Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which psp should i get?

Thanks

Default which psp should i get?

i been wanting to get a psp to play with my friends since they all use psp, but i can't decide which one to use. and most probably i will use crack or patch versions of games so yeah, they told me that newer version of psp cant be crack or too hard and i should get a old one. i did some googling and most of them were results months or years ago so im wanna know what are the pros and cons for each one of them. so far i know they got psp 1000-3000.

wait, im not even sure this is the right place forgive me if i did post the wrong place.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Hmm. I guess the best place would be Sony Systems for this...?
    Bah, whatever. I'll move it there, and someone else can move it if I'm wrong.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

3K have the best screens and can be cracked up to the latest firmware that is downgraded to a cracked version, as can the PSP-Go (though these can only be downgraded to the firmware they started at so if you buy a new one with newer firmware that the latest CFW you won't be able to do anything with it)

1K and 2K can be cracked via the same method as 3K but can be downgraded lower

1K and 2K if you have a Pandora/Tool battery (both the same thing) it does not mater what firmware you are on you can always go back to an earlier firmaware

if you want a 1k/2k, the 1k was built for me more robust but the 2k has a beter screen than the 1k

Not sure if there are any 3K/PSP-Go's that can't be cracked yet, I get a bit behind on the facts for that so I will let someone else cover that or look for the latest guide for cracking the latest firmware and read the thread fully, there is a guide on this forum.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

well is 3k has good performance than the 1k/2k or there is only slight difference. i would prefer a psp that runs most of the games and not break easily on drop since i drop alot of stuff so its not new to me but i probably be very extra careful for psp XD. so if i have a psp that cant be cracked all i need to do is downgrade it and i can put cfw/crack it,etc?

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It's just the screen they all perform the same

there is shadowing with fast screen changes with 1K all lil less with 2K and less again with 3K

there is a new model comming soon that has none, but this will be a new console not just another PSP, kinda taking a bit off of Nintendo as it has a touch screen, it is a single screen though

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

o... u say the new model is comming but its not a psp so basically it wont run psp games right? then in your opinion what do you suggest is the safest one for someone like me a total amateur at this crack stuff buy?

Thanks
    EP Points

At this point any PSP can be cracked/hacked/downgraded, but the limitation to which is depends on which models you have,
    and for the 3k model, better look for its modules.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ブル ーノ View Post
    o... u say the new model is comming but its not a psp so basically it wont run psp games right? then in your opinion what do you suggest is the safest one for someone like me a total amateur at this crack stuff buy?
    I would at a guess say it will be backward compatable but can't see it being cracked so quick so if you are wanting a hacked console then the PSP3K is the one for you

PSP-Go personly I don't like the layout but thats up to you realy

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    At this point any PSP can be cracked/hacked/downgraded, but the limitation to which is depends on which models you have,
    and for the 3k model, better look for its modules.
    Any limitation to the 3K once cracked compared to the 1K/2K models???

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

hmmm, so 3k huh, are ALL the function of the 1k/2k crack ones in 3k as well, and it is guarantee that it would be cracked? or not. thats what im mostly worry about.

Thanks
    EP Points

From my experience in dealing with the psp's... (I have a 2000, my brother has a 3000), either of these models can be easily setup with Custom Firmware. My brother's currently runs 6.39PRO-B6, a custom firmware that lets us play .iso psp files, eboot playstation 1 games, as well as run multiple emulators including snes, gba and n64. My own runs 6.35PRO-B6 and can do all of the things I just mentioned as well.

I have no idea how well the 3000 model can be hacked with pre-6.3.x firmware, but it works just fine with 6.39PRO-B6.

The biggest thing about setting up this is you need to remember to turn off UMD Cache for it to install properly, or at least I did for both our systems. lol

Thanks

hmmm, thats a very big problem..... im not very good at these stuff, mayb i go for 2k/3k, depending on what i can find around. a question again i know, im probably annoying by now, yet i really don't know much about psp. regardless of whatever devices, i know they should have a model number or what kind of version stuff they are using, where should i look for it. it gonna be a hassle if i buy the wrong one. a screeshot might prove useful

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Any limitation to the 3K once cracked compared to the 1K/2K models???
    That depends on which CFW you use, especially if you want to use plugins, since only few plugins has been ported for 6.3x/6.2x firmware.
    For the games, most of them can be run without the need of patch, unlike old CFW, where some games need to be patched, or the use of Prometheus add-on to run.

Well, the models doesn't matter anyway if you are using recent CFW, but for the performance, I'd say 3000, as it has more RAM, and nice screen compared to 1k/2k.

Quote Originally Posted by ブル ーノ View Post
    hmmm, so 3k huh, are ALL the function of the 1k/2k crack ones in 3k as well, and it is guarantee that it would be cracked? or not. thats what im mostly worry about.
    Yes, yes, you can.

But I suggest getting 6.20 and below if you want to have permanent CFW on your PSP, all of them has the same function, which basically running backup games, if that what you worried about.

Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

What about the cheat engine, is that available for newer firmwares

Mod projects - XBOX
    [Quest Packs Collection]

Thanks

o... what about ISO and CSO? my friend said he uses wat prometheus patch. if i get a 3k 6.20 fw and below do i still need to patch those things up? and can i play games with promethues since im going to get some games from him but his are all prometheus patched.