Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consoles/Handhelds you broke.

Thanks

not sure keyboard counts and not to brag, but i broken about 20 in my entire life, about 4 are my friends. broke a few razer,logic tech and few other im not sure of. but my friend did broke out in tear that i broke his razer lycosa last year. i think, or another model.

damn rhythm games, they make me so addicted till keyboards become half keyboards

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I've never broke anything because I'm not an ogre.
    I was nicknamed Ogre in High School but I haven't broken any game systems or controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

i went through 4 or 5 ps2's and 2 ps3's
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    EP Points

The only consoles I've had stop working were from regular wear and tear, and years of use. Sure, I've done my fair share of spilling shit in keyboards. But they never broke as a result. Just needed to be opened up and dried off.

Closest I've come is that I've had a few times where I took things apart to see if I could fix them after they stopped working, and failed. i.e. I've never been able to get a PS2 controller to accept any input after opening them up to un-stick the buttons. Worked fine for the 360 controllers, but never for the PS2. No idea why.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

In my youth, as a boy of 9 years old, I once went to England with my Grandmother to visit my Grandfather, along with general vacation things. I took my Playstation with me, as this was before I had things like Gameboys, and I was young and needed things to do while I was with old people. Of course, being young and stipid, I did not know that England had different electrical standards than the US, meaning that my Playstation would not fit into the wall outlets, as the plugs were too small.

Still, I would not be deterred. My Grandmother had bought adapters for various countries with her, and we both assumed that I would just use the one for England, and be on my way playing the glorious games of the 90's. However, we were met with a small snag in this quite well thought out plan:

There wasn't an adapter in the box for England. Now this is very important, because as some of you might already know, and as some of you might not, the electrical standards refer not just to the Wallmounts, but also to the amount of power they give out. This will come back up in a second.

So, there wasn't an adapter for the Great country of England, but there was one that looked like it would fit, but labeled for a different country: Cambodia.

So, as a young child, being quite stupid, I decided to use this adapter, and of course it fit into the wall, because it didn't fit into the wall, this would be quite the pointless text-dump I have subjected you to. I plugged in my Playstation, turned it on...and it was immediately fried. To the point that it caught fire.

And that, my friend is the most interesting story of a console break I have. The only other story I have also involves a Playstation, but I can cut to the chase for that particular one: I spilled water on it. The end.

Also, I broke my PS2 from overuse after playing KH2 on it for 50 hours straight. So yeah.

Thanks
    EP Points

Let's see, when I was a kid I broke my SNES with a hammer to see what was inside, still regret that. I dropped my Gameboy Color on the corner of a desk and the LCD got everywhere, good times. And I punched my Ps2 so hard enough that it stopped reading anything but Ps1 games.

I think that's it, pretty good considering the volume of consoles/handhelds I've owned throughout the years and my track record of breaking nice things.

Thanks

I sadly broke my will.... some bad soft mod install. Got homebrew to work and everything but got to greedy and downloaded some random thing that suppose to increase
    speed, just look how good that turned out

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ivolt View Post
    Also, I broke my PS2 from overuse after playing KH2 on it for 50 hours straight. So yeah.
    A captivating tale! I played Champions of Norrath and Champions of Norrath 2 from start to finish, 2 or 3 times, with a friend once. The console was a little hot but otherwise fine.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I dropped my DS lite in a pool. It had also been dropped on the floor many times. and just two days ago, my freind left my DSi in the rain . But it dried out. also, one of my snes controllers stopped working for no reason .

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGraw View Post
    I dropped my DS lite in a pool. It had also been dropped on the floor many times. and just two days ago, my freind left my DSi in the rain . But it dried out. also, one of my snes controllers stopped working for no reason .
    Why would you be playing a DS near a pool? Portability has limits .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

I really haven't broken much, I've always been very careful. I guess I did sort of break my DS lite hinge, although I didn't REALLY break it, it just broke over time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGraw View Post
    my friend dropped his original ds in a bowl of cereal 6 times.. then it stopped working and he made a video of him throwing it into a lake haha
    Persona is so beast...

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by palitocruz26 View Post
    I sadly broke my will.... some bad soft mod install. Got homebrew to work and everything but got to greedy and downloaded some random thing that suppose to increase
    speed, just look how good that turned out
    So you don't have the will to live anymore?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    This. (Those?)

I've never broken a console because I usually treat them with a fair bit of care. They have been good to me. The closest you can say I have come is the joysticks on some of my N64 controllers don't work properly anymore, but that's mainly due to overuse and shitty controller design. Not my fault.
    N64 controllers are notorious for having the worst joystick ever in controllers.

Thanks
    EP Points

I went through 2 PSPs; 1 FAT and the other a 2000 series.