Thread: Were The Sega Channel Exclusive Roms ever dumped?

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Were The Sega Channel Exclusive Roms ever dumped?

So, I ordered an Everdrive for the Genesis and I want to know something.

As I kid, I used to play the Sega Channel over at my aunt's house and I remember there being games exclusive to the service, like the US version of Pulseman, The US Version of Mega Man: The Wily Wars, and Garfield: The Lost Levels. Did these ever get dumped somewhere? I don't remember ever seeing the roms for them....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by machomadness View Post
    So, I ordered an Everdrive for the Genesis and I want to know something.

As I kid, I used to play the Sega Channel over at my aunt's house and I remember there being games exclusive to the service, like the US version of Pulseman, The US Version of Mega Man: The Wily Wars, and Garfield: The Lost Levels. Did these ever get dumped somewhere? I don't remember ever seeing the roms for them....
    I don't think that any of the Sega Channel US exclusives were ever dumped. Although many of them were released in Europe. Megaman: The Wily Wars can be found on Emuparadise's main site. As well as Pulseman, which wasn't released outside of Japan but was fan-translated by MIJET.

The only real exclusive that has never been released outside of The Sega Channel was Garfield: The Lost Levels. Which was made up of the levels which were cut from the Genesis version of Garfield: Caught in the Act. Although the PC version of Garfield: Caught in the Act supposedly has some of the levels from Garfield: The Lost Levels.

Thanks
    EP Points

I see. But, for Mega Man, wouldn't it be in PAL format. I don't think I'd be able to play that on my US Genesis would I?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Don't see why not the system didn't realy have a region lock asides from the carts being a slight diff shape

Well it works the other way round I had a few US and Jap carts I used to play on my Megadrive, the first couple I had I cut the case to fit, later I git myself a pro action replay that I could use instead of doing a chop job

there are a few exceptions that do have a region lock but these are few and far between, off the top of my head I can only think of Stor of Thor/whatever it's US name is, plus flash kits tend to have a work round build in

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR