Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Those games that make you fly into a murderous rage and want to destroy your consoles

Thanks

Exclamation Those games that make you fly into a murderous rage and want to destroy your consoles

We've all played on such game at some point in our life. I know recently Prinny 2 Dawn Of Operation Panties, Dood had me slurring insults at my PSP screen for about 2 hours straight, before I snapped and threw it at the wall (luckily it didn't break lol...).

So yeah post about those games that turn you into some savage beast, maybe people will go and experience it themselves haha
    I promise not to troll you... If you surrender the cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    The world isn't going to end in 2012, the fucking internet is. Goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    ... You actually think that most of the people who don't like FFVII do so because of the graphics? Really?

MIND = BLOWN

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

None? they are just games..

Thanks

Does getting pissed at people I'm playing with for being slackjawed idiots count?

If so, Killing Floor. Oh god, Killing Floor. Please to be not wandering off by yourself and getting killed, then whining about us not backing you up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

JUMP JUMP SLIDE SLIDE WILY 1 from Mega Man 8 made me want to break my controller after dying for about 40 times.

Thanks
    EP Points

Prinny and jak 3, that is all

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    If so, Killing Floor. Oh god, Killing Floor. Please to be not wandering off by yourself and getting killed, then whining about us not backing you up.
    You must have the worst luck with teammates like that. Not wandering off alone is like Killing Floor Survival 101.

Anyway, some games have frustrated me before, yeah. But frustration is the strongest word I'd use. Actual rage? Nah. And I'd personally never throw my handheld at a wall or damage my console/PC in any way. I mean, geez. That shit cost money.
    Last edited by Gare; 3rd-November-2011 at 12:46.

Thanks

When you're a child, the whole of retro gaming, at least 16-bit and prior. Which I still love to this day, but man were a lot of those aggravating...

Thanks
    EP Points

I agree with Cookie and Gare, I've never actually been in a furious rage over a game. I mean sure, we've all had games that we get stuck on and get frustrated over, but I take it as a hint that I need to take a break from the game. I come back a bit later (it could be an hour/day/week), and somehow, I usually end up getting unstuck.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    How about killing the Flesh Pounds with a Katana? It's not a rageful game. I mainly play it for fun.
    Fear Effect actually made me rage for the unresponiveness of the comands. It disappointed me. Also have to say pre-patched Mafia's race. My GOD. OH MY GOD!

Check my YouTube for gameplay and pickup videos!

Steam|Youtube

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ninja Gaiden (old and new). But everyone knows that.

Thanks

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite made me smash my PSP-2000 into a wall and breaking it's analog stick.I never played on it since then.

Reason:I forget which boss,but fighting that made me pretty pissed off after wasting all my gold,time and effort to try beating it up,only to die at the worst possible time:When the boss was just 1 hit away from dieing.

Put yourself in that situation:what would you do?
    Last edited by jm_samiley; 3rd-November-2011 at 16:12.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Soul Calibur makes me swear like a sailor.

And Tekken 5. Jinpachi. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I wouldn't destroy my console over a game, Nowdays, I may just say "what a fucking whorebitchcuntslut" then I try to beat the level.

If I don't, oh well, lol

Thanks
    EP Points

Mafia - race
    Psi Ops - burning bitch boss
    Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy - mining carts

Those made me angry but I'm not into destroying my hardware.

Thanks
    EP Points

I wouldn't say I ever get particularly angry at games these days. They're just a bit of fun for me, and the second a game becomes a chore I'll drop it. If I'm going to stress out over something, there are plenty more productive things to stress out over.

A game that used to make me rage as a kid, though, was Eternal Champions on the Mega Drive. Not because of the regular game, but because of the unbelievably broken last boss fight. The last boss has an attack that makes him invincible for a set period. He can use this attack at will, and sometimes the AI decides to use it several times on the trot. When this happens, it's as good as game over. There is literally nothing you can do. If you attack, his attacks will always beat yours thanks to his invincibility. If you block, he'll throw you, which is uninterruptable thanks to his invincibility. If you try and stay in the air, he has a range of moves that will take you out of it and kill you in a matter of seconds.

In short, the only way to win against the boss is to exploit holes in its crappy AI and keep hitting it with the same move, or exploit a glitch that allows you to corner an enemy and throw them endlessly. Neither of which are satisfying in the slightest, and both of which are quite easy to screw up. And the real kicker? You get two tries. Two. If you lose twice, it's a bad ending and you have to fight through every character in the game again just to try him twice more. Oh, and this is only the boss's first form. He has four more. Which are all super-hard if somewhat less broken. And you don't even get a full health bar for each. :'D Fun for all the family.