Thread: ok so seting up a conection between my 360 and pc

Thanks

Default ok so seting up a conection between my 360 and pc

Soo this may be a dumb thing to ask but im having a hard time figuring it out, i want to stream movies to my 360 right, now i can connect the two threw my internet connection which is my rooted phone, it just seems slow idk, i want to setup i direct connection between two or at least the most ideal way of doing it.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Thanks
    Blog Entries

What I don't even? Where to start. Have you tried connecting said 360 and pc with an ethernet cable? You can also put videos, pictures, songs in the public folder which I think is what the xbox will pick up once you have made the connection and tried to find them on your console. The deal about the phone, I have no clue what your doing there unless you're tethering the connection (which would probably be slow depending on your plan I guess.)

Direct connection: ethernet from xbox to pc from there if you have a router you can bridge a connection like I do mine that way you can use pics, vids, etc from your comp and still go online via wireless card from your comp if the connection is bridged. (Use youtube if needed)

Other than that unless you want to go buy one of those 'mifi' devices then good luck trying to do whatever it is you're exactly trying to accomplish since you explained more than just needing a direct connection. Well I hoped I have answered your question, even if it's just a lengthy response.

BTW, I'm not sure if this would be the right place to start this kind of thread since it's not emulation related. So yeah it might get moved to the computer corner section.
    Last edited by Blue Electrona; 17th-July-2011 at 01:39.

Thanks

like i said, its was probally stupid to ask, but i ended up comfusing my self, idk long story, ill figure it out.
    http://www.epforums.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43070&dateline=118185  0205

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You can pop mpg's on a usb stick instead if you wanted, to get the most direct connection between PC and 360 is via a crossover or router, I presume you have via a router and yes it can be a bit slow and buggy as it can loose connection between PC and 360 too easy, a bit of a flawed feature to be honest, though when it works it works nice, other times it just locks

Going to 360 WiFi does not help you to be honest with wireless or without gets the same results
    Last edited by Zorlon; 18th-July-2011 at 08:38.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    You can pop mpg's on a usb stick instead if you wanted, to get the most direct connection between PC and 360 is via a crossover or router, I presume you have via a router and yes it can be a bit slow and buggy as it can loose connection between PC and 360 too easy, a bit of a flawed feature to be honest, though when it works it works nice, other times it just locks

Going to 360 WiFi does not help you to be honest with wireless or without gets the same results
    Streaming from my laptop to the 360 was always flawless for me. Never really had any connection issues at all. Same goes for the PS3 too...

I don't bother now though, I just play everything on my laptop beside me whilst in bed.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Streaming from my laptop to the 360 was always flawless for me. Never really had any connection issues at all. Same goes for the PS3 too...

I don't bother now though, I just play everything on my laptop beside me whilst in bed.
    Admit it has been beter in the past WMC is the more annoying one with connection issues all other connections seem to be spot on

WMC last time I used it worked great aswell but have seen it mess up just looking at the media available to play via PC, personly I hook my laptop up directly to my TV via VGA.. actually now I can use HDMI seen as I have atlast got a HD TV

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR