Thread: Ps2slim not reading disc, NOT disc read error. Details inside.

Thanks

Default Ps2slim not reading disc, NOT disc read error. Details inside.

Simply put the ps2 is not seeing the disc when i close the lip, it will not spin up or try to read, now if i put pressure by pushing down near the back of the ps2 it starts reading and spinning till i let go, it was just working, any ideals whats wrong?

Honestly i think my girlfriend knocked if off the dresser or something while i was at work and isn't telling me lol.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Dodgy sensor problem?

So if you apply pressure constantly does it read a disc ok?

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bad Sensor part easy to fix.

Open it up pop the top off look at the back there is a little switch there, get some bluetac or sticky tape and tape it down dont worry the ps2 slim needs 2 of these switches to start the disc.

Then close it back up and try it again should work ok now

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kouen Hasuki For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Dodgy sensor problem?

So if you apply pressure constantly does it read a disc ok?
    Yes it dose, i guess ill have to open it up see what i can find out.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Thanks

bump, my ps2 is a scph-75001 model, so how many senors dose it have? im thinking it has the 3rd under the hinge maybe i dont know, if its not getting pressed and i got to open it up and tape it down ill be killin two birds here cause im all set to install mcboot so i need to tape them down anyway, anyone got a good pic i can use for a ref, or i good guide that works for my model?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shiozaki View Post
    bump, my ps2 is a scph-75001 model, so how many senors dose it have? im thinking it has the 3rd under the hinge maybe i dont know, if its not getting pressed and i got to open it up and tape it down ill be killin two birds here cause im all set to install mcboot so i need to tape them down anyway, anyone got a good pic i can use for a ref, or i good guide that works for my model?
    to my memory 2 and a disc brake one you wont need to worry about (if your facing the front of the ps2) back and a little to the left other is right in the corner above the power button

Thanks

well ok thank you, all is well i taped down the switch under the hinge, so im happy, now i have a new problem the demo i used for the swap trick to install mcboot didnt work and i cant find my copy of 007, is there a list of game it work for?

Thanks
    EP Points

shiozaki if you check the thread in my sig you can get someone to install it for you, i find its much simpler, and its free all you do is pay for the shipping, we have 2 members that install in the USA so it wont cost to much i believe
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks

Thank you for the offer but i went out and got a copy of agent under fire for like 3 bucks and it worked like i charm, not i just got to learn how to work the thing, i have the need apps im just unsure how they work, loading a back up is my first goal.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

PS2 ESR softmod ultimate guide and compatability list (please-wait-WIP)

The above is worth a read, you are half way there by the sounds of it anyway

P.S. the guide itself is in tact but the files are currently missing due to the forum going down a while back

Still usable but you will need to find the files yourself

Files needed from what I remember

DVDPLx
    ESR
    BxEXEC-DVDPLAYER

I'm guessing you already have the uLaunch elf on the FMCB memory card

Look at post 2 first for details on what files are needed and the location they need to be on the USB device

Next...

Look at Post 4 and instruction 7 "7.Now reset the PS2 and start uLaunch again"

from that point you are installing ESR files
    Last edited by Zorlon; 9th-October-2011 at 19:52.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

thank you for the help, I do believe ESR is installed, i used this guide http://freemcboot.info/noobie.html now its the noobie guide and i feel using it has handie capped me, if i would have used the advance and set it up properly id know more about what i have installed, all i do know it the only apps that are installed are what were in with that guide.

I honestly had not real reason to do this soft mod, just to see if i could, i still have questions tho.

How do i load up legit imports?

How to load games from an external HDD i hear its different for a slim.

So i hear all games backups need patched to play, this true? seems kind odd
    Can i just like patch a copy of swap magic and use it to load games instead of having to patch them all?

Again thanks for the help, lol kinda hijacked my own thread lol.
    Last edited by Shiozaki; 10th-October-2011 at 00:53.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Imports can be played via swapmagic

Yes all DVD backups need ESR patched, but if you use swapmagic then no most games will boot with that fine with no patching

PS2 slim can only use USB HDD's and the compat isn't great and the speed is horrible
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-October-2011 at 05:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Well I don't have a copy if swap magic you see, I was asking if I use free mcboot to boot a copy of swap magic will if boot games ? Odd question I know .

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can use the swapmagic elf via McBoot

Also you might get away with just booting a codebreaker elf though aswell to play imports, or even one of the action replay's I have yet to test those and that would be a beter method of booting original Imports and saves doing any disc swop/swap
    Last edited by Zorlon; 10th-October-2011 at 16:44.

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]