Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashamed of being a gamer?

Thanks

It depends, thoes closest to me know I love video games, but if im writing an application or speaking to someone i just met, i usually don't say anything until later.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't feel the need to keep the fact that I'm a gamer quiet from anyone, with the possible exception of my gran. And that's mostly because she goes on wild, slightly insane rants over EVERYTHING. Might as well avoid setting the poor dear off, wot?

Barring that, I don't really have any issues. Yeah, mum doesn't like gaming and sometimes gets annoyed by my talking about it, so I restrain myself there, but that's just common courtesy. She doesn't care, so why should she have to listen to me about it every two seconds of every day?

Thanks

the only way u should be ashamed is if u have no friends, no social life and never had a girl friend if yer over the age of 16

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

I've only got one gamer friend outside of EP, so its only ever really discussed with him. However since I noticed Dan and such actually posting comments on facebook about such things I feel alittle more confident mentioning such things in public. I dont bore my friends about it though because I know they have no interest, and I'd expect them not to bore me with their own bullshit hobbies either.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by White Zombie View Post
    the only way u should be ashamed is if u have no friends, no social life and never had a girl friend if yer over the age of 16
    How do you gauge social life? Teens and young adults seem to spend more time on Facebook than they do hanging out in person.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

ME? I'm hardcore! I play games in my sleep. I remember once some one came into th room and recorded me doing just that and in the video I saw he asked "how his he doing so well? He's asleep! Oh my god! He just killed a boss in his sleep." I was playing Castlevania Symphony of the night on my brother's Xbox 360. Then he asked me to do that while playing Megaman 9. Sounds creepy but I was dubed "No. 1 In his neighborhood" That day. So I not ashamed to be a "Gamer" It's Highly tolerated Here!

Pickles is offline dagnabbit! These dad-gum kids and their new-fangled gizzy-moes!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    How do you gauge social life? Teens and young adults seem to spend more time on Facebook than they do hanging out in person.
    Eeeeasy chewie.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I've only got one gamer friend outside of EP, so its only ever really discussed with him. However since I noticed Dan and such actually posting comments on facebook about such things I feel alittle more confident mentioning such things in public. I dont bore my friends about it though because I know they have no interest, and I'd expect them not to bore me with their own bullshit hobbies either.
    Yeah most of my Facebook friends don't care, but I don't care. If they don't like what I post they know where the unfriend button is.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Here in the Philippines, being a "gamer" is not about being passionate about games, it's a matter of being "trendy" and being "in" and I'm not like that, I'm ashamed of it.

But if being a gamer is being all about gaming and that's it, I'm not! I'm proud of being a gamer, and I could crush a Korean MMORPG fanboy at any time.

My wai-fu, among many other wai-fu, and they are my current favorite. What? Too nerdy? Well, I think it is.
    The Four Eyed Squire LP channel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Yeah most of my Facebook friends don't care, but I don't care. If they don't like what I post they know where the unfriend button is.
    I enjoy being able to talk to people about games, except when they try to over sell them to me by about £390.

Thanks
    EP Points

I enjoy being able to talk to people about games, except when they try to over sell them to me by about £390.
    So you'd pay £10 + give me your sister for it?

Thanks

So you'd pay £10 + give me your sister for it?
    Absolutely, be warned though, she's not good for much.

Thanks
    EP Points

Absolutely, be warned though, she's not good for much.
    I'm sure I'd find a use.

OK, that was too Raypey.

Thanks

I'm sure I'd find a use.

OK, that was too Raypey.
    Way too raypey.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm sure I'd find a use.

OK, that was too Raypey.
    Aren't you supposed to be in some kind of relationship ?

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.