader version to play trough that last part. but this also depend on what converter was used to create the eboot and if its signed as well as your custom firmware, the best you can do is play and hope there are no glitches or lags and if you encounter any then seek a solution, which would then be either patches or popsloader

Let your cosmo burn bright!

Thanks

This must be whats happening....she downloaded Dino Crisis for me last night, but she said that it was "weird and sluggish", like something was wrong/missing from the game...

Any ideas on how to FIX this?

Dunno ANYthing about 'popsloaders' or 'patches'....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by GradyWilson View Post
    This must be whats happening....she downloaded Dino Crisis for me last night, but she said that it was "weird and sluggish", like something was wrong/missing from the game...

Any ideas on how to FIX this?

Dunno ANYthing about 'popsloaders' or 'patches'....
    Popsloader is basically like an archive of the old versions of the emulator on the PSP. You choose the pops or file corresponding to the compatible version. Usually you have to guess, but if you google, there's a popsloader wiki.
    It's used to increase compatibility. Talking about Dino Crisis, I always had problems on the PSP with it. I finished it on the PS1, anyway.

Steam|Youtube