Hello I'm new here

I am currently trying to play neo geo games on MAME OSX on mac, but it appears that it didn't show all of neo geo games only 2 or 3. I did some further research about MAME OSX and neo geo. It appears that I need a neo geo Bio file which I did download it and I put it on ROM file as I followed the instruction and that too didn't work as well. However I download a older version of MAME OSX well 6 games only showed up. (I didn't unzip games or bio files I just leave them as it is.)

I'm really confused.. there are reasons that some ROMs are out dated and doesnt work on a newer version of MAME emulator (which is why i downloaded older version.) Some people said that some roms requires CHD files... which I don't really understand how it works. Some people said rename the zip file according to MAME Library (which i did still not work)...

The only thing is that I'll have to play on Window rather than Mac. As MAME emulator on mac just don't work on Neo Geo games... could anyone tell why I can't play some neo geo games on MAME OSX...?