Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft at risk

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonised View Post
    actually they have failed to tap the traditional market with the old gamers games should be fun and be able to be played without having to waggle your remote or risk of injury that is why I see the wii as a failure we have a wii but we dont play it at all the kids have only played it 5 times and me only once I get more use out of the 360 than the wii.
    Great one of those idiots.

If there wasnt a market for "casual gaming" wouldnt their sales be below Xbox and PS3?
    You fail at growing a brain. Same shit with WoW, "hardcore gamers vs casual" Hardcore gamers will sit there and go OMFG THIS IS FAIL, yet, if its failing why is it still working? 40% of the market isnt failing, learn to understand that.

Thanks

Wii may be succeeding in console sales but i doubt their games are selling well, the Wii is by far the easiest console to mod all you need is some programs and a USB and there are even tutorials on youtube..
    Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jv7TrYpqkg There are countless videos!
    However to do the PS3 Or XBox 360 there is a lot more effort required and if you do either of those you lose all of your online privledges in a matter of days (Microsoft scans your xbox not sure about sony though)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jase View Post
    Great one of those idiots.

If there wasnt a market for "casual gaming" wouldnt their sales be below Xbox and PS3?
    You fail at growing a brain. Same shit with WoW, "hardcore gamers vs casual" Hardcore gamers will sit there and go OMFG THIS IS FAIL, yet, if its failing why is it still working? 40% of the market isnt failing, learn to understand that.
    There are two sides to this argument, I believe. The Wii certainly can in no way be classed a failure. It is a highly popular and best-selling console. However, it does (in my OPINION) rely rather too much on its gimmick of the wiimote. The games I've enjoyed the most on the Wii were, ironically, the games that I could play using the classic controller. I read a news report some time ago that stated that, while the Wii consoles sell extremely well, most people simply don't touch it anymore after a very short while of active use. Given my own experience, I'm willing to believe this to a certain extent. I'm sure it doesn't go for 100% of the userbase, but I wouldn't be surprised if a large part of the buyers were, in fact, members of this category.

(no, I'm not going to provide backup evidence. This is from what I know and from what I've heard. Feel free to take it however you wish )

On the subject of WoW - I think the community there is pretty much poisoned by those idiots. Take the latest patch news for example. They add in transmogrification (very much desired), void storage (thank god. I've got 17 sets I want to store away ), the Deathwing raid, AND 3 new instances. And now those whiny shitheads are crying that they're releasing it too bloody SOON.

"BLIZZ WHY U NO GIV CONTENT!"

"Okay, have 4.3 info. It'll take a while and we don't even have a patchdate, but we th-"

"BLIZZ U FAIL U RELEASE DETHWING TO QUIK!"

While I very much enjoy WoW, I also very much loathe the general forum userbase.

Thanks
    EP Points

I only will say that Nintendo let me down this come around with the Wii. I still continue to get some enjoyment out of my Wii but that's on the point of downloading my games instead of actually buying them. I get enjoyment out of the DS but I still feel that it's because of ability to play the games (Acekard2i). I bought a 3DS and I hope Nintendo brings a large amount of support for their handheld in the software department.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    I only will say that Nintendo let me down this come around with the Wii. I still continue to get some enjoyment out of my Wii but that's on the point of downloading my games instead of actually buying them. I get enjoyment out of the DS but I still feel that it's because of ability to play the games (Acekard2i). I bought a 3DS and I hope Nintendo brings a large amount of support for their handheld in the software department.
    Huh.. So you download games? Why not show Nintendo some support and actually buy the games that you enjoyed? Instead of downloading them and ripping them off.. That's pissing on a company right there. If your curious as to if you like a game or not you can look up trailers, or watch game play videos. If that's enough to get you going for a game, then go for it.

This goes for any corporation or company really.. I understand that its sometimes a pisser to have to buy games, but its an ongoing cycle that'll get better with the help of some good old fashion "fan support."

The way I see it:
    1. You buy a game you think/know you'd enjoy
    2. They make money
    3. They invest said money to make more games
    4. ??????
    5. Profits all around.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by knightshade View Post
    I myself like pc, but if not on a P.C. I prefer sony systems they just have the better games IMO. I play mainly rpg's. but on the note of PS3 and their PSN being free as well as the piracy lets not forget that the ps3 can have jailbreaking done as well as the attacks by anon a few months back,and playstations poor response i.e. waiting to the last minute to tell the customers your personal info might have been stolen.
    that is sure to hurt sony's console sales.
    so in summary.

I like sony systems.
    psn is free.
    xbox live is not.
    psn has been hacked.
    so has xbox live.
    microsoft dealt swiftly and efficiently with the problem.
    sony did not.
    and the piracy argument is null and void as given enough time any system can be modded and the games pirated.
    When was xbox live hacked?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLINKY View Post
    It was hacked in 2007 not sure exactly when or how extensive the damage was, i didn't play online that year.
    It was hacked very recently as well, however the online capabilities weren't taken down which is why when PSN was hacked it got a-lot of attention
    no online=ANGRY GAMERS!!!!!!
    Recent Hacking story: http://techmento.com/2011/06/18/xbox...counts-leaked/
    I believe that answers your question

Thanks

well wii is totally not a failure as once hacked the console , u got tons of things to do like getting wii games into the hdd , watch movie ( white wii which is before 2010) or play virtual console and wiiware under nand emulation or also can play emulator if the game is not on vc ..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rodabaughwf View Post
    Huh.. So you download games? Why not show Nintendo some support and actually buy the games that you enjoyed? Instead of downloading them and ripping them off.. That's pissing on a company right there. If your curious as to if you like a game or not you can look up trailers, or watch game play videos. If that's enough to get you going for a game, then go for it.

This goes for any corporation or company really.. I understand that its sometimes a pisser to have to buy games, but its an ongoing cycle that'll get better with the help of some good old fashion "fan support."

The way I see it:
    1. You buy a game you think/know you'd enjoy
    2. They make money
    3. They invest said money to make more games
    4. ??????
    5. Profits all around.
    As far as the buying of the games goes I personally have owned each of the Nintendo 1st party titles on the console and just overall felt let down by this generation of Nintendo consoles (goes for both Wii and DS) they have gotten my money a couple of times over on these games (I have bought at the least two or more copies of each of the games). My biggest issue was that as far as the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube were concerned I didn't really find a game I didn't like on those systems where as the Wii and the DS just feels more like a shovelware console (Wii more-so than DS). I may stand accused of downloading but the games I have downloaded and "bootlegged" for the Wii as previously mentioned I have owned. Take now for instance right now I own a 3DS and even if a flashcard were to come out it would be highly unlikely that i would purchase it. I just hope that Nintendo picks themselves up from a lackluster launch and gives us a nice amount of titles to choose from and buy.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLINKY View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaed View Post
    It was hacked in 2007 not sure exactly when or how extensive the damage was, i didn't play online that year

here's a link to that story http://playsquad.commongate.com/post...ccounts_stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Slaed View Post
    It was hacked very recently as well, however the online capabilities weren't taken down which is why when PSN was hacked it got a-lot of attention
    no online=ANGRY GAMERS!!!!!!
    Recent Hacking story: http://techmento.com/2011/06/18/xbox...counts-leaked/
    I believe that answers your question
    thank you because x-box never took their online down most people don't even remember it was hacked.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lordrand11 View Post
    As far as the buying of the games goes I personally have owned each of the Nintendo 1st party titles on the console and just overall felt let down by this generation of Nintendo consoles (goes for both Wii and DS) they have gotten my money a couple of times over on these games (I have bought at the least two or more copies of each of the games). My biggest issue was that as far as the Nintendo 64 and Gamecube were concerned I didn't really find a game I didn't like on those systems where as the Wii and the DS just feels more like a shovelware console (Wii more-so than DS). I may stand accused of downloading but the games I have downloaded and "bootlegged" for the Wii as previously mentioned I have owned. Take now for instance right now I own a 3DS and even if a flashcard were to come out it would be highly unlikely that i would purchase it. I just hope that Nintendo picks themselves up from a lackluster launch and gives us a nice amount of titles to choose from and buy.
    Yeah, besides first party, this generation isn't doing too hot for Nintendo. I never got to play too many games when the N64 was kicking. All I remember playing was Rayman 2, mario kart 64, super smash bros, and megaman 64.. We owned a Gamecube as soon as it came out.

