Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS2 ESR softmod ultimate guide and compatability list (Updates)

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

thats why this would serve as an updates thread

I know it could do with a thread to post users results into anyway

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    thats why this would serve as an updates thread

I know it could do with a thread to post users results into
    I floated the idea of giving me individual section powers for Console FAQ to Sprung.

Do you want me to add the titles from the Blackmage list to this one?
    Last edited by Slacker Magician; 22nd-October-2011 at 17:25.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are willing to do updates in the Console FAQs section I could maybe arange that for you, but this would need to be talked about in the admin lounge, although yes I probobly do as I please, I'm not going to act alone on something like this.

I been thinking that there could be some help in some of the guides that do indeed get updates from time to time, though admittedly I do like things done a certain way... but if you have seen alot of my work you would of guessed that anyway

My afore mentioned guide does still need alot of work though anyway if only to re-add the missing files, I could also do it so there are region packs for NTSC-U, PAL-E and NTSC-J consoles for the ESR/DVD files needed, this would cut out a bit of the guide aswell (bonus) I also want to add Codebreaker to it aswell that gets asked for from time to time for not only cheats but also a safe way to backup saves.
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2011 at 18:12.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you are willing to do updates in the Console FAQs section I could maybe arange that for you, but this would need to be talked about in the admin lounge, although yes I probobly do as I please, I'm not going to act alone on something like this.

I been thinking that there could be some help in some of the guides that do indeed get updates from time to time, though admittedly I do like things done a certain way... but if you have seen alot of my work you would of guessed that anyway

My afore mentioned guide does still need alot of work though anyway if only to re-add the missing files, I could also do it so there are region packs for NTSC-U, PAL-E and NTSC-J consoles for the ESR/DVD files needed, this would cut out a bit of the guide aswell (bonus) I also want to add Codebreaker to it aswell that gets asked for from time to time for not only cheats but also a safe way to backup saves.
    Codebreaker

If you haven't added them already, the ESR patcher, and the PAL-NTSC/NTSC-PAL patchers should probably be added. I just use uLaunch to back up my saves.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ulaunch will screw up some saves

most saves are fine using that method but there are a few that become corrupt using that method also

don't ask me why it just does... I think one of the GTA games goes corrupt from that method.. don't remember exactly from the top of my head

I don't know how you have your Codebreaker set up.. but mine was set to boot automaticly when you pop in an ESR patched DVD and to boot a game directly all I need to do is remove the USB stick it is stored on and then insert the ESR patched DVD
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2011 at 18:32.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ulaunch will screw up some saves

most saves are fine using that method but there are a few that become corrupt using that method also

don't ask me why it just does... I think one of the GTA games goes corrupt from that method.. don't remember exactly from the top of my head
    Codebreaker has never recognized any of my flash drives (I've tried five different brands).

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I must admit it is picky like that

Time permitting I will add codebreaker and any other files directly on our server

PAL to NTSC and vice versa is just not a good idea in general as it can cause problems in alot of games making alot of them have sync issues and in some cases just freeze up totally

The best thing to do is only grab games from the same region your TV can handle if it can't handle NTSC or PAL even beter atleast for us PAL users is to grab a RGB SCART cable, that enables NTSC to display in colour on PAL TV sets (AV to RGB SCART will not work though it must be a proper RGB SCART not an adaptor)

Some PAL games do have a 60Hz option though so NTSC users can get away with those

Action Replay MAX may work a but beter with more USB sticks though if ESR patched the cheat system will not work but other parts may still work, like the save backup thing

The original Action Replay will also corrupt some saves though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 22nd-October-2011 at 18:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

the snes emulator coco uploaded

Codebreaker 10 DVD vers. doesnt work

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

List has been updated. It was decided that the Black Tower list wouldn't be merged with the EP list.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Unless you ask and get the ok from the guy/girl/guys/girls or whatever that look after that list then no

I for one already know what it is like to have my work found on a site I had not personly posted it on or given the ok to do so

I actually got an appology for this at the time and he only links my guide now (the Dreamcast one for VGA compat I'm talking about) the guy was perfectly fine with it in the end, but if I was asked in the first place I know I would of been fine with it for him to have a full copy on his lil site

Personly I like the idea that the compat is from personal tests from our own members anyway

P.S. the games/discs that have no thanks on the end are tested by myself... I'm not going to pat myself on the back
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-October-2011 at 18:11.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    EP Points

one piece round the land NTSC-J works
    Hot wheels Stunt tracks NTSCU works with a strange black border around it
    Shining tears NTSCU works

Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Edited thread tittle and a lil of the first post, please let me know if you want anything else changing or anything changing back if needs be

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Edited thread tittle and a lil of the first post, please let me know if you want anything else changing or anything changing back if needs be
    Looks good to me.

List updated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Fatal frame NTSC-U works
    Maximo army of Zin NTSCU works
    Gitarooman NTSCU Boots up and gets into the game but the notes don't appear (thus unplayable)
    Tetris worlds CD to DVD NTSCU works

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Updated the list days ago, forgot to post.