Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a call for a job, but I don't know what they do, Does anybody who they are?

Thanks
    EP Points

Question I got a call for a job, but I don't know what they do, Does anybody who they are?

Since Yahoo Answers is being gay, its apparently always unable to send my question, i guess i'll ask it here.

I got a call for a job, but I wasn't home to take the call. Its from West Inc. Their website doesn't have alot of info about them. They just say the work is easy and the job(s) are fun, but i suppose they would say that to sucker people in.....like me. Anyway, I put my resume into their site yesterday, and they called me today, which has me a bit suspicious. I can't find out what they do though, does anybody know?

here's their website.
    http://www.west-firm.com/index.html

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well, since there's a phone number at the top of that page, i'd start with that.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Indeed. Just call and ask.

If you wanna be sneaky about it, have someone else do it.

Edit: Also, an old swedish europop-group.

You could offer to fix their webpage by the way. Welcome to company name.

Edit 2: Also, * The initial phase of our company and where we require all our employees to begin and truly develop the understanding of our business approach.

* Account managers are trained to deal with customers face-to-face and to perform small business presentations.

* They adapt to a fast-paced marketing environment in a highly saturated commercial market. Sales are the foundation of any business, and our intention is to develop the strongest foundation in our team.
    Last edited by Elmdor Rizer; 8th-August-2011 at 17:05.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, yeah, their website is a bit odd. anyway, so they would just train me to be a manager, or is this general training and i'd have to find a job elsewhere?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like a scam.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhat young. I had one of these recently in the mail, not giving details. Turns out it was a scam to get desperate youths to act as sales people, which is a pretty awful job since it pays on how much you sell, effectively locking you into a terrible position with no steady pay.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Sounds like a scam.

If I remember correctly, you're somewhat young. I had one of these recently in the mail, not giving details. Turns out it was a scam to get desperate youths to act as sales people, which is a pretty awful job since it pays on how much you sell, effectively locking you into a terrible position with no steady pay.
    yeah, thats what i'm concerned with. I've had 3 other calls, but when i looked in them, they were this type of job. I couldn't do them anyways, since they are too far away, but now I like to do background checks when I get a call.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well... sale jobs usually aren't actual scams. As in, most jobs give you a chance to earn good money. The risk of failing might be big, but that's another thing. Don't go off selling Kirby vacuums though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, looking at their "fun facts", i say, I can't belive i called her back

WEST has promoted 3 managers to run nationwide offices...one in Phoenix, AZ, one in Cleveland, OH, and one in Charleston, SC

WEST is the only marketing firm in NW Ohio that markets AT&T U-Verse besides AT&T themselves.

In any given month, we convert about 400 AT&T customers over to the new fiber optics called U-verse.
    i'll end up in an office, telemarketing.

--edit--

well, the lady called back, and did a phone interview. It's further than what the site said, instead of being 15 minutes away, its a half hour away . Before i could ask what i do, the interview was over. So i guess i'll know Wednesday at 10:00am. Too bad i suck at directions, let alone, i've never been in that area before, so someone is going to have to drive me. I just hope I don't work that day, doubt it. She said dress nice and bring your resume.
    Last edited by lizard81288; 8th-August-2011 at 19:27.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah. So I used to work at this place an hour from home (didn't matter if I'd go by bike or bus, same time, stupidly enough), 10+ hours days, delivering mail in a part of town I had never set foot, and I have no sense of direction what-so-ever. Shit pay too. It was fine.

A lot of people *cough Jase cough* have it much worse than I had, you know. And the most money I've made (even on a bad month) was from telemarketing. Not that it didn't suck, but still.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lizard81288 View Post
    Well, looking at their "fun facts", i say, I can't belive i called her back

i'll end up in an office, telemarketing.

--edit--

well, the lady called back, and did a phone interview. It's further than what the site said, instead of being 15 minutes away, its a half hour away . Before i could ask what i do, the interview was over. So i guess i'll know Wednesday at 10:00am. Too bad i suck at directions, let alone, i've never been in that area before, so someone is going to have to drive me. I just hope I don't work that day, doubt it. She said dress nice and bring your resume.
    A resume, two phone calls, and an interview, and you STILL don't know what job you applied for?

You're already a terrible employee.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Sprung View Post
    A resume, two phone calls, and an interview, and you STILL don't know what job you applied for?

I feel like this could have been avoid by asking "What position am I applying for?" Then again, I've barely skimmed the thread, so that was probably said and done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bah, knowing what your job entails is overrated.*

*Except if you're a hooker or in a state of work where you can be shot. That's fairly important.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Yeah. So I used to work at this place an hour from home (didn't matter if I'd go by bike or bus, same time, stupidly enough), 10+ hours days, delivering mail in a part of town I had never set foot, and I have no sense of direction what-so-ever. Shit pay too. It was fine.

A lot of people *cough Jase cough* have it much worse than I had, you know. And the most money I've made (even on a bad month) was from telemarketing. Not that it didn't suck, but still.
    well, I have a horrible sense of direction as well. I only know the road I live on and thats it. The problem is, I use landmarks to travel, so thats how i got to college, but if someone asks for directions, and i know where they are going, I give them landmarks instead of street names.
    Anyway, the problem with using this method is, it takes almost an hour to get there, but on the highway, its about 30 minutes, which as far as i know, there aren't too many landmarks on the highway.

So what else did you do besides telemarketing & delivering?(I take it, it was for the one particular job.)

I was going to ask, but the chick said, "Well I guess we should wrap this up, I'm about to leave", So i didn't have the chance to do so. I've got a few questions to ask her, lol. Whats this job, Can i be promoted, and how many other people are gunning for this job, and do i get benefits or insurance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    Well... sale jobs usually aren't actual scams. As in, most jobs give you a chance to earn good money. The risk of failing might be big, but that's another thing. Don't go off selling Kirby vacuums though.
    I actually got conned into doing that when I was about 18. First it started out like any normal interview process. I asked them what I would be doing, they said I would be selling tools, and I said sure I'll give it a shot. Basically the scam was they loan you a vacuum on credit, you go and display it to people, at the time it was around an $1800 product, if you made a sell you got about $150 of it and the guy sitting back on the phone doing all of the purchase information made $500, and the company pocketed the rest of the profit. They buy those for around $600. Again, the guy doing all the work and initiative is the one who made the least amount of money out of the deal, which is why it was a scam. Those are not an easy sell for $1800. I made a wise ass comment to them saying they should include an attachment that does sexual favors for $1800 because that is more than a high dollar hooker.
    Last edited by crimsonedge; 9th-August-2011 at 04:39.

Thanks
    EP Points

I wanted to make this post, but I see that it has already been written for me.