So it is agreed, Wii has a lot of shovelware .. I'm hoping its a different story for Wii U

As a fellow 3DS owner, I too am worried about what nintendo has in store. From what I hear they're supposedly going to announce a "really huge" title. As for now I'm looking forward to Luigis Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Beyond the Labyrinth, Starfox 64 3D(I'll get to try that for the first time, my brother was heavily into it.) Sonic Generations, Heroes of Ruin, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus.. Most of which will be first day buys for me. I also have the ambassadors program to look forward to.

All I have to do is wait patiently..

Thanks
    EP Points

ok first off, micros**t is relying on thier new windows 7 phone or whatever (they are relying on all the casual gamers which is why ps3 has actual games and not arcade style or westernized games which suck in my oppion which doesnt matter to any of you). second, it doesnt matter how well a system is doing in sales, its the fact how often they break down. example, after your exbox360 breaks down and it costs more to repair than to replace? simple, get the arcade version which is the cheapest xbox360. though i have to say nintendo is my favorite as they saved me 100 dollars on a problem with the dsi case which i got fixed for free. i highly doubt sony or microsoft would do that for anyone lol

Thanks

@Garrendesares

Okay so youll end up spending money to get your xbox fixed thats only if it isn't under warranty still, Second i don't think any (single) repairs cost more than $100 which is less than a new xbox360, my xbox recently had its laser die its been just over 3 years, nothing lasts for ever and everything is built so that it will break eventually (its all about the money). Oh and the arcade xbox 360 is the worst one out there it has no hard drive....

Thanks

Say what you will about the Wii, but without it I wouldn't have been able to play some very excellent games, or at least ones I enjoyed for one reason or another. Muramasa, Fragile, Rune Factory, House of the Dead Overkill, No More Heroes, Madworld, battalion Wars 2, Xenoblade, Arc Rise Fantasia, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Monster Hunter Tri, Red Steel 2, Zack & Wiki, Little King's Story, Sin & Punishment... So many good games, all third party I think. so good though, so good.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rodabaughwf View Post
    Yeah, besides first party, this generation isn't doing too hot for Nintendo. I never got to play too many games when the N64 was kicking. All I remember playing was Rayman 2, mario kart 64, super smash bros, and megaman 64.. We owned a Gamecube as soon as it came out.

So it is agreed, Wii has a lot of shovelware .. I'm hoping its a different story for Wii U

As a fellow 3DS owner, I too am worried about what nintendo has in store. From what I hear they're supposedly going to announce a "really huge" title. As for now I'm looking forward to Luigis Mansion 2, Super Mario 3D Land, Beyond the Labyrinth, Starfox 64 3D(I'll get to try that for the first time, my brother was heavily into it.) Sonic Generations, Heroes of Ruin, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus.. Most of which will be first day buys for me. I also have the ambassadors program to look forward to.

All I have to do is wait patiently..
    I hope they do so as well. Maybe, just maybe we'll get a remade version of Super Smash Bros. from the N64 with a lot of new content in it. Dude you should really go and emulate a lot of the N64 games on PC. You are seriously missing out on some great ones.
    The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

- James Oliver Rigney Jr. aka Robert Jordan (God rest his Soul.) 10-17-1948 to 09-16-2007